RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Naming Scores and storing them via variables

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Lord of MSCF
Right, I have a score system set up. But the thing is, I need to be able to have a separate score for each hole, and then store that score in a variable, so that I can show it in another room.

I have tried it but failed miserable, simply because I do not fully understand variables and variable commands, event though I have read through the manual.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:47:51 AM by modern algebra »

Wisdom is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, knowledge is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Currently working on:
Mini-Mini Golf

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Lord of MSCF
I have looked at variables and I think I may have solved it. My try at it is below...

score1[hole1]=score

Then in the room, would I have to put this:

draw_text(x,y,score1[hole1]);

i need someone to verify if this is correct, if not...my game is at a halt.

Wisdom is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, knowledge is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Currently working on:
Mini-Mini Golf