RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Which was the most badass oldschool Pokemon game?

Poll

Which was the most badass oldschool Pokemon game?

RED version
8 (33.3%)
BLUE version
7 (29.2%)
YELLOW Version
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I've seen it also, it does work.  So does the pokemon duplication in gold, which also duplicates items the pokemon is holding.  Rare candy=HAX.

Yeah, my party in Silver were my two best pokemon, pimped up with great attacks...god, I love that game!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I caught a missing no in my game. The trick never worked again for me. ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I had to restart after the second or so day I caught glitch pokemon like a level 170 Golbat and Missingno.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
True the variety of starters in the others was nice but only having Pikachu made it a bit more fun to play, since you needed to build up a good team before really doing anything, making it a bit more engaging and personal.  The others...you could just go ahead with bulbasaur or squirtle right through the first 2-3 gyms with hardly any other pokemon.
ur bad at pokemon
how so?  my first time playing through any pokemon game I only whited out once...it was against a poison trainer that I wasn't ready for (I was training low-level pokemon on cycle road and he spotted me as I tried to edge around him; Pikachu was already low on health)  I should've taken him out beforehand but I had forgotten about him at the moment.

@arkbennett--do you mean wobbuffet? or substitute?
The purpose of Pokemon is to catch them all, not rush through gyms with one pokemon. And it is just as easy going through the first few gyms (the whole game, probably) with a single pokemon in Yellow as it is in Blue/Red.

Probably easier.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
@chewey
you call that being bad in a game?  When I've gotten as far as I can in a game and I restart it after a while, I just go through it and not try to do much.  For me it was harder in yellow to just run through as fast as I could, but that's probably the way I play; every trainer has their own style, therefore different things happen.

I remembered last night that I left something out of the Glitch City glitch: After flying to Cinnabar you have to surf along that eastern shore, same as with Missingno, but this time the glitch isn't a pokemon.  You're counting down steps like in the safari zone (since flying out after saying "no" apparently sets the countdown for anywhere you go).  When you're "time" is up you'll hear the Ding-Dong and be taken back to the Safari Zone, but from there everything's messed up.

And on the missingno topic, I believe there are a few vids on YouTube, I was gonna post them last night but I was having too much fun finally getting to play my GameCube via my computer. 

(stupid) Question: would a pokemon yellow ROM have the same glitches as the game?  (well duh, probably yeah)

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
(stupid) Question: would a pokemon yellow ROM have the same glitches as the game?  (well duh, probably yeah)

Yeah, unless, like someone modded the rom. (which would probably be hard...very...?)

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
@chewey
you call that being bad in a game?
No. I call being bad at a game.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I never tried to catch them all... most times I would get 20 - 25
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
lol after my first play-through and getting pretty much all that could be gotten in Yellow my maximum count for catches after that was...I think 45.  I only caught the ones I liked.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
lawl bad at pokemans

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I used to play Red when I was 12, and played Silver and Gold on Japanese on my GB room.

I had all pokemons on Red exept Mew and Missingno. But I liked yellow. Don't play pokemon at all anymore, since I think Im to old to play them.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
whatever, chewey, think what you want but i'm not bad at pokemon.  I play how I want.  That's all. 

I heard somewhere online that, in Yellow, talking to the old man that starts the missingno glitch and then going into Mewtwo's cave, without running into any pokemon, either gets you Yoshi or a skeletal version of Mewtwo when you fight him...I don't think it's true but is it?

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

I had to restart after the second or so day I caught glitch pokemon like a level 170 Golbat and Missingno.

for me it was 200 snorlax and weezings oh i found a charzard once

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
That bug destroyed all challenge in Pokemon :P

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Hmm i had a level 256 rydon, so the different names, turn it into different Pokemon due to the hexadecimal system. also i caught like 20 missingo's, my games wrecked.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
i gotta get myself yellow again...

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Just to clarify, Missingno does NOT work in Yellow version?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Somehow, I own all of those games, right now. I just can't find them

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I don't see why people would play the new pokemon games. Yeah they are good games but that number of pokemon is ridiculous. I stopped after Crystal and I am glad I never went back.

But; a little more on topic

The answer is RED.

RED AND ONLY RED.

That and all the fake ones like Hot Pink and Black.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Silver Version and Leaf Green are my favorites.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Anyone who believes in more then 150 pokemon FAIL.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 91
Well I started out with red, and to be honest ... I don't recall blue and red being any different...
I didn't like yellow for that pikachu thing though.. (he was annoying)
So I'll go with blue, because blue= good obviously...
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Anyone who believes in more then 150 pokemon FAIL.

some of the  new ones the should have thought of b4 but some are the stupidest

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I agree.  I like some of the new ones but most of them...they could've done without.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
i think the question here is, DO  YOU LIEKK MUDKIPZ

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p