RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Vehicle System

Rep:
Level 87
Das Geisteskrank
This is quite an elaborate request, although I'm pretty sure it's legit 8-) ... Okay, what I need is a vehicle system with the following features:

• Pixel by pixel movement.
  • You can define the size of the car by pixels so you don't go half over walls.
  • When you press up, you don't go super fast you go very slow to slow to normal to fast to very fast.
  • Pressing the right and left button does nothing unless you press the up or down buttons (and of course going backwards is inverted (like a normal car)).

The tricky part is that, I'm not going to provide an 8 directional set of each car. You are provided with one sprite of one car. That's it. Not one for left right up down. Just one. The reason this isn't possible with normal characters is the the graphic changes going left right up down (moving legs, different sides etc). But the car is bird's-eye-view so you only need one graphic. So the thing is when you press up and right at the same time, it will pixel by pixel turn to the right (again like a normal car). I know it's possible because it's done in that shadow script. I'm not asking this whole thing do me done from scratch, it can be based on various other scripts.

Here's a car the system can be based on:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:20:45 AM by Serenade »