RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GBA Flash Cartridge possibilities?

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
===== ::)=====

Hiyo Everyone! just a simple question!

is it possible to purchase a flash cartridge such as the F2A, for your computer (i.e. a blank GBA cartridge) and upload a game made in RPG maker xp to it?

ive heard of uploading GBA roms to a cartridge for free GBA games playable on a real GBA, but i was wondering if i purchased a flash cartridge, would it actually play a game made in XP??

anyone ever try this? any info is cool

anyhoo thanks for reading, any input is awesome! :D
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
hi gba game catridges are incredibly small in capacity just look at the size of its rom i doubt thed be enough space to fit in an rpgmaker game and even if you could it would need to be in gba's special little format to play it. i dont think gba's can run .exes easiest thing to get your game handheld is to use a downgraded psp or the http://www.gp2x.com/ which no one i knows heard of :P

Rep:
Level 87
I wish i had a pony ...
interesting hmmm, if there isnt enuf space on a GBA cartridge for a rpgmaker game, then im wondering how they get their gba games to fit, ive seen some pretty complex gba games

well i dunno.... PSP is cool, i wonder about DS then ::)
FF-11 was a tough game, but i beat it! with the help of friends :) www.geocities.com/farflong41

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Flash Cartridges can go up to 512MB, which would store approx. a hundred and somethings games. I don't think it would play an XP game, because of the graphics and the fact that it only reads .gba files.

Rep:
Level 87
I've always wondered about this. As being an owner of a PSP and GBA I've always, ALWAYS wanted some RPG Maker games on it. /: Too bad no one's ever made a conversion. *has a G6 Lite for my DS*
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
its odd really gba have some weird compression i guess. as for the sprites and graphics remember their drawn for a screen no larger then 4 of your fingers whereas rpgmaker games are much larger. there are a few gba game developing software thingies but youll be messing with higher tier programming languages.

512mb should be enought to fit an rpgmaker game on it just needs to be in a .gba format which is gah no idea right now

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
There's still no way it would play. GBA games will stay GBA. You'd have to modify it alot. Too much. I read a topic like this on another site, and they had a good explanation why it shouldn't be done.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
yeah i fail at explaining stuff