RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
?

Rep:
Level 86
what is script sory for asking i'm new :-*
I WILL KICK UR ASS ANYTIME!!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, just to start off, I recommend you make your topic titles a little more descriptive. Second, scripts are well... scripts! They're things written in code (for RMXP, it's called RGSS which is a simplified version of Ruby made for RMXP). It's apparently an easy thing to learn compared to others but it's still hard. :D

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ill just add:

Scripts add extra features to your game.

wtf am i doing in this part of the forum anyway :S

Rep:
Level 87
You can do a whole lot of stuff just through eventing (the fact that earlier versions of RPG Maker didn't have scripting ability but still managed to churn out some pretty good games is proof of that), but scripting opens a lot of new doors.

Start with eventing and learn all you can, and when you find that unable to meet your needs, it might be time to learn a bit of scripting.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Also, with a few lines of eventing, they create as much lag as hundreds or thoundands of lines of code.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
And vice-verse

A few lines of code can create as much lag as hundreds or thousands lines of event commants.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Script Editor on your RM has few examples if you're using RMXP.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
And vice-verse

A few lines of code can create as much lag as hundreds or thousands lines of event commants.
Really? Or are you talking about using the "Wait for Event Completion" command over and over? XD

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Naturally. I thought this was obvious ?_?