RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Profession Script.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Hello all.

During my break i had an idea that would be really cool, but as we all know im shit at scripting, and most other aspects when it comes to RPG "Development" So as i know many of you know have become great/legendary scripters. COuld anyone have a look into a script that allows you to learn how to make things out of a scroll. Also could anyone have a look for a script that allows you to learn magic spells if you have the right Profession.

Thanks

(("For those who can't be bothered to read; Heres what I want"))

1x Proffession script that allows skills to be learnt off a scroll/item.
1x Script that teaches certain magic, if you have the right profession level.
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hey, good to see you back. It's been lonely :P

1. I sort of understand, but I am not sure how the profession would factor in. Learning a skill from an item is very easy, all you have to do is set up a common event that teaches the skill and have the item call that common event. Though, of course, it would take a little more work to teach the skill to the right actor.

2. So, this would be like class, as in you learn abilities at specified levels, or does it just let you learn abilities only at that level if you found a scroll?

Also, and these questions applies to both of your suggestions, what is the difference between class and profession? Is profession sort of like an alternate class that allows you to do additional things? So you can be one class and a different profession, and depending on the profession you gain special abilities and stuff? And also, what exact things does profession influence? Just the ability to learn skills? or does it also effect stat growth and stuff.

An exact list of everything a profession does would be nice.

EDIT:

Oh, and I've accepted this request by the way  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 06:14:41 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Hard to explain. . really hard, if you have MSN please tell me it'll be a lot easier to explain, well lets see.

1. The Profession is a skill in itself, its a main skill that lets you learn lower skills that belong to it. . yeah im hard to understand.

2. Sort of but i want any actor, of any class of any gender to be able to learn the spell, aslong as they have the required prof.

Eg. WoW, Player learns Engineering, and can make bombs, its like a skill that gets levels but you using certain lower spells that belong to it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I do have MSN but I'm never on, so I don't think that will help  :tpg:

I'm about to go to bed, but I think I kind of understand.

Here's what I understand and what I'd include if I were to make it right now:

1. You can learn have multiple professions?
2. The profession levels up and allows you to learn more skills within that skill heading
3. The profession itself is not a useable skill, but instead acts as a grouping for skills within a category?
4. Subskills of a profession are learned only through items, not upon hero levelling?

And how does the profession level up?

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
All correct, and the proffession levels as you use the spells in it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
So, really you want a Job system. When your a "Swordsman" you can learn Guard Break at lv 10, when you a "Black Magician", you can learn Fire, Thunder, Ice and Quake at lv 10.

Is that what you mean?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, professions as in Alchemist, gold smith, weapon maker, etc. Not their jobs. A side-job, let's say.

Rep:
Level 97
Okay, good stuff  ;D

And professions are learned from scrolls, correct?

I may not get started on this for a couple days, but I think it should be done by next Saturday at the latest.

And my standard little note before accepting a request:

I do plan on sharing the script once it is written. If you'd like it to be unique to your game, you'd have to offer me something unique for my own game (my request) :police:

And if you do want it to be unique but don't have anything to give, then I will, at your request, not write the script and you may find somebody else who will. Point is: I will not steal your idea and make the script anyway.

EDIT:
Do you accept the conditions?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 05:01:04 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry for the double post, but I do not want to start on this script until I have your permission.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Morris Lawry was Last Active:     July 23, 2007, 02:50:33 AM -_-

Rep:
Level 97
:(

A shame; I had a good idea for this script

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
well, even though they aren't here anymore, I'd like to see this script made

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

Rep:
Level 97
And if you do want it to be unique but don't have anything to give, then I will, at your request, not write the script and you may find somebody else who will. Point is: I will not steal your idea and make the script anyway.

I don't want to steal his idea though :(