RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Slipknot Advance Message system 3.0

Rep:
Level 87
Hi:

I got a question. Uhmm When putting in an name input process. How can you make that name you entered. auto show when your actor says something.

Example:

I enter name: genius

Now my actor wants to say hi (Using your script)

I want it to say: Name that I typed in in the name input process.

P.S: Iam using your script.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
\n[X] where X is the hero ID.

I.e. If you want it to be the second hero in the database to say something, just type in \n[2] and it will print his name.

Rep:
Level 87
Uhm where it says enter text:

I type the script first:

/na(Name) Words

Where do I enter what you just told me?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
\name[\n[2]] or, if it's na in this script, then \na[\n[2]].

What happened to this script anyway. It's disappeared  :o

I think you should use this script anyway: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7035.0.html

It is by the same author and has all the same features and more. And it's still intact.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:26:00 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
Tahnx a bunch. The script looks fantastic!

Rep:
Level 86
I'm getting the following error message

Script "Window_Message" Line 18: NameError occured.
Uninitialized constant SDK

any suggestions?
Current Project: UnderGround
Story: 50%
Maps: 01%
Scripts: 05%
Characters: 40%

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
try find and remove this
Code: [Select]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# SDK log
SDK.log('Slipknot Advance Message System', 'Slipknot', '3.0', '02.23.06')

# Begin SDK Enabled Check
if SDK.state 'Slipknot Advance Message System'
and this
# End SDK Enabled Test
end
Sorry for my stupid English, I'm from Slovakia :)

Craftknight's rule
Story: 23%
Maps: 4%
Systems: 5%

Rep:
Level 86
try find and remove this
# SDK log
SDK.log('Slipknot Advance Message System', 'Slipknot', '3.0', '02.23.06')

# Begin SDK Enabled Check
if SDK.state 'Slipknot Advance Message System'
and this
# End SDK Enabled Test
end

no change, I don't think it's a SDK dependency issue

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it myself. simple cut and paste error  :tpg:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:41:23 PM by Voyevoda »
Current Project: UnderGround
Story: 50%
Maps: 01%
Scripts: 05%
Characters: 40%

Rep:
Level 88
I like this script but now I cant find out how to remove the box shrinking thing.:(

EDIT: Nah. I just worked out how. And it looks better with the box shrinking :P

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Sry for this noob question, but where do u get this SDK (and what is it excactly??)  ???:-[ ???
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 97
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19947.0.html

You can get it at hbgames.org or creationasylum, and also from any demo in an SDK-required script

Rep:
Level 86
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19947.0.html

You can get it at hbgames.org or creationasylum, and also from any demo in an SDK-required script

Thx again!! :D
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 86
I get an error that it: Unable to find file Graphics/Windowskins/Charcoal Xp.

How do I go about fixing this?

You need to paste/import the windowskin named "Charcoal Xp" You should also check that you have everything else needed in the Graphics folder. So check out the graphics section of demos too, and check to see if there are specific resources u have to download and import before it'll work with all type of scripts... a message will appear if something's missing anyway, and when u open the scripting "menu" you'll be at the right line automaticly... But you seem like a bit of a pro, so you prolly knew that already ;)

Rep:
Level 86
I know this might be a bit hard, but you see, I can't open the part of the Demo where I can edit the game, so would it be possible to post the full code? Please? It sounds and looks and seems so cool!!

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I HAVE A PROBLEM... WHEN I PLACED A BIG PICTURE IN MY MESSAGE, THE UPPER PART OF MY PICTURE WAS NOT SEEN.... IT DOESN'T FIT THE SCREEN...PLEASE HELP ME, I'LL GIVE YOU SCREENIES.... :tpg: :tpg: :'( :'( :'(

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom

THIS IS MY PROBLEM!!! HELP ME SEASON OF THE ABYSS!!!!!!!!PLEASE......
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:28:36 AM by celebi269 »

Rep:
Level 86

THIS IS MY PROBLEM!!! HELP ME SEASON OF THE ABYSS!!!!!!!!PLEASE......

I'd try resizing the picture, that should do it...

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I don't want to resize it, I just want to put it down and make it translucent. The message box should overlap the pic.

Rep:
Level 86
Oh :o, Well, then I don't know...

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
Please Season of the Abyss, Help me.... or is there a way to edit it in the Script Editor?

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
Hey, someone help me.... Where can I edit the x and y coordinates of the picture so that it shall fit the screen?
ANYONE?

Rep:
Level 97
Stop double posting. If you have new information then edit your previous post as otherwise you come off as annoying. Also, Seasons In the Abyss is not very active here, but I suggest you use the Letter by Letter script, as it is pretty much an updated version of this script.

As far as your problem goes, try editing lines 344 and 345 (in the demo). They look like this:

@picture.x = px-@picture.bitmap.width
      @picture.y = self.y-@picture.bitmap.height

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Is it at all possible that the actual script can be posted rather than just the demo? The demo isn't working for me, therefore I can't get the script. Thanks

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Game and Watch!!! Oh and wonderful script, can I request something?

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
I have a problem. I copied the script to my game, but it doesn't work. The message boxes were empty, so I make a new script called "fonts" above the mesasage system, and inside it I print "Font.default_name = "Tahoma". But the problem is that the text is always Arial size 25, even if I change it in fonts, or menu, or wherever.