RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] How to check if Hero is touching sprite:HELP ME PLZ:

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
What are you looking at...Yes im a frog.....*Lick*
I dont know hot to set it that If I press enter i slash and if Im touching an enemy when I press Enter It
Kills it
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:46:41 AM by modern algebra »

Shot at 2007-07-26

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You're going to have to type in complete sentences, and be very detailed. We have no clue what you're talking about.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
...Thx arrow

... here it is

Shot at 2007-07-28

ME *REd haried*
wanna press enter and slash*Got that down*
But don't know how ot make slash kill enemy
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 04:38:50 PM by Arrow »

Shot at 2007-07-26

Rep:
Level 96
What is the name of your slashing sprite? Exactly. And if there's more than one, list them all.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Spr_atl_left

sprite_attack_right

3 frames each

Shot at 2007-07-26

Rep:
Level 96
Okay:

Make a collision event in your hero object, and make it a collision with the enemy.

In there, make an if statement. (Control tab in the object window, it's on the right, then right-click the one that looks like a question mark. In there say:

self.sprite_index=Spr_atl_left

Click okay, or confirm, or whatever, then make a destroy event, and apply it to other.

Do this again, in the same event, but this time the question mark says:

self.sprite_index=Spr_attack_right

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I just take a shortcut and create a "killing instance" that kills itself when a certain amount of time is up.  When I press the attack key it makes the object at a certain distance from the hero, and when an enemy touches that object it "dies".  I usually use the Alarm function and set it to about 1-4 steps so the object lasts only as long as the animation.  Very handy.

I like to use the D&D approach but you could also go with Arrow's coding.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html