RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Best Resolution for Lag-Free Games

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
The last time I tried game maker I made everything in high res and it ended up being laggy crap.  This time, I really want to avoid that (and let people with lousy computers play the game I'm making too)  I was thinking I'd make the game 640 x 480 (like rpg maker xp)  but I'd RATHER make it it 800 x 600.  Any insights/preferences?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:44:38 AM by modern algebra »
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Make it 320x240, then make the game force the resolution on the computer to change. :P

Most sprites are made to work at this size anyway.