RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Cutscene Delima (RMXP)

pokeball ripOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hello everyone. I would first like to say hello to everyone, for I am new and whatnot, and consider this my introduction. XP Now. Onto the topic. I have RPG Maker XP and I am trying to open my game with a cut scene. In this cut scene, I plan to have the main character awakened in a castle holding cell by some mysterious disembodied voice. AFter a brief sequence with them a sound would come from outside of the holding cell. This sound is a door unlocking and then opening. The main character hears it and decides it would be best if he hid somewhere. This is where my little delima comes into play. I have set the starting location to the area where I want him to be hiding.. this is where I want the game to start. But I cannot get the sprite in the cutscene into that area, I'm guessing because that is where the start point is. But the sprite needs to be standing there to make things look smooth.. what I want to do after this part is make two guards enter the holding cell and look for him. Do you see my problem? I need to have him in hiding but cant get him into the hiding spot. Could anyone possibly offer a solution? I am at a complete loss here
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:23:10 AM by rip »

pokeball ripOffline
I already downloaded the video tutorial on cutscenes.. it doesn't answer my question. Basically what I want to do is move the sprite in my cutscene over the start point.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:53:51 AM by rip »

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
in normal playtesting, are you able to get your hero to the hiding spot? if not, you should mess with the tile's priorities and passage settings..

if thats not the case, try to see if theres no disturbance of parallel events, scripts, or even unpassable tiles in the hero's move route

pokeball ripOffline
It is a cutscene. I am opening my game with a cutscene in which the sprite moves to an area to hide from guards. That area is where I want the game to actually begin but I can't get the sprite there because that is where the start point is. But what i'm thinking about doing is just making a clone of the map and then having the event take place there and when the cutscene is over, just warping to a new map where the player starts.

Rep:
Level 87
i had this same problem i think your hero movement is too slow so the hero will stop go and etc
give me your stuff,yu not going to need them where your going....Disney land!!!

pokeball ripOffline
I solved the problem. My problem was that when my game started I wanted to open with a cutscene. In it the characters in the cutscene would move over where the hero would start (the hero was not in the cutscene at all) but you can't move the sprites in the event over your characther's starting point for the game from what I gather so what I did was made a clone of the map and executed the event on that map instead. When the cutscene is over I will just teleport back to the original map with the start point on it and let the game flow from there. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. No thanks and much damnation to everyone who looked at the topic and didn't bother posting at all. n.n