RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Demon Fury - New Look Thread!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!

DEMO VERSION 1.3 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Download the demo (v1.3) from here: http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=168774

Make sure to install the three included font files into your Windows/Fonts directory!

If you have issues with the in-game cutscenes, simply hit the 'Esc' button several times to skip through them. They'll be fixed up when I upload the demo next

Demon Fury is a refreshing change from the current plethora of RPGs being released lately.

Forget pixelated sprites.
Forget maps generated from repetitive tiles.
Forget generic RPGMaker content.

Prepare for Demon Fury.

It is the year 2009. You are a young man named Arc, enjoying your day-to-day life. Your best friend Max is helping you train your martial arts skills in order to enter an upcoming tournament. An accidental strike to the head knocks you unconscious, and when you awaken, the world you once knew will be drastically altered.

Horrifying monsters attack from the shadows. Somehow, you manage to slay a few, but you cannot prevent Max being kidnapped by the rest. Confused by the appearance of such terrifying fiends in this day and age, you swear to rescue Max no matter the odds.

As you grip your wooden sword and begin your search, you are completely unaware of the role you are soon to play in the destruction of everything you once held dear...

Completely developed using RPGMaker XP, Demon Fury uses several extra scripts to deliver a compelling combat and gameplay system. These include, but are not limited to:

- "Lufia Style Battle Report" by Trickster
- "Bestiary" by Trickster
- "Advanced IP System" by Trickster
- Window skins/themes by Mea

Also featured in the game is the usage of .avi cutscenes, to help immerse players as the story unfolds.

The game features over 60 unique weapons, over 50 brand new skills and spells, loads of items and armor, 7 playable characters and a host of terrifying monsters.

Spoiler for:
The game is still in development, so these pictures may change closer to release.

Just one of many demons... Prepare yourself!

No time for sight-seeing. Defeat those enemies!

Tackle your foes with strategy to ensure victory.

Awakening in a cave is never a good sign.

The world becomes twisted after the apocalypse.

ZOMBIES!

Use your special abilities to bring down tough foes.

THE FOLLOWING SCREENS ARE 4 TEH FUNNIEZ!!11one!

The game isn't all about stomping around in graveyards, battling aquatic creatures and trying to survive. There's a bit of humor thrown in for good measure.

Wait... no... it couldn't be...? Donkey Kong's house?!?

Mmm... So yellow.

Speaks for itself, really.

Please feel free to comment here, or send me an email at lance.serpentslayer@gmail.com

CREDITS:

Scripts - Trickster's Bestiary
     - Trickster's IP Attacks
     - Trickster's Lufia Style Battle Report
     - Trickster's Actor And Stat Growth
     - Moghunter's MOGpack
     - SoundSpawn's AVI script
     - Slipknot's Letter-by-letter MS
     - Blizzard's BlackFade (Tons Of Add-ons Script)

Skins    - Mea's windowskins

Download the demo (v1.3) from here:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=168774
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:37:04 AM by serpentslayer »

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I'm that guy, you know... the one who does, stuff
Superfantastication is the only word to describe this! But what makes it even better is that I'm in it  :zoid: !
Life sucks! And then you die!
I'm in the Mario costume

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
That's cool, I can't wait for a demo. I like how your using actually people, I never thought of that.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Thanks! Demo should be released within the next week.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Nice, I never knew doing something like that is possible, I wish you many luck with your game!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This is so funny and great! This's gotta be unique. Can't wait to test it!
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Yeah, some of the enemies are going to be actors too. If anyone's interested, you can now drop me an email at lance.serpentslayer@gmail.com
I'll reply as soon as possible!

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Lol, interesting idea mate, I ain't sure I like it but it sure is original.

Well I dinnae who that dude is, but whatever he's holding, he's not holding it right, lol.

I've got another interestin' idea for ye: Why dontcha use voice acting as well? It's gonna be a hell of work and it's gonna end up with tons of SE's and yer will lose yer voice, but it would make things better I think.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Yeah, I considered voice acting, but as you said, it's a lot of work. Maybe in the future.

BTW: He's holding a bokken, but he's not using a kendo stance. It's more of a tribute to Auron from FFX :D

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Im out of words...this looks amazing! ;8

Nice work!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Thanks black shadow!  :D

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Haaahaaa this looks great. The beginning story kinda blew me off but the screenies look awesome. Looks like a must play

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I like how you did real people
it's like what I did with my school game/senior perspective project.

good work so far, hope to see a demo

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
HOLY CRAP #*&()!@&%R*(&T*(&(*&#$*(&*(  :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:

this is is.....a very very unique game and yet a very disturbing one. hhahahaha but i like it very cool dude

i support you all the way two thumbs up :blizj:

cant wait for the demo but i wish you guys the best.

if you can could you put on more catchy costumes  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Dollmage:

Heh heh, thanks for the support! And catchy costumes, eh? Well, I thought about it, but seeing as the game's set in the very near future (despite the monsters and all :P), I figured it's best if we're just in casual clothes.

Update: Demo's taking longer than planned because I've had to reanimate a character after losing some pictures... that means taking a whole heap more photos :( but it should be up soon!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Finally, the demo is available!

Download the demo (v1.3) from here: http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=168774

Feedback is welcome!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:03:54 AM by serpentslayer »

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
Holy Crap im so exited LOL this is the 2nd time im so exited about a game ^_^

since suikoden 2 hehehehe playing it now then comments later  ;D

:blizj: :blizj: :blizj: :blizj:

oh forgot i uninstall megaupload lol DL demon fury 45kbs 5 mins =p

the loading takes like forever -,- is it even working?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:36:06 AM by dollmage »

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
If the loading screen doesn't go away, you might not have Windows Media Player 9 codec on your PC. If you have WMP 9 or 10 it should work.

If not, try hitting the Escape key a couple of times while the Loading screen is displayed to skip the movie.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
the battle system is good  and i got an error too =) upon opening the menu item transition something cannot be found. i think you didnt upload all the imgs needed =)

ill go play somemore ill just replace it with something. temporaliry i hope

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
FINALLY!

The new demo version (1.3) has been released! Hopefully it's the final demo  :P

I've fixed all the existing bugs, and added a handy Compass utility that will greatly aid navigation.

Grab it from here: http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=168774

Enjoy!

Rep:
Level 89
Sexy..
Wow this game looks really sexy.
At first i thought it might turn out to be cheesy, using real people and all. But I was Wrong-very wrong.

So far on the Sexy Scale i give it 8/10-because am mean. Keep up the good work!

100% sexy.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Lol, thankyou! 8/10 on the sexy scale is something to be very proud of ^_^

Was that rating for the demo, or just the screenshots?

Thanks Azark!

Rep:
Level 89
Sexy..
Just for what I've seen so far, i seem to have problems with the internet on my computer so downloads isn''t sexy right now, but when i do download it, ill let ya know, i look forward to trying it out.

100% sexy.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
when i open the menu it sez transition something cannot be found

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
Pretty decent man. The menu system is nice, although I would suggest using Blizzard's Soul Rage/Limit system rather than Trickster's laggy IP System. I like the idea of a picture/still-frame styled game, but a lot of things tend to clash (enemies with backgrounds, characters with backgrounds, etc.). But none the less I was impressed and that's hard to do.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
The menu transition has been fixed in version 1.3, which you can download from the top post.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
tnx try it later

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Check out the video trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgL9M4IGfFo

It's looking pretty sweet

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
The trailer looks awesome...
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks good. The walking animation looks a little choppy though, but otherwise it looks neat.

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
rofl

I have intelligence !!!
I have strong!
I have strike you hurt!

hahaha wow you have your own video trailer now :D i realy like playing this game it keeps me lol wonder why keep up the good work guys, this is far by the most original game i have ever played out there.

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Thanks Dollmage! Glad you finally got it working ;)

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
Thanks Dollmage! Glad you finally got it working ;)

a big gratz on you guys ^_^

this make's me wanna post up the game, but ill wait till fomar has finish doing the script combination i have asked him

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
I love the real backgrounds and the real characters, it's something very original!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Thanks Robintje!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Check out the first post for all new character information and screenshots!

Rep:
Level 87
Joyness...!
Just a bump to generate some more interest! The game is still going strong! I've recently enhanced the look of the HP and SP bars, and I've created a snazzy new opening sequence. Look out for a new upload soon!

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Maybe you should post soe visual material, keeps people interested.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 91
Looks original indeed! Good job!