RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Willa & Rott: Judge's Review

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Willa & Rott, by maia

Review by: lost

Fun - 4 of 5: It was a very atmospheric story based game that flowed really well. The game was balanced, half with puzzles, half with random battles. There was a cut scene every 5 minutes, some of which lasted for 10 minutes. The only thing I did not find fun was the bosses were a little difficult.

Mapping - 4 of 5: There were two things that I noticed. The open areas were open, but restricted so you did not walk and get lost wandering. There were intelligent puzzles, like the stealth ones that made good use of maps, there were surprising ambushes... and some not so surprising ones.

Story - 5 of 5: It was nothing but a story! A great one that was full of dialog. Not that it was a bad thing, it was very compelling.

Difficulty - 5 of 5: Almost a little too difficult because of the boss battles, but I wanted to see it to the end, because of the story. The up, left, right puzzle took me quite some time to get as well.

Originality - 5 of 5: A dead girl guardian angel that has a Cerberus as a pet that must save a small boy from being sacrificed by a wizard to summon a monster. I did not see that coming. The little countdown clock to the 1 hour mark was a nice touch.

Overall - 10 of 10: For a one hour game, it was great. Even if it did take me far past the 1 hour to beat it.

Review by: modern algebra

Fun - 5 of 5: A quite enjoyable game with fun puzzles that needed to be solved.

Mapping - 4 of 5: Not by any means bad, but there were a lot of open areas. As well, there were a few design errors, such as the fact that you could approach the town square from a different direction and Macovius and Toby wouldn't notice you as you walked up to them. Also, teddy bears shouldn't be such great impediments to movement.

Story - 5 of 5: An interesting story, with good dialogue and a solid plot.

Difficulty - 4 of 5: Some of the battles were too easy. Darkness is a skill which is way too overpowered for the majority of the enemies.

Originality - 4 of 5: Actually, the story of the game is very original. The reason why it loses a point here is because of the use of the Evil Mage archetype which Macovius was, right down to the slurred, creepy way of talking. As lost put it so nicely, "A dead girl guardian angel that has a Cerberus as a pet that must save a small boy from being sacrificed by a wizard to summon a monster. I did not see that coming."

Overall: 9 of 10: A really enjoyable game, worth playing through. Ostensibly, only an hour long, but the puzzles will almost certainly stretch the length out a bit.

Review by: Irock

Fun - 4/5 Very fun game. The puzzles made the game very enjoyable.

Mapping - 3/5 I noticed a few errors in the maps, and some of the areas were open.

Story - 5/5 Excellent story. You can easily develop a love for the characters and their personality, and everything linked together very well.

Difficulty - 3/5 Some of the enemies were easy, and some were too hard.

Originality - 5/5 The game was very original, and the role of the player.

Overall - 9/10 The entire game was enjoyable, it wasn't perfect, but really good.

Final Score: 28 / 30
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:48:50 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 90
Thank you both so much for the reviews!
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I finished the game yesterday. :)

Review by: Irock

Fun - 4/5 Very fun game. The puzzles made the game very enjoyable.

Mapping - 3/5 I noticed a few errors in the maps, and some of the areas were open.

Story - 5/5 Excellent story. You can easily develop a love for the characters and their personality, and everything linked together very well.

Difficulty - 3/5 Some of the enemies were easy, and some were too hard.

Originality - 5/5 The game was very original, and the role of the player.

Overall - 9/10 The entire game was enjoyable, it wasn't perfect, but really good.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
*added Irock's review

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I guess I should actually play it now, It's been sitting on my desktop for a week or so. :\