RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Demonheart's Mapping Tutorials for RPGXP : Inn Interiors

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Zone Of The End
Made in a similair fashion as Dwarras Mapping Tutorials for RPGXP : House and Cave Interiors. I see a lot of games where the Inn interior is either neglected or dead boring. So I came up with a idea featuering my own Inn for Town 1 XD.

This Inn features 2 Floors and is rather large (at first glance)

What layer serve what purpose?

The First Layer

The first layer is used for the floor, walls and roof.

The Second Layer

This layer is used for putting some detail in your Inn, like couches, decorations, windows, desks, closets and of course blankets (not beds).

The Third Layer

This layer is used for finer details, like putting stuff on top of the registration desk and beds

The Event Layer

This layer is not for mapping, but for making events like NPC's (Innkeeper, miads and guests), doors and teleporation between the maps.

[Step 1 : Making your map]

Okay, to start off with make a map 78x42 called "Inn" (XD) and select the Castle Town Interior tileset

[Step 2 : Creating the Inn Entrance Hall]

Okay, we start off with the first layer by building a stone floor, carpets, walls and ceiling.

That empty space can be used for a bathroom, dining room or a store room which you can decorate yourself.

[Step 3 : Decorating the Inn Entrance Hall]

Okay, start using the second layer for decorating the Inn with benches, a huge desk, and several wall decorations (since the entrance must "greet and welcome" a guest.

Use this fase to decorate that empty space if you plan to use it, or just leave it empty and let the players wonder what secrets lie beyond.

[Step 4 : Detailing the Inn Registration Desk]

Okay, now start using the Third Layer and begin adding books, registration paper and drinks to the desk. That way guests will now its the desk to sign up and make them feel that the Inn is high class.

[Step 5 : Populating the Inn Entrance]

Okay, moving on to the Event Layer. Add a Innkeeper Event NPC behind a desk, also add a door event behind the Innkeeper. Also add some random NPC who will be the guests and 1 or 2 maids. Also don't forget to add a teleport even on the top of the stairs.

[Step 6 : Making your Second Floor Map]

Okay, to start off with make a map 78x42 called "Inn 2F" (XD) and select the Castle Town Interior tileset. Preferably make it as a sub-map of "Inn".

[Step 7 : Creating the Inn Second Floor]

Okay, we start off with the first layer by building a wood floor, carpets, walls and ceiling.

[Step 8 : Decorating the Inn Second Floor]

Okay, start using the second layer for decorating the Inn Second Floor with windows, wall decorations, tables, closets and blankets (not beds)

[Step 9 : Detailing the Inn Second Floor]

Okay, now start using the Third Layer and begin adding beds(make sure you overlap your 2L blankets, also maybe a teddybear or 2.

[Step 10 : Populating the Inn Second Floor]

Okay, moving on to the Event Layer. Add some maids, guests and doors. Also very important is to add a teleport point at the center of the stairs.

[Step 11 :Finishing Touches]

Now make sure that the teleport points are correctly configured by setting it to Hero Touch and teleporting the player at least 3 squares away from the other area Teleport Event. Also add some dialogue to the NPC's, some background music and off course linking the Inn entrance to your own world.
I don't prove anything to anyone!

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Looks great! Are though the first floor looks like a strip club to me(?)

Rep:
Level 89
Quick question...is than an inn or a hotel? Everything is way too spaced out and virtually the exact same.  :O_o:

Rep:
Level 89
Pretty good! Most helpful!
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Zone Of The End
It is a Inn that also can be used as a hotel, you can copy your Inn and paste it in different towns and making it a succesfull Inn Branch.

That is what I did, I copied this Inn 3 times and placing 1 in every city I made (which is 3 in total).

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Well,it pretty good,but in the rooms there are stools on top of the tables.
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

Zone Of The End
Its a preview bug, if you start up the game then the stools will display properly under the table

Rep:
Level 90
Hmmm... why make it so... BIG! Its more like a hotel. Also I do not like the enterance, it is going over the ceiling autotile!
It is also very repetitive, a sword in between every window? and the some funny straw things on every pillar, just makes it look tacky!
But apart from that your mapping isn't so bad, could be better, but overall, not bad.

Rep:
Level 91
big empty spaces
too big empty spaces

if you were here when people bothered commenting maps you would get
"omfg more details"

such emptiness at some spots...

and it seriously is too big

copy pasting an inn btw is a big mistake, it's like the creator didn't bother doing anything new, lowers the game quality of course.

did i say it's empty already?
big... empty.... big...

and that room with the 8 beds...
is that the "i am too poor to stay here" room?
or the "how it would look like if the only things i could put in an inn are beds"

don't get me wrong i am not good at mapping either
but honestly that's just not a tutorial i would use =\

no offense...
holy shit my sig was big!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Although mapping isn't my strong point, that inn is a little too big.

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: blueXx

or the "how it would look like if the only things i could put in an inn are beds"

OMG! ROFL! That was one of the funniest comments I've ever heard  :lol:

Quote from: blueXx
big empty spaces
too big empty spaces

if you were here when people bothered commenting maps you would get
"omfg more details"

such emptiness at some spots...

and it seriously is too big

copy pasting an inn btw is a big mistake, it's like the creator didn't bother doing anything new, lowers the game quality of course.

did i say it's empty already?
big... empty.... big...

don't get me wrong i am not good at mapping either
but honestly that's just not a tutorial i would use =\

no offense...

I guess you didn't bother to read the "Add some finishing touches" Part now did you?

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Mental

I guess you didn't bother to read the "Add some finishing touches" Part now did you?

[Step 11 :Finishing Touches]

Now make sure that the teleport points are correctly configured by setting it to Hero Touch and teleporting the player at least 3 squares away from the other area Teleport Event. Also add some dialogue to the NPC's, some background music and off course linking the Inn entrance to your own world.

i guess you proved again that you are an idiot mental, didn't you?

No i didn't and i would like to know,How the hell did i prove im an idiot?And im actually using this hotel for my game unlike you.

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Mental
No i didn't and i would like to know,How the hell did i prove im an idiot?And im actually using this hotel for my game unlike you.

and the question again..?
lol
i guess it's just for the sake of balance that some are wise and others are... lol

one thing is for sure, you really are slowly but strongly becoming the new blaze, as dumb as ever but with new skills like being drugged gay and listen to crap music

Rep:
Level 90
... :shock:  Sensless fail? Has anyone actually heard of that band?

Anyway Mental is begginning to be the new Blaze. Lol heck, mayby Blaze will come back acting like a normal person or something XD!

Senses Fail..Isn't popular. They have THOUSANDS of fans.Compared the system of a down and green day and all those popular bands.. That is like an action figure and a baby
Senses fail is the action figure and the baby is the popular bands.
I met them FACE TO FACE. Thats how i know of them.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Stay on topic! ><
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I'll try to get this back on topic. Okay this pretty decent tut.  The only thing that could be nit picked on the maps is that for an inn they are slightly too big. They look good, but if they were smaller they'd be execelent.

I hope this helps get this back on topic.