RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Post your Desktop

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
my desktop.
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'll have to scroll back a bit to check, but I think this is the same one I had the last time I posted here.

However, I'm going to use what LadyJ has. haha

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Welcome sorrow to my heart...

Here is my anime-esque desktop :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:25:19 PM by StAlexia »
Support my project :P

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Can't stand desktop clutter.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Stardock fake Mac, or real Mac with some sort of modification that puts a Stardock symbol where the apple should be?
Fake mac. The dock doesn't have reflections and has an ugly divider, the menu bar says "desktop" instead of "finder", the time isn't on the right and there's no spotlight icon.

Ovbioosly

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Stardock fake Mac, or real Mac with some sort of modification that puts a Stardock symbol where the apple should be?
Fake mac. The dock doesn't have reflections and has an ugly divider, the menu bar says "desktop" instead of "finder", the time isn't on the right and there's no spotlight icon.

Ovbioosly
It's funny, because Stardock can be configured to have all that and more.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Here is my anime-esque desktop :D

esque? it's total anime

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter

Ovbioosly

Yup, it's a customization. It's actually Windows Vista.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
new awesomeness.

still miranda+rainmeter.

Spoiler for:

If you want details, ask.
Ya, totally going to need details.

This is on Windows 7 right?

I haven't had rice in so long it's killing me.

What programs are you using, I see fubar, what IRC? Do you, say, click #crankeye and it takes you to the chat room?

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Making a new Visual Style
currently still a WIP
Spoiler for:

Desktop without open windows:
Spoiler for:

What programs do you use?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
my layout gives me the most customization I can without bloating up the system the same way that Stardock's skinner and utilities do (Sorry, it's true.)

Miranda IM is my IM program.  I use it for AIM, MSN, and IRC all at the same time, and I make my own skins for it.

Rainmeter for when I want an on-desktop system monitor for whatever reason.  I tend to modify/make my own here too.

RocketDock extremely customizable and lightweight dock program.  I outfit it with Token Icons and my own custom skins.

TweaksLogon just to make the login screen nicer.

For the windows themselves I use a custom Visual Style (currently still WIP, lazy) with an in-memory UXTheme patcher service that I can't remember the name of anymore.

Yes, Windows 7.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
my layout gives me the most customization I can without bloating up the system the same way that Stardock's skinner and utilities do (Sorry, it's true.)

Miranda IM is my IM program.  I use it for AIM, MSN, and IRC all at the same time, and I make my own skins for it.

Rainmeter for when I want an on-desktop system monitor for whatever reason.  I tend to modify/make my own here too.

RocketDock extremely customizable and lightweight dock program.  I outfit it with Token Icons and my own custom skins.

TweaksLogon just to make the login screen nicer.

For the windows themselves I use a custom Visual Style (currently still WIP, lazy) with an in-memory UXTheme patcher service that I can't remember the name of anymore.

Yes, Windows 7.
You patch it yourself or autopatch.

Tried both, the autopatcher usually fucks stuff up for me tho.

I'm asking because I switched to Win7 long ago and wasn't aware it was customizable just like XP was (refer to my previous post a few pages back).

Thinking about trying out a new explorer again as a apposed to Windows, we'll see.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It was a program, works flawlessly, I can't remember it.
It doesn't actually mess with the dll files, it just provides an in-memory solution.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Here's my current desktop:

I know, It sucks.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
simple and bare is good, I'm just not a fan of the icons.
there's also no point to having your rocketdock icon there, to activate the settings window just right click on any icon.  the context menu will bring you there.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter

I know it's crappy. But i feel confortable with this.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 102
Why do you have an empty sidebar?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
big icons anger me.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Why do you have an empty sidebar?

I normally don't have the sidebar open. Didn't even notice I had it up there. Must have opened it by an accident.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
New box here.

Should probably take a screenie of the Win7 and Mac too, been awhile.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
[hearty laughter] everything default except xperl and questhelper

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008