RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Zero Tolerance"

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Source

Fifth-graders in California who adorned their mortarboards with tiny toy plastic soldiers last week to support troops in Iraq were forced to cut off their miniature weapons. A Utah boy was suspended for giving his cousin a cold pill prescribed to both students. In Rhode Island, a kindergartner was suspended for bringing a plastic knife to school so he could cut cookies.

As somebody who was once suspended for using a non-threatening turn of phrase, I can attest that Zero Tolerance is stuuuuuuuuuuupid. They amount to nothing more than a license for authoritarian social workers to act like the strict Law & Order gestapo they wish they were. Of course it's hardly existant here, but what I hear of happening over in your america is sometimes quite hilarious.

Is there any kind of necessity for zero tolerance against guns? Shouldn't tolerance for guns be determined case-by-case, and not actually require Zero Tolerance? One would think that bringing an actual gun to school, and not a water gun, is an unforgiveable offense zero policy or no.

Were you or have you been affected by zero tolerance in your own schools? How fast should this be gotten rid of?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I got suspended for two days for shaking a fist >_>

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
That's not the only "zero tolerance" we have in America!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I got suspended for two days for raping my teacher >_>

That was harsh, two days? =\

Hasn't effected me, I understand the thinking behind it, as in if they're tolerant with certain situations it could be seen as an excuse for children to assume they could get away with an offense, but it really doesn't work.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Because I was a SUSPECT (on stupid grounds, really) of HACKING into the school computer system (ridiculous because a- who even wants to do that, b- I know nothing about computer) I am not allowed to use a computer without direct, faculty member supervision. :roll:
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I was not allowed to touch the computers at my school for a week because the teachers heard a rumor that I planted a virus on the system, which ironically was on the system.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
4 or 5 years back half my class got held in at lunch because someone had spit out the window of the bus and i came back in and hit someone (not me thank goodness), the half my principle held in? The boy half (sexist much?)
The enemy of my enemy's enemy is my enemy....i think

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I've never been suspended and only got detention for breaking silly rules like "come to class on time" and "don't talk shit to your teacher".

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
"Dont tell your teacher homework is for pussies, and her time will come at the judgment of Gilgar"

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Never.
I have never been the victim nor the enforcer of zero tolerance.
Everything school where just great. ^_^

The does however mean that I do not understand how it feels to be subjected to zero tolerance.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wore a Suicide Machines shirt to school and had to turn it inside-out. Oh yeah, and I broke into my junior high when I was like 14. I got in a lot of trouble for that.

Rep:
Level 87
i whistled and got sent home -_-
Laugh untill we cry,
Dance untill we die.