RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Game in two days" contest.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Sorry, not really accepting further entrants.

Okay so here's how it is (what have I gotten myself into...):

The contest begins NOW. Times for contestants (due to timezones/schedule constraints) are as follows.

Arrow: END
Banisher of Eden, Eva: END
Skanker: END
Gilga: DROP OUT

Using any RPG maker, the contestants:

BanisherofEden, EvangelionProjectZeroOne, Skanker, GilgameshRO, and myself

Are to make a small game including at least the following:

1. At least one character
2. At least one, complete dungeon, consisting of as many maps as desired.
3. At least two FULL sets of armor- this means two weapons, two shields, two body armors, two accessories.

That's it. We'll post downloads when they are done.

Guess what *mine* is based on. Just guess. I dare ya. It's not hard.

Premade stuff obviously allowed, but original maps and items are a must for sure.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...

GO!

DOWNLOAD THE GAMES here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21424.msg268620.html

VOTE here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21446.msg268901.html#new
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:46:12 AM by Arrow-1 »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Two days is like...15 minutes.
Too short to make a game, especially if you're busy.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Two days is like...15 minutes.
Too short to make a game, especially if you're busy.

Add alot of force-levels and it works.

Wow, this sounds like a stupid contest, we'll be lucky to have one game that isn't crap and lasts more than 4 minutes.

If it's not good then why even bother? This is just for fun; nothing serious.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
So, Lara Crawft...you're in?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
How do we know that you started the game now and not long before and are just posting your older games in this competition?

hmmm.
Arlen is hot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I am Skanker, yes, I kicked Arrow buttz to join and I am in for this.

Rep:
Level 96
Certain comments (ahem) are completely uncalled for.

Beyond that, yes, it isn't a lot of time. It's supposed to just be a way to see who can do the best under pressure with a limited resource. If you aren't interested then, well, you can just move right along.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
you should have set a start time aswell. :D

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Has Vaginahands even gotten a account yet?

He needs one.

(P.S. Classes let out at 1/2 so I am getting started now)
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Bah, I can't do my game in time. I have to leave around four to go watch the game with my dad, then go out to eat, then go somewhere else, then spend the night there, then go to Florida the next morning. ._.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
interesting concept.
too bad I wasn't around for the start of this thing or I would have joined

cna I judge?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
interesting concept.
too bad I wasn't around for the start of this thing or I would have joined

cna I judge?
It's a public judging. A poll will be made, with links to the games.

Rep:
Level 96
Exactly right. Judging is left to the community in it's entirety.

So in essence, yes. ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Exactly right. Judging is left to the community in it's entirety.

So in essence, yes. ;8

oh, that I did not know
alright, I'll be sure to play and vote then

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

House of Nostalgia
Rep:
Level 87
You loved it.
All those who cannot make a simple game in 2 days, you aren't cut out to be a maker.

Good luck to all, and who ever winds gets a prize of me!

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
If you think two days is a reliable amount of time to make game, you aren't cut out to be a game maker.

Real mature Arrow, deleting posts that you don't like (DO IT MORE, JOIN THE DARK SIDE), seriously, we're just discussing that two days won't give anything good. Will we get a storyline? No. Gameplay? Perhaps? Bugs? Hell yes.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
If you think two days is a reliable amount of time to make game, you aren't cut out to be a game maker.

Real mature Arrow, deleting posts that you don't like (DO IT MORE, JOIN THE DARK SIDE), seriously, we're just discussing that two days won't give anything good. Will we get a storyline? No. Gameplay? Perhaps? Bugs? Hell yes.

Jeeze, I don't know what your problem is, it is only a casual contest, were not expecting the next game of the year out of this.  :-\

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
But i still feel Arrow is cheating.

I can tell it by his face.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 91
I understand that you all are fooling around, I just don't see the point, what comes out isn't going to be a 'game', is it?

Rep:
Level 98
Well, if you don't like it than you can just

Spoiler for Lotsapictures:

Rep:
Level 96

I deleted it because it was useless spam. It was a flame, for no good reason other than to flame. I already announced, and furthermore, announced directly to you, that I was going to be harsher on that. There was no "discussion" involved. You were just being "real mature".

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Let's just see the finished product. :-*

@EVAProject01
 ;D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I just finished my entry. I still have some time though so I might want to try and balance it out, but to be honest I'm too lazy for that. Mine will be hard as hell I think.

Rep:
Level 91
Oh come on, if I don't say fuck at least twice it's not really a flame. I was more interested in starting a debate about whether two days was enough time to make a game.

Well, since the entries are supposed to be done, no point in arguing, since we'll see who was right.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Oh come on, if I don't say fuck at least twice it's not really a flame. I was more interested in starting a debate about whether two days was enough time to make a game.

Well, since the entries are supposed to be done, no point in arguing, since we'll see who was right.

ID has been inactive for some time. Go post a topic there.

Rep:
Level 96
Seriously. Or in a new topic. Discussion of whether or not it is in fact possible is off-topic here, as this topic is for a contest.

Also, there is no "fuck" rule, no matter how much you want there to be.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait. Shouldn't the games be done by now? :P

Rep:
Level 96
See the first post. :P

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 96
...did I not give the right answer ?______?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You did. I read the post and yeah.

Rep:
Level 96
OKAY. Discussion is going to be moved to a new topic now. Everyone should know what it is by now, all big questions asked, etc.

What we're gonna do is stagger the releases now, so that everyone has ample time to play all of the entries.

Mine and Skanker's will be released first.

Fred's will probably come next.

Gilga's last.

Watch out for a new topic in the next thirty minutes.