RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A simple age-old Debate; Quantity vs Quality.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Quantity vs Quality-excluding energy needed.

Quality
Most people wants our work is always of the best quality, and says quantity is less important than quality.
"Quality wins to quantity."
One God wins a war with a million soldiers.
Or so they say.

Quantity
Quantity has its on quality.
"Safety in Numbers apply."
We depend on each other to enchance our work.

The Question

Which is better?
Quantity or Quality?

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
They both are equally important.

If you have enough quantity of water, buts in filled with Vibrio Cholerae(the virus that causes Cholera, i know) then it sucks.
If you have pure water, but just a tiny droplet, the vibrio cholerae will probably eat it so there;s no use.

Need to have co-ordination, like peanut butter and jelly.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
quantity over quality

buy low sell high :lol:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
But, if the price difference(quality) is low; it would be better of to sell a small amount of high-priced products.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's entirely dependent on the subject matter. When it comes to things like friends, quality is way over quantity. However, with something like money no one gives a damn if the dollar bill looks pretty.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Ah, but 1 kg of gold is better than 20 thousand dollar bills. I would take quality over quantity any day.

Rep:
Level 89
Depends on what your talking about, if say your on about a fight/war type scenario then i would say quantity, because you could have a bunch of excellent fighters, but say you had 10 awesome fighters against 70, then its obvious the one with 10 is gonna lose, so quantity in that situation.

Where as work, its quality.

So like nightwolf said, both are just as important
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 07:52:37 PM by shadowdude »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ah, but 1 kg of gold is better than 20 thousand dollar bills. I would take quality over quantity any day.

My post was referring to dollar bills, not gold.

say you had 10 awesome fighters against 70, then its obvious the one with 5 is gonna lose

... ?_?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well yeah, but in terms of what the dollar bill represents (i.e. a monetary value), gold is of higher quality (as in gold represents a monetary value which is higher then the dollar bill). I merely expanded your example from the physical condition of the dollar to the actual worth of the dollar bill.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
However, quantity has its own quality, so when the amount reaches a certain number it's better than choosing quality.

For example, 1 kg gold is lower than 1 trillion US dollars.

Rep:
Level 89

My post was referring to dollar bills, not gold.

say you had 10 awesome fighters against 70, then its obvious the one with 5 is gonna lose

... ?_?

I was tired, leave me alone ;9

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Quantity strongly depends on HOW MUCH.

It is possible to reach a point when Quantity beats Quality in arguably any situation.

If 10 noobs can't beat you in Halo 3,,then 20 noobs will,,etc
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
There are Billions of Humans but only a fraction are worth the air they breath.

But at the same time they make great cannon fodder in wars and do all the mundane jobs most wouldn't do.

I would say Quality over Quantity...

But I think one day both will apply once we have robots doing the Mundane jobs we can shoot those that are scummers...LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
LoL,,they don't deserve the air they breath,,ahahahaha,,agreed.

LoL,,here is a good example:

No matter how much salt water,,bad quality water,,you drink,,you are still going to kick the bucket.
Good quality fresh water FTW!!!
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Quantity strongly depends on HOW MUCH.

It is possible to reach a point when Quantity beats Quality in arguably any situation.

If 10 noobs can't beat you in Halo 3,,then 20 noobs will,,etc

What about love? Does quantity ever surpass quality in that situation?

Rep:
Level 87

That's for a woman to decide.  Besides,,most of them value foreplay(quantity,,the more foreplay,,the better) more than the climax (quality).
-that's accoring to Playboy.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
And can quality surpass a more powerful quantity when it reaches a certain quality?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

But at the same time they make great cannon fodder in wars and do all the mundane jobs most wouldn't do.

But I think one day both will apply once we have robots doing the Mundane jobs we can shoot those that are scummers...LOL
The air they breath? The air they breh-th?
You mean breathe. Breathe = breeeeeeeeeeeeth

Also quality > quantity. Just look at the Police Academy movies.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Why is it that love = sex for you children. -_________-

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
An equal balance of quality and quantity, duh ~_~

but to answer the question~

:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

That's for a woman to decide.  Besides,,most of them value foreplay(quantity,,the more foreplay,,the better) more than the climax (quality).
-that's accoring to Playboy.

I said love, you dope. Not sex.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Love does not equal Sex
Sex = AIDs/Kids/STDs
Love= Marriage then sex

Oh and Quality>Quantity

A few good men can win a war, but many citizens with no heart will run

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Staying left to fight a war is just stupidity too imo. Let them rape your land. Go leech theirs. It's hard to judge quality and quantity in war since there is no such thing as a terminator or sth that is better than anyone else. If you have Parkinsons then you shouldn't be in the army.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
In MATH,,quantity will win out.  Here is the proof:

1) Let GOD represent the ultimate quality
2) Let PERSON represent (1/1,000,000)th quality of god,,or PERSON = (1/1,000,000) * GOD = GOD / 1,000,000

Note that:

GOD = 1,000,000 * PERSON

STEP 1:

Now let's assume that we have 1,000,000 PERSON,,then:

1,000,000 * PERSON = (GOD / 1,000,000) + (GOD / 1,000,000) + ... +  (GOD / 1,000,000)            [for a total of 1,000,000 times]

On the left side we know that GOD = 1,000,000 * PERSON
On the right side,,we can take 1/1,000,000 out to get

GOD = 1/1,000,000 (GOD + GOD + ... + GOD)                [GOD repeates 1,000,000 times]

GOD = 1/1000,000 (1,000,000 * GOD)

GOD = GOD         [our computations work out correct]

STEP 2:

Since GOD = 1,000,000 PERSONS

What happens if we have 2,000,000 PERSONS?  Then the ultimate quality, aka GOD is LESS than 2,000,000 * PERSONS

Of course the argument against this is:
if GOD is supposed to be the ulimate quality,,then it can't equal PERSON / 1,000,000

All in all,,QUALITY = QUANTITY

Woohoo,,did anyone actually follow the proof? LoL,,didn't think so....

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That might be the dumbest and most irrational post I've seen in a while. You can't equate anything to God because there isn't even proof the dude exists (which would make God = 0 if he doesn't exist and therefore destroy your theory, by the way).