RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I am seriously bored as crap right now. I probably will be until Friday.

I'm taking event system requests that people want help to fulfill. I have limitations to what I can do so... yeah. I can do a bit of stuff.

Basic systems will be fulfilled quicker than advanced ones to keep them less waiting. That is, if I get any requests.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:09:55 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
If you are ever incredibly bored,,and seeing that noone posted yet,,would you mind a making some sort of a sports game,,for a tutorial,,on how to make other sports games using events.

Perhaps you can tackle football,,or try to make a hockey game?  There are a lot of events involved,,and a sports game would make an awesome mini games to add to ANY RPG.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
A tut for a cooking system that can actually use two ingredients?
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh sorry, didn't notice replies. XD I'll try the cooking system first because it seems easier. XD

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Is it ok, umm how do I put this...if I can specifications for the cooking system?
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Sure. List the ingredients first. And then the recipe stuff. Try not to make too much at first.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Actually, it can be any ingridedents, or recipes, I prefer the event asking what item you would like to cook(Only from your inventory), and giving the result item depending on the item/items cooked.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Err... Unclear of what you said but let me finish my demo up and then test it, k?

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Ok. What I mean it would ask which of the items you would like to cook(either, one item, or two), but only from your inventory, and will give you a cooked item depending on the item/items.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hmmm.... That could be much easier than what I made but the problem is: it's impossible to do a checklist kind of thing with events. :P

I attached what I made, though XP

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Thanks man. I need one more done, this to be exact:

*The main character has a pet that follows him around, and every 200 steps, the pet picks up a random item, but I added something to make it better.
A friendship system, when you talk to the pet, you have a few options(The pet will give you a item if she/he picked one up):
Pet(Positive)
Scold(Negative)
Hit(Negative)
Feed(Postive)

Depending on which you choose, using a varible, it takes away points from the pet's trust(you get the idea, Postive = +1, Negative = -1.), so the higher friendship, the rarer items the pet will find, and I like it you can only do a action every three minutes, to prevent er... 'powerleveling'.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Erm........ Let's see... I have no way of doing this. The pet would only work on one map or it would be a fighter. Plus, I would need the caterpillar script and that would take out the whole point of an evented system :P

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Actually, it can be restricted to one map if you like, I prefer it like that.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Alright. It'll take a bit of time.... Sorry for late post because I'm reading :P

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Also, restrict the max points for his trust to 100.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ehh... The last change in things is when you reach level 15... >_>

Anyways, this took at least 40 minutes. I am quite proud of this system. XD I haven't tested all the functions but it, in theory XD, should work.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Ok, I noticed a problem.
After the message "Get free pet food from the guy on the right.", the screen freezes after displaying a blank message box.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol okay wait. By wait, I mean wait for about at least 18 hours because I gotta sleep and school and etc.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Ok, or I could figure it out on my own. I'll let you know if I want you to make any more tuts. :) Thanks.
Current Project:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Hey this pet system's kinda cool. :o
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Hey this pet system's kinda cool. :o

Hahaa thanks. It took me a while.

Ok, or I could figure it out on my own. I'll let you know if I want you to make any more tuts. :) Thanks.
Do that. XD

If you are ever incredibly bored,,and seeing that noone posted yet,,would you mind a making some sort of a sports game,,for a tutorial,,on how to make other sports games using events.

Perhaps you can tackle football,,or try to make a hockey game?  There are a lot of events involved,,and a sports game would make an awesome mini games to add to ANY RPG.
That sounds better suited for scripts. Evented would be pretty funky and complex and laggy.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Was the version a few posts zipped before you tested the event? Because, the way it is it will freeze on both the Step Init and Flow Common Events? First, the fact that Step Init is called by the switch Dog freezes the game (I assume you meant it to Autorun on Step Initialize, since it turns Step Initialize Off at the end), and the Flow one also freezes the game because you turn Flow on, not off, at the end of the common event. Second, it is a waste of a switch in both cases. Make use of the Call Common Event Feature, as that runs the common event just once, without needing any switches. I would also ask if it is in fact necessary to use a common event for either, as they are not large events and they do not, as far as I can see, need to be run more then once. I haven't looked at much of it yet, as those two bugs got in the way, but aside from those I imagine it will be pretty good. I would, however, suggest that you look at a way to make the pet extend to other maps. Naturally, you would need to transfer the dog's movement from a common event to a local event, but since a lot of the event is already located in common events otherwise, it would not be too hard to get through it.

As well, I would recommend taking the dog off approach. You already have his movement determined through the common event, and the approach causes the dog to move all over the place. As well, in order to make it look more natural as the dog following the player, it might be a good idea to use variables to make the caterpillar, much like arkbennet did in his tutorial: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20245.0.html. There were a few problems with his, which I mentioned in the topic. Primarily, I would suggest using player position and last player position rather then player and event position, since that will make it so that the event is not trying to move into you every square.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 11:57:38 PM by modern algebra »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Erm........ Let's see... I have no way of doing this. The pet would only work on one map or it would be a fighter. Plus, I would need the caterpillar script and that would take out the whole point of an evented system :P

You could set an event to remove the pet before and add it after every battle.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

That would suck. :(
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

?

Or he could event the caterpillar system and not have to have the dog be a fighter