RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Platform moving

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
How do I make it the sprite only moves one step when I press a direction? Because if I press a direction it keeps going on without stopping.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:47:40 AM by modern algebra »

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
If you're using the D&D coding, make 2 new events, released(Left) and released(Right), in your characers object.

Then in the release(Left) event drag and drop a "Execute a Piece of Code" from the control tab. Then double click it. Now in it type:

Code: [Select]
sprite_index="name_of_sprite_standing_left_without_these_quotes"
...for the right its basically the same.

Then in the release(Right) event drag and drop a "Execute a Piece of Code" from the control tab. Then double click it. Now in it type:

sprite_index="name_of_sprite_standing_right_without_these_quotes"

Example:
sprite_index=Mario_Standing_Left

Names dont have to be so complicated but it helps you know what sprite you want to use.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:09:30 PM by Stephen »
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
cant it be done with simple commands? Because I dont know any code and it's gonna be a pain in the ass to work with them

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes it can. Give me a sec.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
(sorry for double post)

Here you go. Look at the examples in that winrar. They use basic commands to help you understand what you need to do.

Hope it helps. :D
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Sure will, thanks mate

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
(sorry for double post)

Here you go. Look at the examples in that winrar. They use basic commands to help you understand what you need to do.

Hope it helps. :D

Edit button, Stevoh.

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I know, but he probably wouldnt have seen that I added the attachment. Anyways sorry. XD
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
'S all right, I suppose. I like you anyway. ;8

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Sig by MacGravel