RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Ten Questions... [RPGXP]

Rep:
Level 86
*Jams out to some serious tunes*
Okay so I need help with a lot of things...

1. How to make a nice intro
2. Make it so that there's only one player to start off with
3. Different start up screen
4. I can't make sprites.. Can someone do that for me?
5. Different Menu Layout
6. Different Menu Skin
7. How do you use scripts?
8. How do I make it so that it's like Final Fantasy turn based battles?
9. How do I change the command buttons(Like B is one button, A is another, then start and so on...)?
10. How do I make good cutscenes? I can't seem to even make one...

Edit: Oh and also I need to know how to create good battles with People and how to make it so some people block the way into places...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:37:06 PM by Zeriab »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
1. Use the fucking search tool
2. Use the fucking search tool
3. Use the fucking search tool
4. Use the fucking search tool
5. Use the fucking search tool
6. Use the fucking search tool
7. Use the fucking search tool
8. Use the fucking search tool
9. Use the fucking search tool
10. Use the fucking search tool

Seriously, their are tutorials for most of that stuff. Check the tutorials database, then check hbgames.org later.

Rep:
Level 86
I looked around but didn't see any topics that had information in a way I could understand it.

Rep:
Level 91
Then RMXP clearly isn't for you.

Rep:
Level 86
All I wanted to know is how to do stuff without freaking scripts for everything... Geeze I can't even make battle encounters yet!!! I'm still in the process of making towns... v.v

And it clearly is for me seeing as I have fun while i'm trying to make my RPG that really sucks butt right now.
Edit: Oh, but I want to create a game, but GM isn't for me at all seeing as simple mode on that is too advanced for me to figure out..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 07:43:56 PM by Inunah »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
The questions you asked are very, very easy to figure out. You do not need a script for everything.  Most of the things you asked for are in the Database, if you can even find that. If you cannot understand a simple tutorial, then, as Falcon stated, RMXP is not for you.

Also, if you looked in the fucking tutorials section, you wouldn't be asking such useless questions. Here is a tutorial for beginners: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,762.0.html

Next time,  use common sense before asking easy questions like this.

Sorry for the flaming, but seriously.

Rep:
Level 86
I already looked in tutorials.. I've read them all, and I don't understand them.

It's all because nobody's made a tutorial I can understand...

*Sigh* Maybe someone should start making tutorials for blondes... :(

Oh and that link links to something that has too many words. I understand everything up to scripts then that's where I blank out and stop reading because there's too much explanation to it all and I can't understand... Although, if there wasn't any explanation I wouldn't understand either..

Reading tutorials is a fack.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
You can't understand that tutorial?I thought dumb blondes were just a stereotype, but apparently not. If you can't even understand Constance's tutorial, then truly, RMXP is not for you.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
1. Use the fucking search tool
2. Use the fucking search tool
3. Use the fucking search tool
4. Use the fucking search tool
5. Use the fucking search tool
6. Use the fucking search tool
7. Use the fucking search tool
8. Use the fucking search tool
9. Use the fucking search tool
10. Use the fucking search tool

Seriously, their are tutorials for most of that stuff. Check the tutorials database, then check hbgames.org later.

I now love you Falcon ;-;

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
God damnit Saucy, fix my title  :mad:

Rep:
Level 86
You can't understand that tutorial?I thought dumb blondes were just a stereotype, but apparently not. If you can't even understand Constance's tutorial, then truly, RMXP is not for you.

Well I want to create a game... And RMXP is a whole lot easier than Game Maker(I can't even make a person be on the screen in the game on that one) so it must definitely be for me since I understand everything except scripting... And doing whatever I mentioned when I posted the topic.. And Making custom anything for the game.... And Making stores and inns.. And making the game multilingual without knowing more than 1 language... And other stuff..

On another note, talking to people who flame me makes me want to go facking hit someone right now.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
If you can do all that, then you can surely do the questions you asked.

Rep:
Level 86
If you can do all that, then you can surely do the questions you asked.

Nope, I tried already starting with cutscenes. Every time I tried making a cutscene it would repeat it over and over and over even when I tried to get out of it.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
*sigh* Tell me which questions you've accomplished and which ones you haven't, and then I'll help you.

Rep:
Level 86
Uh... I haven't accomplished any of them...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

2 and 6 Answered, Anything else?

Rep:
Level 86

2 and 6 Answered, Anything else?

Still don't get it...

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
1. To long to explain

2. Go into Tools > Database, then click the 'System' tab, then right-click the three other party members in the list on the left and click 'Delete'.

3.Get a new Title Graphic (Resource Forum)

4. Resource Section, tonnes in there.

5. Change the windowskin, all of this is under System. Look in the Resource forum for it.

6. Same as 5

7.A bit to complicated for you.

8.Scripts >_> look in the Scripts forum, they come with instructions.

9.Press F1 ingame.

10.TUTORIALS!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
What  Firerain said...

Click in your RPGXP were I have marked and follow Firerain's Instructions....

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Looks like this is over kill by now, but hey already written >_>

Okay so I need help with a lot of things...

1. How to make a nice intro

That's really like asking someone to teach you how to paint, something that can't be done in a single post. We have a teacher/student program *somewhere* which is what I would suggest if you can find someone to help you.

2. Make it so that there's only one player to start off with

Go into Database then system and you will see something like 'starting party', right click to add/remove.

3. Different start up screen

Again in the system area.

4. I can't make sprites.. Can someone do that for me?

Yes, you could  request them in the resource area, but I highly recommend becoming familiar with the community first and perhaps make a topic about your game in the project section.

5. Different Menu Layout
6. Different Menu Skin

System.

7. How do you use scripts?

Copy/paste or learn with the tutorials/teacher system.

8. How do I make it so that it's like Final Fantasy turn based battles?

Look in the script area for the proper battle style. Not sure which or where, but there's an index topic stickied.

9. How do I change the command buttons(Like B is one button, A is another, then start and so on...)?

F1

10. How do I make good cutscenes? I can't seem to even make one...

Practice, tutorials.

Edit: Oh and also I need to know how to create good battles with People and how to make it so some people block the way into places...

Not sure what you mean with that one, but I'm assuming the above is applicable.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
If she/he doesn't get it now, I'm going to shoot myself.

*Cocks gun*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:07:31 PM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 86
1. To long to explain

2. Go into Tools > Database, then click the 'System' tab, then right-click the three other party members in the list on the left and click 'Delete'.

3.Get a new Title Graphic (Resource Forum)

4. Resource Section, tonnes in there.

5. Change the windowskin, all of this is under System. Look in the Resource forum for it.

6. Same as 5

7.A bit to complicated for you.

8.Scripts >_> look in the Scripts forum, they come with instructions.

9.Press F1 ingame.

10.TUTORIALS!

Oh now I get it... Mostly..

Oh and i'm a she. Not a she/he. Just a she. lol

Oh and about posting a topic about my game... Eh, it doesn't meet requirements yet. It has no story(Yeah i'm crazy enough to make a game before I make the story... But it's based off of InuYasha, there's no story you need to know, right?), it has no screenshots(All places are beta and I'll only release screenshots of final version places), it has no demo(I'm not releasing a demo that sucks butt), and I have yet to even have more than nine places...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:15:17 PM by Inunah »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Don't base it up from Something!!!!

Make Something Original!!!

And I can't believe we just wasted time in this  G'rrr ;____;

lol, If ya want sprites, start the way as Saucy said, and for more support/Help, do the same said by Saucy.

Rep:
Level 86
If I don't base it off of something then I have no ideas for a game.. Basically..

Also <.< >.> Why'd my game freeze up when I tried to open custom music in it? All it was was a dumb MP3... Or can it only open Midis?

Rep:
Level 91
If you want help, see if you can find the Student Teacher thingy. Since you probably won't get this stuff by reading tutorials, you're going to need stuff to spelled out for you.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, but I searched student teacher in the search thing. It came up with results that had nothing to do with it.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
If you want help, see if you can find the Student Teacher thingy. Since you probably won't get this stuff by reading tutorials, you're going to need stuff to spelled out for you.
Lawl.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, but I searched student teacher in the search thing. It came up with results that had nothing to do with it.
Then you're obviously pretty ignorant when it comes to searching.
http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=search2

Rep:
Level 86
Woops I forgot to click advanced search my bad. lol

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Quote from: Inunah
~I'm blonde. Anyone know what that means?
~It means you're as dumb as a sack of potatoes?
~Yes, Jimmy, it means i'm as dumb as a sack of potatoes..

I'm blond, and I'm nowhere near as dumb as you.

And as for your questions, they've all been answered countless times before, if you can't even figure out the search feature you're pretty much fucked.  I would say don't take what we're saying to heart, but I'd be lying. ;o

Oh, and I don't even think the "student teacher thingy" is still active, though I could be wrong.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You don't have to hit advanced search.

Rep:
Level 86
You don't have to hit advanced search.
If I didn't click advanced search, it wouldn'tve given me any results or it would've given me results not even close to the search.

Rep:
Level 91
No, you do need advanced search, I tried it, nothing comes up.

The Student Teacher Org should be active, but we all know it's just sucked since I gave it to Nouman ;)

Rep:
Level 86

The Student Teacher Org should be active, but we all know it's just sucked since I gave it to Nouman ;)

Eh..

But i'm a lost cause, It asked what field the teacher should be in.. I said ALL

Rep:
Level 102

Are you searching from the main page? If you search in a topic, it will search the topic.

Rep:
Level 86

Are you searching from the main page? If you search in a topic, it will search the topic.
I dunno.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
You guys stop been Babies and at least link dammit  :mad: and of course, use the Search Button..SPAAAAAAAARTA!!!

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,15282.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
You guys stop been Babies and at least link dammit  :mad: and of course, use the Search Button..SPAAAAAAAARTA!!!

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,15282.0.html
I already did. And nobody's replied to be my teacher yet.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
You be patient, it takes time ti'll they connect, at the moment, why don't you try and play around/mess with the Program, maybe you can start learning some stuff.

That's the way I learned...

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
questions answered and this is getting spammy/flammy~