RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Ummm... That is rather vague, can you be a bit more specific?
Huge sig is huuuuge.

Are you still taking requests?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Depends on the complexity of the problem I'm given. XD I might be only able to get so far in it before I realize I can't do it D:

Alright well is it possible to create archery if not how about dunk tank, or vehicle riding such as carts.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Hmmm, well, projectiles I am trying to do, so i will post what i got when i finish.
As for vehicles, there are thousands of topics asking about them. It simply cannot be done without extended graphics or scripts.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Would it be possible to get an event system where there's a horse or something on the map, and the player can walk up to it, press the action button to get on and ride around, then press something else to dismount? Oh, and upon dismount, the horse should return to its original position. 

I can't figure out how to get the player to dismount.
Attached is how I have the player mounting.

I'd be very grateful.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, the problem I'd have with that is that you'd only be able to use the horse in one map. I mean, you could probably just make an item that calls a common event that'll change you into a horse rider along with move speed increase. Then to dismount you call the common event again. Here's what I have in mind:

If "Horse Riding" (a switch) is on:
  change hero into normal and make move speed normal.
  turn "Horse Riding" off
end
If "Horse Riding" is off:
  Change hero into a horse rider and make move speed faster.
  turn "Horse Riding" on
end

Rep:
Level 85
wondering would you be able to whip me up to common events, one to store the players map id and x y coords. Then another that would teleport the player to that location. I would like to use these in either Item or Spell form so the player could teleport around.

2nd idea
Ive ben trying to figure out how i could change the char id whenever the player would change armor. I know this is very complex and needs extra sprites but I'll only be needing this for the body armor. Ive made a conditional branch that checks the armor the player is wearing, then changes the char id. one problem with this for some reason it wont change the actual char id till the player changes maps.

Any help with these would be greatly apreciated

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
HI, I am new to RMXP and am learning the traits of it slowly. But I was just trying to test out an event where there are 2 people involved and a chest.

The event would be like

person 1 --> tell you to go to person 2
person 2 --> tell you to go to chest
chest

Now what I want is the person 2 will talk only if the char has talked to person 1 and then the chest will open only after the char has talked to person 2.

Can someone please help me. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:12:36 AM by jalpanthaky »

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
HI, I am new to RMXP and am learning the traits of it slowly. But I was just trying to test out an event where there are 2 people involved and a chest.

The event would be like

person 1 --> tell you to go to person 2
person 2 --> tell you to go to chest
chest

Now what I want is the person 2 will talk only if the char has talked to person 1 and then the chest will open only after the char has talked to person 2.

Can someone please help me. 

Open the event page for person 1, below where you have the text "go to person 2" (or whatever it is), create a new event, and find "control switches" on the first page of events, click on the dropdown menu (its an arrow next to a "0001"), click the "0001" switch, rename it if you like, and make sure "operation" is set to "on", click ok.
It should now have a event that says something like "Control switches: [001] = ON". Now, create a new page for person 1, its a big button near the top of the event window. It says "new event page", click it. You should now have 2 event pages, click the second one (the one you just made), and if you want it to still have a character graphic, set one. Now, on that page above the "graphic" selection box, you should see "Conditions" and under that, a un-checked check box. Check one of them (theres 2), then click the dropdown (its a arrow), and select "0001" or whatever you named the switch. Now, when you talk to that person again, it won't keep saying  it over and over.

Now, open the event page for person 2. Make a second event page like you did before, leave the first page blank. Remember to set a graphic for the second page, otherwise when you talk to person 1 and that turns on the switch, person 2 will disappear. Now, do the same as before. Under "conditions" check "switch". Find the same switch (0001 or whatever you named it). Put whatever text you want person 2 to say after you talk to person 1 here. NOW, create a event on this page (second event page), and find "control switches" again. This time, turn on "0002" or whatever you decide to name it, this will turn ON the chest. When this switch is on, create a third event page for person 2, and under conditions, select the switch you just made (0002). Now, for the chest. Have the first event page blank, except for the graphic of the chest. Create a new event page, under conditions, choose 0002 (or whatever you named it). Now enter whatever you want people to find in the chest on this page.

If you want the chest to only give you stuff once, then after finishing everything above, create a new event on the second event page for the chest, find "control self switch", which is right under "control switch". Now all you have to do is make a third event page, leave it blank, set a graphic for the chest (choose the graphic of the open chest, so it wont close and not give you the stuff), and under conditions, under "switch", find "self switch". Check it, and select A, or whatever self switch you enabled on the page before.

There.. That's it, if you did it right, it should do this:
You talk to person 1, person 1 tells you to talk to person 2, person 2 tells you to open the chest, you open the chest, get the stuff, and the chest now looks opened. You cant talk to either people anymore, or get the stuff from the chest again.

I hope I helped, and wasn't too confusing..

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
hey in my game i need to be able to have my guy pull 4 switches before a door opens...i know u can do it with 2 but idk how to do it with 4 could u help me out? Thx

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Use a variable. Whenever you pull a switch, add 1 to the variable. Then have the check as if variable == 4

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Also turn on a Local Variable for each so you make sure you can't turn on the same switch twice or more.

thx great help guys

not trying to be a noob but is there any way you could make a quest where you have to kill 10 goblins and everytime u kill one it changes from 1/10 Goblins Killed to 2/10 Goblins Killed???

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
1) Please edit your post in the future.
2) It's kinda hard to do this unless you're using an ABS. "Kinda hard" as in "it seems hard, I haven't tried it, nor do I want to think about how to do it at the moment since it's 11 PM."

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Hmmm, well, projectiles I am trying to do, so i will post what i got when i finish.
As for vehicles, there are thousands of topics asking about them. It simply cannot be done without extended graphics or scripts.

Vehicles, as in an airship? I can see it requiring extra graphics, but why does it need scripts?

hey idk if this would be a event or script but im just gonna ask...is there any way to make moer than 4 choices in the choices branch

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
>Choices
>>1_a;lksjdfasjd;lfkj
>>2_asl;dkfja;lskdjf;laksjdf
>>3_a;lskdjfa;lksjdf;alksjdf
>>4_More Choices
>>Choices
>>>1_;alksjdf;laksjdf
>>>2_a;slkdjfa;lksjdf;alksjd
>>>3_aa;lskdjf;ajsd;f
>>>4_More Choices
>>>Choices
>>>>1_a;lskdjf;alskdf
>>>>2_a;lksjdf;alkjsd;kfj
>>>>3_;alksjdf;lkajs;dlkfja;slkdfj
>>>>4_You get the point.

So yeah. You could do it with events. If you wanted something like

Choices
>1_asd;lfkjasdf
>2_a;slkdfja;sdkjf
>3_al;skdjfa;lskdjf
>4_;alksjdf;lakjsdf
>5_a;skldjf;alksdjf
>6_a;skdjf;alksdjf
>7_a;sldkjfa;lskdjf
>8_;alksjdf;lakjsd;flkj

then you need a script. I know there's one for something like that but it stops at around 8 i think.

If you are still bored I have some event requests.

Making the png files into usefull events that work smoothly :D.
If you want to do this would be great! and very much appreciated. I tried this myself but I lack the skills to make it work. Everytime when I try it only the first row works and I change graphic it doenst look nice. Modern algebra told me its all about timing and framerate but I can't get it to work so could you post the exact settings/events to be used with these please?

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

THX  VERY MUCH!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Just make a movement event command for any of them. Just figure out what order the animation goes in and then in the movement event commands, just use a series of change graphics and wait commands. Example for your first sheet (the tree one and the 2nd row down)::

(first set the event graphic as the first graphic far left, 2nd row down [the empty rabit hole])
Movecommand::
wait command>4 frames
change graphic> (choose the graphic to the right of what it is now)
wait command>4 frames
wait command>4 frames
wait command>4 frames
change graphic> (choose the original graphic this started with)

you're done.

These aren't continuous animations so they shouldn't be on parallel process unless you intend to have them run once then stop, or unless you run it then have it wait for some time then run again. These are best used for cutscenes only since it's impossible to have a character interact with these correctly since technically these are all only 1 tile big (the event size).

To do this to more of them, like your second page, then you just need to use more change graphic event commands inside of the movement event command. It looks like the hangman page would be the entire page. So you'd use 15 change graphics at least for that one. It's up to you to decide how many wait frames looks nice.

OF every thing i know how to do on RMXP, i cannot figure out how to make moving platforms you can stand on to ride. not just have them move, but actually get on to ride to its destination. i dont want a script i need this done with events.... some one please help me! (this is the only thing holding up my game making fun....)

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Ok, I need a couple of event systems:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance style Beastmaster and Hunter classes
2: Skills with AP (So like, a character will already know all of their skills, but their unusable. You can assign a skill to learn AP for, and when the AP requirtment is met the skill is useable or learned, or whatever.)
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
OF every thing i know how to do on RMXP, i cannot figure out how to make moving platforms you can stand on to ride. not just have them move, but actually get on to ride to its destination. i dont want a script i need this done with events.... some one please help me! (this is the only thing holding up my game making fun....)

That's not too too difficult, though there is some trickery required. The easiest way I know of is once the actor gets on to the platform and move the platform and actor at the same time but with actor move animation turned off.

There might need to be some playing around with that concept, but that's the concept at least.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Also, to tack on to what MA said, it depends on what kind of platform you're jumpin onto. If it's something crazy like a carpet or something else you'll probably need some graphic for it while your player is not on it and depending on what you want your character to look like while s/he's on it then a graphic for when your player is on the panel too. Like MA said, just some playing around.