RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Rotation of a House

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

The image on the left is a game rip. The one on the right is my own, made from dead scratch.

This probably doesn't seem huge to you, but it is to me, as it marks a milestone in my development as a spriter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:04:54 PM by boe »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
that looks awesome arrow
better than I can sprite

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Holy shit!
Thats great. I can never sprite large surfaces, such as house walls. Also, great rotation.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
=o
they look like...identical! sweet job.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I do like it, but some things to work on would be the depth of the pillars, the size of things, and the depth of the overhang over the door and such.  Doghouse really needs some work too, imo, looks to straight and perfect, where as the 45 degree one looks real.

Rep:
Level 96
I shrunk the overhang on the one for the tileset, and it looks a little better but I don't think it's 'juuuuuuuuuuuust righty' yet. It's also too "high" in relation to the wall.

[+rep points to those who recognize the reference]

You're right about the doghouse too. The other one isn't as crisp, and it's more blendy. I think I overcompensated for the way the lighting would be affected by the house.

You're also correct about the pillar. It's too thick.

Dunno what you meant about the size of "things" though. :|

I greatly appreciate the criticism, and I'll be correcting those things immediately.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The pillar also shouldn't have the blue stripe, as that is not present in the original. Otherwise I think it looks pretty great.

Rep:
Level 96
Ah HA! Nice catch!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The front edges of the roof aren't exactly 90 degrees, Arrow.
It's more curved.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, I see that now.

I'll edit it tomorrow or something. I'm sooooo sick of looking at chipsets right now I could barf.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Hi Arrow, I decided to join this site. =P

That is awesome!  Great job.