RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] SCARE SKILL Tutorial [XP]

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
This skill,,when cast by your hero(s),,will force a selected enemy to flee from battle.  You don't need any switches nor variables for this skill to work.  Here is how it's done.

First create a new STATE(condition) as follows:

Spoiler for:

Then,,create a Common Event as follows (it uses conditional branch [page 1] and force action [page 3] commands):

Spoiler for:

Here is a more detailed version of Conditional Branch and Force Action commands:

Spoiler for:

Finally,,create a new skill in the skills section as follows (I called it SCARE):

Spoiler for:

AND YOU ARE DONE!!  Enjoy.  Also on a personal note,,you can make enemies such as BOSSES immune to the FLEEING state. ([E] Fleeing under State Efficiency in Enemies Tab)  Also you can make some enemies more subdued to the state than others. [A] Fleeing would make them most likely to flee,,[E] Fleeing makes them virtually invulnerable.

Coming up....the WARP SKILL tutorial.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:17:30 PM by djkdjl »
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Pretty good tutorial. It is done in an interesting way. My one question is how/where does it work. In your tutorial,  you never call the common event that causes the enemies to act upon the state. I figured you might want to rectify that. Otherwise, it is a nice tutorial. Good job.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah he does. The skill turns on the event. Right?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Ah, so it does. I am afraid I am a little out of it today.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I feel so special to have noticed something about eventing that my teacher didn't. ;D Wait... speaking of which... I haven't received any lessons from you (if you're still doing it) or for shaz! XD

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Thankies.

haha /gasp!

mastermoo outdoes modern at eventing! I thought that was unheard of.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. A fluke. modern_algebra has looked at numbers for too long.

Rep:
Level 87
:P
That's a good tutorial. I never thought of doing it like that.

Rep:
Level 86
Nice tutorial that will help alot thanks :P

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry for this massive bump, but there is a slight problem...

The links are dead. As such, nobody can use the tutorial