RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My Edited Status Screen

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I decided to post my changes in the Window_Status script, so you can get a very cool Status Screen.

First, have this script. Name it Face

Code: [Select]
def draw_actor_face(actor, x, y)
face = RPG::Cache.character("Faces/" + actor.character_name, actor.character_hue)
fw = face.width
fh = face.height
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, fw, fh)
self.contents.blt(x - fw / 23, y - fh, face, src_rect)
end

Then, In Window_Status, find first this line.

draw_actor_graphic(@actor, 40, 112)

Change it to.

draw_actor_face(@actor, 150, 470)

For this, I recommend to have your battler as face. Name the face the same as the character et you are using.

Then, on this lines.

self.contents.draw_text(320, 48, 80, 32, "Exp")
self.contents.draw_text(320, 80, 80, 32, "Next Level")
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
self.contents.draw_text(320 + 80, 48, 84, 32, @actor.exp_s, 2)
self.contents.draw_text(320 + 80, 80, 84, 32, @actor.next_rest_exp_s, 2)
self.contents.font.color = system_color
self.contents.draw_text(320, 160, 96, 32, "Equipment")
draw_item_name($data_weapons[@actor.weapon_id], 320 + 16, 208)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor1_id], 320 + 16, 256)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor2_id], 320 + 16, 304)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor3_id], 320 + 16, 352)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor4_id], 320 + 16, 400)

Change it to.
self.contents.draw_text(420, 48, 80, 32, "Exp")
self.contents.draw_text(420, 80, 80, 32, "Next Level")
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
self.contents.draw_text(420 + 80, 48, 84, 32, @actor.exp_s, 2)
self.contents.draw_text(420 + 80, 80, 84, 32, @actor.next_rest_exp_s, 2)
self.contents.font.color = system_color
self.contents.draw_text(480, 160, 96, 32, "Equipment")
draw_item_name($data_weapons[@actor.weapon_id], 420 + 16, 208)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor1_id], 420 + 16, 256)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor2_id], 420 + 16, 304)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor3_id], 420 + 16, 352)
draw_item_name($data_armors[@actor.armor4_id], 420 + 16, 400)

And it should look like this.

Tell me if it's something that dosen't work.

Credits to Sephirothspawn for The Bars scritp wich is seperate from this script.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:01:55 PM by Black Shadow »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
very nice
it looks good

but you are using a script separate for the bars rite?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
I have another script for the bars. I have sephirothspawn Slanted SP,Hp and exp bars script.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah, you should mention/give credit or ppl will wonder why their status doesn't have bars if/when they use this

Rep:
Level 89
I will fix that.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice status screen, it looks good :)

Rep:
Level 89
Thx. I thought the old one was so boring, so I began to experiment to make it more special. And it also builded up my scripting skills...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I have just ONE minor suggestion

don't cut off the top of the head like that
it's a bad cutoff point, drop it at least enough to show the rest of the head

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I took a look on that. If you want to change it, just change.

draw_actor_face(@actor, 150, 450)

Into

draw_actor_face(@actor, 150, 470)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah I know how to do that, hehe
* NAMKCOR points to Simple Script Shop

I was just making a suggestion, if you wanted to follow it or not

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, and I follow it, and it looks so much better now. Thx :lol:

I just wanted to point it out, if others want to know.  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
looks really nice!

Is that image actually behind the text (I'm looking at the elbow)?  So for the battler images that are wider than they are high, will the image become the background for some of the text?
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Screenshot please? :P Also, I have a status screen edit but all mine is is just moving things around and sticking a battler on it. XP

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
err...there is a screenie?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'll be the one to move this to the database  8)
looks pretty cool ^^
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Very nicely done.
Using that font with that battler and a decent background really makes it great.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Looks really cool :P I +reped you yesterday, but I forgot to post...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
i need help with this after i did what u said i got "Unable to find file Graphics/Characters/Face/001-Fighter01."

Rep:
Level 89
Do you have a folder called faces? You need to have it in your character folder. And it's importent that your character-set has the same as the face.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Ok I did everything you said to do, I created a folder in my Characters\ dir name Faces\  inside which I put the "face" picture I wanted to use and named it the same name as my main character.  I changed all the lines of script. but I still get get an error message on line 23 under Windows_Status where you had me change the script line from "graphic" to "face" it says   [undefined_method for draw_actor_face]......  now if I change it back to "graphic" I don't recieve an error message however it displays the character graphic, the tiny little guy, and not the big "battler" graphic I wish to use.  I also copied your "Face" script and put it directly above "Main" as instructed, but if you ask me its like it doesnt register it, because I am sure this "face" is what tells it what to do... I am all sorts of confused can you please help me?   

What would be nice is a screenshot of your script pulled up on your window, so I can see it in action and not just read and speculate on here, just a suggestion, but it would help immensly......please help!!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Put class Window_Base above the draw face method, and put end after it, so that it looks like this:

class Window_Base
  def draw_actor_face(actor, x, y)
    face = RPG::Cache.character("Faces/" + actor.character_name, actor.character_hue)
    fw = face.width
    fh = face.height
    src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, fw, fh)
    self.contents.blt(x - fw / 23, y - fh, face, src_rect)
  end
end

Rep:
Level 86
Rastel Maskil Magister~
umm Im having the same problem too... and this didn't help... does this mean I need a bigger picture?

also the image appears down below behind the status....  can you help me, please? ^^;;

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Nice script and everything, I like the look of it all. And I love how you use bars (Bars Beat Text!!)!! Just a minor suggestion: Make and exp bar too, without removing the exp text!
And uh... where'd you get the picture?! [/offtopic!]
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
i hope this isnt dead but it says error on line 62 where end is im new so bare with me  :P