RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Zephyr's Cave

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Hiya.
I made this one game on Rmxp.Onnuke, a deceased forum I was at. It was made for an eventing contest.
I think I did a pretty good job, it's about a man named Zero, and his quest to find treasure in Zepyhr's Cave with two others.
The rules stated that it could only be 6 maps big, and have mini-games, a plot, and no scripting whatsover.
A pretty niffty event contest.

It features a steal system, Custom Menu System, Catapiller Script, Easter Eggs, 2 possible endings, and more.
I hope you take the time to play it, it's a simple 9 Mb, about 10-30 minutes long and for the Rpg Maker Xp.

Zephyr's Cave

I would screenshots, but I'm kind of lazy.  :P
Besides, if I posted Screenshots, what would be the point in playing if you know what the features look like?
P.S: I'm aware there are some glitchs, I went back and played it once and found a handful. But I don't have anymore plans to fix them.

Hope you enjoy!

Screenies - (Because some people ASK nicely)

Breathe taking realizm...

Amazingly sexy, original, and innovative graphics...

Drug deals behinds houses...

100% working CMS made by events...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:14:34 PM by Arkbennett »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
You do realize most people won't bother to download a game unless you post screenshots, right?

Rep:
Level 87
Trust me, I know more that more than you think.
The only reason I posted this is because somebody needed to see it.
So I figured while I was at it...

But, now that you know not many people will play it because of the lack of screenshots.
Why don't you play it and got against the flow, be a rebel.  :lol:
Just kidding, you don't half to play.

Rep:
Level 91
If you're afraid to post screenshots, then I think it's safe to assume this game is n00b crap :P

Rep:
Level 87
Now that's just plain rude, but you can't coax me into making some.  :P
You crap n00bs.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ok, first of -, =http isn't legal, check your link
second - the file is missing
third - you are being really stupid right now.  Since you refuse to post them, people will assume that it means that your mapping is crap and that the game is not worth playing.
fourth -falcon is the last person you should be calling a noob.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
fifth: No One would like to play a game with lots of glitches and bugs. (lol)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
sixth - needs moar screenshots

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Seventh - stop complaining and download if you want to download it >8U
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
eighth - why the hell is this in finished projects if it doesn't even meet the requirements for projects/games

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If you're afraid to post screenshots, then I think it's safe to assume this game is n00b crap :P

No, Falcon was rude. That comment was out of line, nothing more than flame.

third - you are being really stupid right now.  Since you refuse to post them, people will assume that it means that your mapping is crap and that the game is not worth playing.
fourth -falcon is the last person you should be calling a noob.

3 is wrong for the same reasons as Falcon was, 4 is yes-man behavior, and while there is no rule against it I feel I must mention that is looked down upon by the more intelligent members of our community, and is not befitting of a decent member and contributor.

sixth - needs moar screenshots

Spam, plain and simple.

eighth - why the hell is this in finished projects if it doesn't even meet the requirements for projects/games

Agreement. Moving post haste, if you haven't already.

EDIT: And you have. :P

Rep:
Level 91
We're looked down upon? When I used fucking 10 times in one post DS complimented me....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:36:29 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I'd play it if there was a working link. 

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
me too.

We're looked down upon? When I used fucking 10 times in one lost DS complimented me....
lol

Rep:
Level 96
...what does excessive use of foul language have to do with anything I said? I said, "yes-man" behavior.

Rep:
Level 91
I thought you said flaming was looked down upon, and I do flame a lot, so I would be looked down upon XD

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
meh, I wasn't going to say anything, but while it's there I'm pretty much with Arrow. Most of the posts in this thread should not have been made in the first place. Now that the thread has been moved to the correct forum, screenshots are not required. The lack thereof is hardly indicative of the quality of the game, so judgments based upon such are quite unnecessary. Don't make some proclamation about how "n00b crap" it is unless you've played the game.

Rep:
Level 96
I thought you said flaming was looked down upon, and I do flame a lot, so I would be looked down upon XD

While it was inappropriate here maybe, I doubt we can all avoid flaming forever. ;8 We are human.

Rep:
Level 91
I'll call things crap as much as I want, I'm entitiled to my opinion! Seriously though, if we ask for screenshots and he doesn't post them, I don't think I'm the only one thinking...."why, perhaps he has a reason for not posting them!"

Rep:
Level 96
     Yes, however: Comments like that can easily be stated in a noninflammatory manner, and when they aren't they do nothing but anger the party in question, and serve to close their ears to your opinions. Plus, as a general rule of thumb, "It's crap" (Or insinuating that it might be) has never been an opinion. You're perfectly free to think these things, but when as you said, you probably aren't the only one who thinks of a matter in a certain way, its best to assume said statement is taken as being obvious, and refrain from posting it.

Rep:
Level 87

No, I just don't feel like posting picture. And if they think that, so be it, like I said, I posted this for somebody to see and thought "what the hell".

Fixed, sorry.  :lol:

fifth: No One would like to play a game with lots of glitches and bugs. (lol)
Just only a few, you wouldn't notice many of them through the first play through.
Stay away from cornors.

idk, because it has credits at the end?

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
Pfft. I'm already stuck. I don't get Legion's Contest. I press Enter or the C button, and I still can't win.

Rep:
Level 87
Your proabably still lvl:1.
Your not gonna win that way.

I think you gotta be lvl:3 to win.

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
Ah... Okay, thank you.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Arkbennett - Are you the same Arkbennett who is really good at scripting ?

If so I would like to hope your game is fairly good if not amazing... But at the mo I have little time to test it... Would you mind putting up some in game shots ?

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 87
I'm the only Arkbennett in existence.
To make sure, I just googled myself.  ;8
Nobody else came up but me.

But you were here LandofShadows when I left.
Your probably thinking of that Alchemy Script I was making for Shigo when I left. Another buddy and I were learning how to script together, but eventually I just gave up, lacking of learning resources. (I had the crappy help file)

And I'll post some screenies, just because you asked nicely.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Crappy help file? No way. That's all I learned scripting from :P Well, now I have Zeriab, but it's still a great reference. I'm looking forward to seeing the game. My download keeps failing :(

EDIT:

That was quite good. Event-based CMS was nice, though the save function appears not to work, as it did not for me. I only got into the cave before stopping, but I enjoyed the puzzle to get in. It seems quite a nice game. Once, though, the text did not show up for me on the CMS, and I disliked the font. The Steal skill was good. I take it that it was a common event, and quite a nice one. Worked quite flawlessly from what I could see. I did experience some lag at times, and the caterpillar suffered from solid party members (i.e. you could get stuck if you walked into a corner). All in all, it was good.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:30:25 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
You have some grammar and spelling issues in your screens, but I like what I see!

Rep:
Level 87
Crappy help file? No way. That's all I learned scripting from :P Well, now I have Zeriab, but it's still a great reference. I'm looking forward to seeing the game. My download keeps failing :(

EDIT:

That was quite good. Event-based CMS was nice, though the save function appears not to work, as it did not for me. I only got into the cave before stopping, but I enjoyed the puzzle to get in. It seems quite a nice game. Once, though, the text did not show up for me on the CMS, and I disliked the font. The Steal skill was good. I take it that it was a common event, and quite a nice one. Worked quite flawlessly from what I could see. I did experience some lag at times, and the caterpillar suffered from solid party members (i.e. you could get stuck if you walked into a corner). All in all, it was good.

Thanks, as far as the save function; it works, but only at a save point. There was one in the Inn and one inside the Cave.
Yeah, the text is one of the glitchs I'm talking about, it happes when you go to the item/equipment menu and then return to the main menu. Once you leave the main menu and it reloads, it works fine.

Yeah, I don't like that about the catapiller script either.

Thanks for playing!  :D

You have some grammar and spelling issues in your screens, but I like what I see!
Thanks!

Rep:
Level 97

EDIT:

Thanks, as far as the save function; it works, but only at a save point. There was one in the Inn and one inside the Cave.
Yeah, the text is one of the glitchs I'm talking about, it happes when you go to the item/equipment menu and then return to the main menu. Once you leave the main menu and it reloads, it works fine.

Yeah, I don't like that about the catapiller script either.

Thanks for playing!  :D

Thanks!

I tried the save points, they didn't work though :(

Rep:
Level 87
Make sure your on the circle, you know how those big charactersets are.
A message should pop up telling you that you can save.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Quick question. Why does it start a program when you  select "Read to march guys?". My firewall picked it up and apparently it was trying to modify a file.  :(

And then the game crashes...

I turned my firewall off, it still crashes.

Rep:
Level 87
Quick question. Why does it start a program when you  select "Read to march guys?". My firewall picked it up and apparently it was trying to modify a file.  :(

And then the game crashes...

I turned my firewall off, it still crashes.

That's funny, thats' the first message in the whole game.
idk what to tell you about that.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Funny indeed.

I turned my firewall off and it crashes when you reply with "Ready to march guys?" and "...", when I choose the second option he'll move to the sign then it will crash.

Rep:
Level 97

The message popped up, but I still couldn't save ;'(

Rep:
Level 87

The message popped up, but I still couldn't save ;'(

Just tested it, the save works fine.
Make sure you aren't moving from that square.
Once you do, it's disabled again.