RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] precise checking

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
Hey I'm trying to make a game sort of like DDR with game maker but I need a few ideas on how to check if the player gets a good, bad, miss, or perfect hit when the arrows pass over the readin spot. Does anyone know how I'd go about doing this?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:47:31 AM by modern algebra »

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I would make masks, like 3 or 4, making the best one (perfect, if you want the normal DDR styled notes), the smallest, and if you press (whatever button for this arrow when it is on here) show sprite (perfect), add (___ points).  I need to explain clearer, and learn code for what I think.  I could do it in D and D.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, that'll help...but can you use more than one mask on an object?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You can change which mask an object is using, but unless you use a parent, no. Why would you need to, maybe I can find another way?

Rep:
Level 88
I can't seem to get anything to work by using different masks. The timing and stuff just doesn't work with that...Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated!