RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Dynamic Sound Effects (Event System)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Preface: this is the type of event system better done with scripts. But I feel the Event Systems Database needs some beefing up, and so I made it this way first. I may, in the future, write the scripting version, and it would be better. This is a very old system I wrote. All I did recently was convert it into a plug n' play. It still is not optimized

Okay, this event system essentially allows you to set a rectangular area in a map to "emit" a sound. In other words, the closer you get to that area, the louder it is. It is plug n' play, so all you need to do is copy the event from the demo and paste it into your game, then enter the appropriate data for the respective map. This is what the setup looks like:

Basically, you set the Upper Left X and Y to be the upper left corner of the sound emitting device (in this case a waterfall), and set the height and width to be the height (how many squares it encompasses vertically) and width (how many squares it encompasses horizontally) of this object. Then, edit the range to be the number of squares you want to be away from the sound before you start to hear it. Then, you will have to go down the page and find this part:

Change all the places where it says Play BGS: Waterfall with the BGS you want the object to play. And then it should work. And remember to turn off the switch [201: Initialized] when you exit the map, and also set variables 201-209 to 0.

I'm sorry for the map which is difficult to move around in and has errors. I made that quickly to revive the screenshot thread. Also, tell me if it lags, I took some precautions, but it still might lag and I'd like to know so I can fix it.

The Demo is attached and the event is on the top row of the grid, first column. i.e. (0,0)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:18:13 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, This si what I want. But i'd love to see a full scripted version.

I'll work with this for now, thanks again.
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If you are still around, pliio8, the script is here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20546.0.html

Enjoy it.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
if I get what you mean, this is like kokiri's forest bgm? haha sweet xD nice one Modern!
loll sorry for the comparaison, but this is a great example  ;D
this is some perfect example with ''what to do with the variables without beeing too complicated''
i like how we can create the infinity with the limited..
Spoiler for:
if you get what i mean :-\ ??? :-\
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:10:27 AM by HolyQuebec »