RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker XP Sprite Generator

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
This is not my work the generator was created by Matthew Moutlon the owner of backwater productions.

this generator is great I admit it is still under construction so the selection is a little limited for some things, but it still dose the job.

when you finish simply click save and the generator creates a PNG file and opens a down load box for it.

Have fun!

http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:27:38 PM by ryex »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think we've seen this before already... Yeah, but still, thanks. Not many people still find it.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I used to use this fairly often... Its a good resource making tool.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Enter the Darkside
I actually prefer the Charas Sprite maker.. far more flexible with options... lower Graphics but more options...
.......Welcome to the Ring of Honor......  Prepare to be crushed....

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
i preffer los more than this character merk lol  ;D ;D ;D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Maybe you should pillage some more stuff to make it better.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I found it useful, although there were a few things I was unable to make. The biggest down point is that I couldn't get a "down" sprite for any of the characters.

EDIT: And the fact that the only two body choices are teen boy/girl...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:06:29 AM by Diricos »

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
isn't there another site besides backwater and charas as a sprite generator? i know i used another site to create some of my sprites...only i can't remember the link..-_-'
GRAY RANAYA: WHERE WORLDS COLLIDE

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I used to use this fairly often... Its a good resource making tool.

yeah, it's a pretty good tool.

Dark_Prince - Pegasus Saga
Rep:
Level 92
Nice, thanks for the link.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Holy crap, sorry for the spam, but it's AlianceKing! :o Does he still live? I'm scared ;-;

Rep:
Level 86
I've seen that at CA. Its really useful. But somebody should add more stuff into that spirit maker.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Nice, but I agree with all the others- needs other items to be added to it, especially medieval things... and would it be possible to do so you could make animals with it? Anyways, cool graphics, but too little of them  :( apart from that,  ;D
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 75
O.o
This has to be the second worst SpriteGen I have ever seen.  More Glitches than Microsoft 89, ME and Vista combined. 

And would someone tell me why everyone who decides to make a SpriteGen always omit/forget to add the bodies for other races???  Elves, Giants, Orc's, Trolls, Lizard Men, Cat Men (Not the rubbish you see that is 90% human 10% cat.) Etc...  Humans are boring, Thats why RPG's were invented.

I'm no God at Spriting, and I would imagine not a lot of people are.  But there has to be some Bare Templates for some other races.   If anyone has them,  Email them to me and I will see what I can do about getting us a proper Sprite Generator for RmXP.  If not, Then make some of your own.  >.>
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:09:25 PM by DeXuS »
Would you play Nintendo with me?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
...did you seriously necropost in here just to complain about it not having multiple races? The generator is old but works fine for all intents and purposes.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Ametuer
this program is awesome! now i dont have to spend hours in front of the computer screen trying to make custom chars!!!

yay!! ^^
Join us on the best RP EVER!!! :D

To create, you must first destroy.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Keep the flame alive!

I made this account just so I could help you to keep this thread alive.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
it's a sticky, you tard.

I mean, it's gotta be another bot right?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:23:59 PM by Strike Reyhi »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm sure he'll go on to become a valued and respected member that posts regularly.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 86
I think it looks great! I would love to be able to add things to it (so not to accuse the creator of not doing "their job" because there's only a few graphics, based on the way this thread reads, it seems like the maker is adding to it, because there's more than there was. I've seen others with "a lot" of options, but in my experience, the options didn't always work well together, :) I like having the base template to work with. and would like to contribute extra graphics for the cause if it's needed.  (p.s. to the person who wanted races, though not necessarily perfect, you did notice you could change the hue and lighting and what not, that would be helpful for elves and orcs and such, with a little tweaking.)
Thank's for sharing and for who ever made it :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:29:53 AM by FruitBodyWash »

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Not-so-Noob
Is it just me, or is this program pointless? these aren't Trasparent backgroup images e.g. PNG. There's a blue background behing the character. It needs to be removed. And I agree with others, it needs more. Not that I don't appreciate the programmers efforts but I expected a little more.

Rep:
Level 86
Ummm, in case you weren't aware, when you load a character sprite (or any sprite for that matter) there is a solid color background. (I suppose in photoshop you can have "transparancy") there is option to choose your transparant color and your semi-transparent color (for XP) you right click on the background color and the RPG Maker turns that color transparent while in use.  (and left click for semi-transparent, shadows and such) In earlier versions it had a specific color(s) that you could use for the background/transparent color, i think hot pink. But with XP and I gather VX you can make each sprite with whatever background color you want, as long as it's solid.  Just make sure you select it when you load the sprite into your game. (it will preveiw which color you mean to use, but clicking for each new graphic is the safest way to make sure you have the right color going transparent)

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
The link is broken. What do we do?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
What you do is you either wait to see if the site ever comes back, or you look for a different sprite generator. Not really much else you CAN do here, since Backwater Productions as a whole seems to have finally kicked the bucket.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
Well, sounds good. Thanks.