RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which was the most badass oldschool Pokemon game?

Poll

Which was the most badass oldschool Pokemon game?

RED version
8 (33.3%)
BLUE version
7 (29.2%)
YELLOW Version
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I agree.  I like some of the new ones but most of them...they could've done without.

I agree.

i think the question here is, DO  YOU LIEKK MUDKIPZ

Actually, Mudkip is one of the few pokemon I like from Hoen.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
i think the question here is, DO  YOU LIEKK MUDKIPZ

No.  Torchic is awesome.  I like ice pokemon better though.  Pikachu's my top favorite though.

I tried going through a game with mudkip...might be because I like martial arts better but I found Blaziken to be the best.  Swampert...just didn't work.  Blaziken can do super-effectives against all three Regis, that came in very handy.

I only liked very few of the Hoenn pokemon...Torchic, Latios/as, Rayquaza, Groudon, and...oh what was...a few others.  Not many. 

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...Did no one notice that Bluexx just posted here, outside of Sword and now myself?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
...Did no one notice that Bluexx just posted here, outside of Sword and now myself?

I noticed, I was wondering why he was back, I thought he like left, then I wondered even more why he has EA.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Because he used to be awesome, duh.

Also, Red Version ftw

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Because he used to be awesome, duh.

For some reason, I can't imagine that...

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
it was before your time youngling

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I feel inclined to tell the tale of the Japanese only green version. Yep, it really exists.

Let me explain some old history... the very first pokemon game to come out was green version. It was in Japan only, and was only available through a special mail order. That game turned out to do alright, so they decided to re-release it as blue version, with many graphics changed, as well as a few other things. blue version became a hit, so they produced red, and sent that one overseas as well, and then yellow version, because of the fans all saying that the games need to be more based off of the television show.

Now let me explain the game color code. You'll notice that in pokemon red version, (if you play it off of a GBC or GBA, but not a regular GB), you'll notice that the little guy on the screen is green, and the background is red.

In pokemon blue version, the little guy you control is red, and the background is blue.

Finally, in pokemon green version, the little guy you control is blue, and the background is green.

So while Blue was just a revamped edition of green, it did have links to it that would suggest that the games are meant to be taken separately.

Interesting, right? I have pokemon green version right here, and some of the pokemon images have them in different poses and stuff than in blue.

But I still voted Blue. Yep, good old. Blue.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I feel inclined to tell the tale of the Japanese only green version. Yep, it really exists.

Let me explain some old history... the very first pokemon game to come out was green version. It was in Japan only, and was only available through a special mail order. That game turned out to do alright, so they decided to re-release it as blue version, with many graphics changed, as well as a few other things. blue version became a hit, so they produced red, and sent that one overseas as well, and then yellow version, because of the fans all saying that the games need to be more based off of the television show.

Now let me explain the game color code. You'll notice that in pokemon red version, (if you play it off of a GBC or GBA, but not a regular GB), you'll notice that the little guy on the screen is green, and the background is red.

In pokemon blue version, the little guy you control is red, and the background is blue.

Finally, in pokemon green version, the little guy you control is blue, and the background is green.

So while Blue was just a revamped edition of green, it did have links to it that would suggest that the games are meant to be taken separately.

Interesting, right? I have pokemon green version right here, and some of the pokemon images have them in different poses and stuff than in blue.

But don't GB's have color palettes that are adjustable and change the color? I think I read that on wikipedia. @.@
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
True, but the color thing for the 3 versions only works on a gameboy color or gameboy advance

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...

A lot of people have played green I should think.
I did. You can get it via emulator.
Which reminds me, does anybody know where to get Ruby and Fire Red via Emulator?
I'm searched almost everywhere.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Captain obvious  ;8, I thought everyone knew that?

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Which reminds me, does anybody know where to get Ruby and Fire Red via Emulator?

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19360.0.html
check for fire red

Rep:
Level 87

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19360.0.html
check for fire red

Got a 404.
Every site I go to either leads me to a vote to get in that doesn't work properly.
Has an insane amount of pop-ups, and even keeps going to a different part of the site.
Or they just took down the ROM for "legal" reasons.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Okay, get firefox, get adblockplus, then got to dohgames.com

If you're too lazy to get firefox and abp, got to emurussia. both of those sites rock, I use them regularly.

Rep:
Level 87

If you're too lazy to get firefox and abp, got to emurussia. both of those sites rock, I use them regularly.

See, I did go to do games.
And when I downloaded them, they didn't work.
And it wasn't the emulator, I used VisualBoy.
Nor my computer, I've played a game on VisualBoy before.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
hmmmm...wonder if tezuka knows what's up with the links I linked to...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

emurussia B)

By far my favorite rom site. Direct downloads, no bullshit.