RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Important Rule Changes *Please Read*

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
There have been a lot of problems circulating around the forums and its time to correct them. I feel there is a lack of community within this community and I believe it is my duty to correct this. From this point forward:

1. There will be absolutely NO flaming. Flaming will result in an immediate one week ban. What 'is' and 'is not' constructional criticism is at my discretion.

2. The guilds will both be closed and all topics moved to separate forums for reference for those who do not wish to lose their work. One new guild will be created and will be a community effort. I feel this is the only way we will actually be able to come together as a community.

Feel free to post your comment and or PM me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:48:12 AM by Crankeye »

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Rep:
Level 89
Check your PM

Rep:
Level 91
1. ok now you took away all the fun i had here,  been nice, cya
oh wait... that's right crank you aren't even on more than once a month ~,~
how do you suppose you can stand behind such a rule then?

2. if there will be 1 guild why is it even a guild?
it's just as if you made a new section got a shiny title on it and told people to work together
they can't.

if you think 2-3 will fail, don't bother starting 1 cause on it's own it's just as if you did nothing at all.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
The Return of Mandy
Quote from: blueXx
1. ok now you took away all the fun i had here,  been nice, cya
oh wait... that's right crank you aren't even on more than once a month ~,~
how do you suppose you can stand behind such a rule then?

2. if there will be 1 guild why is it even a guild?
it's just as if you made a new section got a shiny title on it and told people to work together
they can't.

if you think 2-3 will fail, don't bother starting 1 cause on it's own it's just as if you did nothing at all.

I believe if we can work together on the guild as a whole it will strengthen our sense of community and bring us together rather than tear us apart as the other guilds did. It is at everyones discretion aswell as yours to participate in either the guilds or in forums.

Where there are no gold stars, demerits, or infractions. <3

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
If what 'is' and 'is not' considered constructional criticism is at your discretion, then how could we put up much of a resistance in backing up our statements if it's and immediate ban? Unless you have some guideline that is layed out that can show what is and is not allowed to be used?
I like something you don't and your telling me it's shit.
but it's a waste of time,
you can't change my opinion, oh no
you don't know what it's like to be like me,
you don't know, so keep your mouth shut.

Rep:
Level 89
So you are trying to say Crankeye is going to abuse the discretion? People can backup their statements without being inflammatory. It's called debated, not flaming.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It means use common sense. If you want to argue over something, take it to spam or intelligent debate (if you can do it intelligently), but no arguing over anything idiotic, like all the recent flame wars we've been experiencing.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
Sounds good to me! Working on a RPG with the community will be fun.
RPG Heights : A brand new high... http://www.forumsvibe.com/monsterdoog/

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Wow that's the third time this kind of post has been made.

Oh by the way, you spelled Reference wrong in the Guild Section.

Maybe this is the turning point of all things. :|
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

This is good, now flaming may be limited to PMs... Provided that Crank uphold this rule.

Rep:
Level 91
Good to hear my ideas put into action. And so quickly.

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Crankeye
I feel there is a lack of community within this community.

It is probably due to the fact that this is a forum about creating a game using the same program... same program, virtually the same game gets created by everyone. They all play the same, so everyone's game that they worked so hard on gets lost in the shuffle. Everyone makes, no one plays :-)
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: maia
Quote from: Crankeye
I feel there is a lack of community within this community.

It is probably due to the fact that this is a forum about creating a game using the same program... same program, virtually the same game gets created by everyone. They all play the same, so everyone's game that they worked so hard on gets lost in the shuffle. Everyone makes, no one plays :-)

That's why you need to aim towards outside audiences and not just the RPG community. But besides the point that is not what I am here to say.

Like I told crank, the forum is highly disorganized and before hand moderators didn't have that much power. Certain moderators were set for certain categories and when they weren't on, other mods were not able to do anything about spamming or flamming. But now that this has all been changed, I'm sure we'll see somewhat of an improvement.

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: maia

... no
a. hardly anyone makes a full game
b. none of the demos so far looked or felt like any of the other demos

clearly you don't understand the beauty of the program and the endless possibilites it can give you

Rep:
Level 90
Thats why I'm taking my time with it. Remember how many months I had RPG maker XP, Well I'm still trying to learn more about it's features and stuff. I'm still fixing up my ultimate tilesets. And stuff ...

I want to make my game as good as possible.
MSN CHAT-

BlueXx says: Why would i lie to someone as dumb as you?

Kite says: Cuz i'm as dumb as me

BlueXx says: Good point

Rep:
Level 89
I.e. I've set my project deadline in a couple of years. It takes time to make a decent game.

Why use an ultimate tileset with little tiny pieces of every map in the game.. When you can use the specific map?
People are getting real lazy nowadays

Rep:
Level 89
It gives you more options on what you can insert on each individual map.

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, so the map looks way better. and you could have a better game. It has nothing to do with lazyness. It just makes a better game. Am I right Viper ??
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 89
It in no way makes a better game. A better game would consist of a solid storyline, which little pieces of map cannot provide. It is the person or people that make the game what it is. You could be the crappiest mapper but with a good storyline, people are bound to get hooked.

Rep:
Level 90
Yes yes, True but wouldn't the players like a bigger environment?
Wouldn't they wanna play the game with out seeing the same stuff on the same map all the time?

I'd like a good story line with big maps and stuff like that. That would be really cool. So thats why I have the ultimate tileset stuff.
You don't have to see the same things over and over on one map. Now do you see my point?
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: Blaze
Yes yes, True but wouldn't the players like a bigger environment?
Wouldn't they wanna play the game with out seeing the same stuff on the same map all the time?

I'd like a good story line with big maps and stuff like that. That would be really cool. So thats why I have the ultimate tileset stuff.
You don't have to see the same things over and over on one map. Now do you see my point?

No, I don't think you are seeing my perspective of a good game. Large maps with a whole lot of junk in them doesn't make the better game. Look at BoF for instance, that game was not cluttered with anything...actually the maps were horrible but now in the U.S. the game sells for at least $45 to $50 USD. Why? Because people are hooked on the idea and storyline...Seeing the same things over and over again isn't what people really look at. It's what's going on at the time, if you know what I mean.

Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, I get you. But I really do think some people would hate seeing the same thing over and over. And I think making the map bigger with more objects. That makes the game a little more better and adds on points to the story line. I'll stick with that.
MSN CHAT-

Rep:
Level 91
you are way off topic, make a new topic about the mapping etc so this one will stay as clean as possible.

Rep:
Level 90
Alright (Sorry for going off topic, Viper we can discuss this in another topic.)
MSN CHAT-