RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Create New Area"...

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Just out of curiosity...what are "areas", and how are they useful? When you right click a map and select "Create New Area", is that basically just a copy of whatever map you've chosen?

(I'm sorry itf theres already a thread on this...I searched for it and got over 300 results...)
Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
You select a region of the map and you can put specific monster groups that are different from the map monster groups in them. They're usefull if you use them right.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Take for example: An overworld map.
In most RPGs, the area around the place you start has weaker monsters. But as you get farther away, you fight stronger monsters. That is what areas can do for your game.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!