RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Horizontal Scrolling Shooter game ?

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
i need help whit creat HSS game.
can anyboddy help me whit create enemy encounter, shoting, moving, boss and player shoting (special shoting) ?
Or create an example game ?
its for my new game ???? Sogeki Otome   :lol:
thanks advance ! :epic:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:46:28 AM by modern algebra »
Sorry for my stupid English, I'm from Slovakia :)

Craftknight's rule
Story: 23%
Maps: 4%
Systems: 5%

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Doesn't GM already come with said shooter example?

If you don't have it, look on gmc.yoyogames.com for a tutorial, or I can send you the example I already have.

And it's "shooting", not "shoting".

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
but on yoyogames is only tutorial for Side-view (horizontal) shooting game (1945)
i need Vertical Shooting Game like on Gradius or etc.
or if you got vercital shooting game by allow send me :)

Craftknight's rule

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...you've got vertical and horizontal reversed.

Horizontal is Gradius, 1945 is vertical.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
yeah...vertical usually means going up and down while horizontal is left-right movement...

If you're not looking for 1945, I dunno...What exactly are you aiming for?  A top-down shooting game similar to 1945 that scrolls left and right or up and down?  Or what kind of view is this game?  (I've never heard of gradius and can't seem to get Google to work for me)

try posting on the GMC forums if no one here can help: gmc.yoyogames.com

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
yeah...vertical usually means going up and down while horizontal is left-right movement...

If you're not looking for 1945, I dunno...What exactly are you aiming for?  A top-down shooting game similar to 1945 that scrolls left and right or up and down?  Or what kind of view is this game?  (I've never heard of gradius and can't seem to get Google to work for me)

try posting on the GMC forums if no one here can help: gmc.yoyogames.com

You sir fail for not knowing what gradius is... but if you watch this, the anti-fail of gradius shall fix you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3155968335371974592&q=gradius&total=943&start=0&num=100&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I no longer fail...I have been enlightened.  ;D :lol:

So it's a side-scroller.  Hmm...

Well, I made a minigame similar to this but lost it in a computer crash...lemme see if I can recall what I did for it.

If I can successfully redesign it (and GM's playing hard-to-get on my computer lately), do you want the aircraft to kind of drift a bit after releasing the movement buttons?  If I can't redesign it someone else can try or I can ask some peeps on the GMC for a quick tut or demo.

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
...you've got vertical and horizontal reversed.

Horizontal is Gradius, 1945 is vertical.
sorry. my mistake...
i will got an player shoot and moving but always need enemys :(

Craftknight's rule

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Hmmm...well, I don't have GM on me right now but I can suggest this bit of code.

Say you have some basic enemies named obj_enemy1, and some advanced ones named obj_enemy2 that come out after...what...30 seconds, let's say.  And let's say the screen is 600 pixels wide and you're on the left like in Gradius.

Create obj_controller, and in its step event:
Code: [Select]
instance_create(300,random(room_height),enemy1)

Now you want it so that more enemies come out after 30 seconds.  Make a timer (alarm[0]) in obj_controller's create event and set it to 900 (30 steps per second if the room speed is 30, and times that by how many seconds you need).  Also in the create event create a variable, for now let's call it global.hardenemy.  Create an Alarm[0] event, and increase your global.hardenemy variable by 1.  Now in the step event of the controller add:
Code: [Select]
if global.hardenemy>0
{instance_create(300,random(room_height),obj_enemy2)
}

I believe this should work.  The code will create an enemy at a random height on the far side of the screen.  Remember to give the enemies the correct speed and direction on their Create events.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:28:13 PM by iceflame1019 »