RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cooking

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
How good are you at it? I can cook a basic meal for myself but when I have to cook for more than one person I screw up the portions and end up making too much or too little. Also, I hate cooking for other people when they could make their own damn food. They have hands, don't they?

Anyway, I need help making plain white rice. My dad is best at this, but he's also pretty lazy and won't give me anything more than the vaguest instructions. There are onions and garlic involved, but I don't know how he puts it all together. I follow the instructions on the back of the bag and it comes out edible, but unflavorful. Does anyone have any advice?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:14:08 PM by Saladin »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I dunno much about making that, but it;s something to do with adding water and heating it.
I don't cook stuff, as in, turn raw material into usable and edible resources.
Arlen is hot.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
Thanks for that.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I normally cook everyday. Since Im doing the dinner, because either my father is working, and my mum is resting, since she's still sick.

I know how to do Spagetti Bolognese, Hot Dog, Pancakes and stuff like that, and I sometime enjoy to do it, but it would be so much better, if my sister and my brother helped me with the cooking. :(

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I can make food fairly well...eggs, cakes, brownies, cookies, spaghetti and other pastas, rice...sometimes a pizza, not very often though...if given the recipe I could cook quite a few things, I'm good at following recipes (and sometimes adding my own touch, like a tiny bit of Dinosaur BBQ sauce or something if it's a meat dish)

I like to experiment as well.  My friend has been converted to the Baloney-Marshmallow Fluff sandwich.  It was funny...I suggested it to him, so he humored me and made one. Before he took a bite he says "If this tastes like crap I'll punch you" (and HOLY **** he's got an arm), so he takes a bite and says "damn you, I can't punch you now...this is good!"  So i still have full use of my arm...

I sometimes make myself an egg (omelette) sandwich stacked with any lunchmeat and/or veggie I can find in the fridge...I also throw together my own soups in winter, usually with leftover chicken or beef, sometimes I do the cheap way and use the storebought boullion...usually add macaroni, quartered angelhair spaghetti pieces, carrots, celery...good stuff. 

****, now I'm hungry. 

If you want, Saladin, I could possibly tell how to cook rice...

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm good at following recipes (and sometimes adding my own touch, like a tiny bit of Dinosaur BBQ sauce or something if it's a meat dish)

Where do you live? I haven't heard of Dinosaur BBQ being available anywhere but Syracuse.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I lived in Syracuse :P

Then we moved about two hours away this summer.  We're planning on picking up more DBBQ when we go back to visit peoples.  good stuff. 

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
I can cook some complex meals, but mostly I cook italian! yay
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
mmmmmmm...italian....

Some italian sausages make me sick but other than that Italian is good stuff.  I like foreign foods, so long as they don't make me sick after consuming them. 

The only really foreign dish I know how to make is authentic recipe Belgian waffles...not the out-of-the-box generic flour-and-water "Belgian" waffles you order in restaraunts....no, I'm talkin' the REAL thing.  My grandparents are Belgian.  Long process to prepare but VERY good results...yum...

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I can make a few things. Not a ton, but a few.