RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Junaei The Slayer

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Click To View

Details

This is one of my characters, Junaei.  Basically she is a slayer of beasts.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:04:43 PM by boe »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
 :o Teach me  :cow:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
You see that brain matter over on the wall?  Thats from when my head exploded. 

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
@ Firerain - Teach you what exactly?

@ biohazard - Wow!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Teach me your skills. Seriously, I'm in awe. How long have you been using Photoshop?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Do you use a graphics tablet?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Yep.  Wacom Graphire 2.

And I've been using photoshop for about four years.  It's not about knowing how to use photoshop, it's about practicing your drawing and painting skills.  If you want to make good digital art, practice your ability to draw not your ability to use a program.

This is part of the reason why I only use the round brush when I paint.  It's very rare that I ever use a custom brush and if I do it's one I made myself.  This particular piece was made using only the round brush.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:20:41 AM by garygill »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Wow, those actually look painted, that's amazing. I don't like something about the dragon...but thats just me. Its really great ^^

You need to teach me about painting technique on the computer...although OC may function differently than what you use.

Yep.  Wacom Graphire 2.
Woot. I love Graphwires ^^

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
My technique is really quite simple.  I just paint the same way I would in real life.  I'd love to share what I know so if you have anything specific...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ah. well, Ill PM you a WIP I have (the drawing itself is old, so I could actually draw it better, but so much work has gone into the coloring...Eh.), and you can give me pointers. K? Mk.

I suppose I'd do the same thing...But for some reason OC makes color dissolve the color its painted over instead of just going over it...like, i guess you could make a translucent layer or something...i dunno. Yours are good though. I suppose I could work on actually painting, something I havent done for about 5 months... :P

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Ok cool.  I'd be happy to take a look at your drawing.

And yes I strongly believe in drawing traditionally.  It just makes things more real.  Most of the stuff I post online is digital but most of my practice is done in traditional medium.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Yeah. Recently I've gone back to practicing in my sketchbook...I've gotten alot better since I drew in it last, which is nice.
What do you think about coloring with markers such as prismacolor?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Those are great for colour experimenting and what not.  I'm not well versed with those but I've seen great stuff done with them.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
yeah...I can't figure out how they work XD
Ah well.
So what do you use your characters for?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
I have a story that I'm developing.  So I'm kind of designing characters for the story as well as using it as practice.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Oh, nice, same here...
Well...
Sorta.
One thing though- I would sortof veer away from an anime-ish style. Alot of people are doing that recently, and so your art would be more unique if you developed more of a personal style. That said, your style isn't all that generic, and her eyes could just be larger because (im assuming) she's a night elf.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Aw man does my stuff seriously look like anime?

And no she is is part of a race called Narrahk that I've created.  If you look closely you'll see a horn above each eye.  These horns vary in size among members of this race.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:03:24 AM by garygill »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This is some serious kick-ass you've made, I am amazed over your skill ;9
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Thank you very much.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Aw man does my stuff seriously look like anime?

And no she is is part of a race called Narrahk that I've created.  If you look closely you'll see a horn above each eye.  These horns vary in size among members of this race.
Ah.
She looks drow-ish. sorry about the misconception :P

Well, it sortof looks anime.  The face has a lot more detail than an anime face would, but something is still like that about it. I dunno *shrug*

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Ah okay.  It's probably the eyes and how it's simplified like that.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Make a tutorial about how to draw ast like that! ;D
Cause I'm getting my tablet soon and I wanna use it lots.

I really like your art style, very storybook-ish.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I need a graphics tablet.