RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The return of an Ancient...

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I used to work with rpg2003 and rpgxp, but my computer got trashed and I lost everything I was working on and it broke my will to continue.  That was in the year of our lord, 2005.  I picked up RPGMaker 3 for PS2 two days ago and I am already fed up with typing one letter a time with the control pad.

I am thinking about rejoining the ranks of mediocre game designers and working on craptastic games again.

Should I?

Meh, I have so many good ideas for games that I want to use my creativity.  I just need to remember all the stuff I forgot.

A few things I had figured out for using scripts was a journal that the player could open up and check progress sort of like a quest log, I figured out how to make cut scenes and move the characters around...... I even had a system set up to change the main character so that the player could create his own character.

I will need to download some stuff and try to get back into it, but I thought I would say "hello world" and see if anyone remembered me from the old days.
Booyah!