RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How do I make something different happen when hero loses a battle. (XP)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
In RPG Maker XP when the characters die in a random battle you get gameover.  I don't want this to happen, I am trying to make the characters reappear somewhere else, fully recovered and some of their money or items missing.  I know how to do this on RM2k3 but in looking around the XP version I can't find how I am to do that.  Can someone please help me if you know how.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Well one way would be...

Go into system and click monster group.

click a group or monster.

See the big blank white space with the <> ?

Right click in the box and many event commands will appear.

Use conditional branch then click on page 2

Click status and use death.

Thats that part done.

Should look like this (using Arshes as a example)

<>Conditional Branch: Hero [Arshes] [Death] status
     <>
:    Else Handler
     <>
:    End
<>

Right now under <>Conditional Branch: Hero [Arshes] [Death] status
Click the <>
another load of event buttons will apper, click teleport (tele where ever)  [Or you can use End Battle]
then under that bring up the buttons and click change money [to what ever]
same with items.

<>Conditional Branch: Hero [Arshes] [Death] status
     <>Teleport: [001: Map001], (000,000)
     <>Change Money: - 100
     <>Change Items: [Potions] - 1
     <> Complete Healing: Entire Party
     <>
:    Else Handler
     <>
:    End
<>

This is pretty much it, although your going to have to do this for every monster group and party member.

Hoped this helped

~Be Cool~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Also, if you aren't using Random Encounters, you can switch the COntinue when loser Handler.

If you are using random encounters, what ShadowOD posted would work, though you will have to make it so that all heroes have to be dead, and specifically only the heroes in your party.

Another way to do it would be to use my little scriptlet, found here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19978.0.html

What it does is calls a common event when you lose a battle. You can choose which common event it calls. Then, just put the event ShadowOD posted inside that common event, like this:

<>Teleport: [001: Map001], (000,000)
     <>Change Money: - 100
     <>Change Items: [Potions] - 1
     <>Complete Healing: Entire Party

Rep:
Level 86
one question wit the scripy what if u want them to go to the nearest inn
Bleach is bangin

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
First off, use some grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Second, that'd be kinda cheap because you could die exactly half-way to an inn and then you'd be sent forward as little as 1 map to as much as 10 maps ahead.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Inferno- When the Character goes to an inn set some variables; Map, X coord, Y coord, to the position of the inn and when they died teleport them to the variables Map, X coord and Y coord.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, if you wanted to, then just every time the party enters an inn, set a variable to the Map ID of that inn, and then you could place in the common event a teleport event to the inn.

Rep:
Level 86
aaaah,(took that dudez advize kinda...z habit type of thing...myspace...

im such z noob
Bleach is bangin