RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Summon Monster (RPGXP)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
RPG Nub
Well, my game is based around summoning monsters to aid you in battle, I have come up with a way to summon monsters into your party and getting them out using common events.
But, I want a skill to remove them DURING battle, here's what I have so far.

Skill: Summon Giant
Add "Giant" status to "hero1"
Call Common Event "Giant Summon Begin"
=
Branch: "hero1" is "Giant" inflicted.
>*comment* This is too make sure hero1 stays at the front of the party after summon
>Branch: "hero2" is in party
>>Switch "hero2inparty" on
>>Branch End
>Branch: "hero3" is in party
>>Switch "hero3inparty" on
>>Branch End
>Remove "hero1"
>Add "Giant"
>Add state "giant" to "Giant"
>Recover all "Giant"

Then heres where the problem starts.
Common Event "Giant Summon End" Parallel

Branch: "Giant" is in party
>Branch "Giant" is "Giant" inflicted
>
>else
>> Remove "Giant"
>>Add "Hero1"
>>*comment* adding other members to make hero1 first in party
>>*removed this part 'cause it's long  :P *
>>Change State "Hero1" -"Giant"

The state "Giant" Ends after the battle, so our hero that was replaced returns after battle.
But I made a skill, that removes the giant state from the summon and also calls the Common Event "Giant Summon End"
For some strange reason, when the summon is called, the giant state isn't added to the summon, and even though the ending summon
skill calls the common event to end the summon it doesn't work.

And if anyone asks no your hero will not return when the summon dies.

Thank You for reading.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:05:49 PM by modern algebra »
Signature Image coming soon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, if you're making a skill, why not completely skip the state and directly remove from party and add the characters back in?

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
*cough* Lord Blizzard's CRLS @ chaosproject.co.nr *cough*
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

RPG Nub
Well, if you're making a skill, why not completely skip the state and directly remove from party and add the characters back in?
Well I need the state to add the old members back after the battle, the skill is to remove them during the battle.

Quote from: WcW
*cough* Lord Blizzard's CRLS @ chaosproject.co.nr *cough*
Thats a bad cough you got there.

I prefer to try things myself, if I get stuck I'll ask for help, if it becomes hopeless then I'll completely rely on someone else to do it.
So if all else fails I'll contact this guy.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Sweet, Eventing all the way!
Now, I noticed, you add the state to the giant, and then you use "Recover All".
If your using Complete Healing or whatever it is in the legal version (If your using it.)
It's going to heal up not only HP/MP, but status effects on him too.
Try switching it around.

If that's not your problem...
I'm also developing a summon system for somebodies game, if you'd like to send me what you got in a demo.
I'm sure I could correct it for you, and tell you why.

RPG Nub
Sweet, Eventing all the way!
Now, I noticed, you add the state to the giant, and then you use "Recover All".
If your using Complete Healing or whatever it is in the legal version (If your using it.)
It's going to heal up not only HP/MP, but status effects on him too.
Try switching it around.

If that's not your problem...
I'm also developing a summon system for somebodies game, if you'd like to send me what you got in a demo.
I'm sure I could correct it for you, and tell you why.

Ahh! Thankyou!
I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, I had no idea that Recover All would get rid of the status effects, silly me.

Thank You!