RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Savepoint

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Umm, he explains that in the post above. Take out everything he says and then don't add anything.

:-[, umm... THAT was kinda stupid of me... well thx anyway, didn't think of that... hehe  ::) :-[ :lol:
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 86
I keep getting this error message even though I have both of those things in the quote:
"????? 'Save_Point' ? 176 ?? NameError ????????
Undefined local variable or method `s3' for # <Scene_Savepoint:0x4638db0>"
Please help me, I only took away the ability to heal.

Put this before the Scene itself...
Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
class Window_Command < Window_Selectable
  def initialize(width, commands, column_max = 1, style = 0, inf_scroll = 1)
    super(0, 0, width, (commands.size * 1.0 / column_max).ceil * 32 + 32)
    @inf_scroll = inf_scroll
    @item_max = commands.size
    @commands = commands
    @column_max = column_max
    @style = style
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, (@item_max * 1.0 / @column_max).ceil * 32)
    self.contents.font.name = "Tahoma"
    self.contents.font.size = 22
    refresh
    self.index = 0
  end
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    for i in 0...@item_max
      draw_item(i, normal_color)
    end
  end
  def draw_item(index, color)
    self.contents.font.color = color
    rect = Rect.new(index%@column_max * (self.width / @column_max) + 4, 32 * (index/@column_max), self.width / @column_max - 40, 32)
    self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
    self.contents.draw_text(rect, @commands[index], @style)
  end
  def disable_item(index)
    draw_item(index, disabled_color)
  end
  def update_help
    @help_window.set_actor($game_party.actors[$scene.actor_index])
  end
end

That scriptlet's in the script mentioned in my first post
This script goes well with this script
So either add that scriptlet or get the mentioned script
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Ah, I think that was an oversight in his previous description. I have not looked at it, but I imagine that the line giving the error has the phrase:

Window_Command.new (x, [s1, s2, s3]), where x is some number. Just deleted the ", s3" part of it.

Rep:
Level 86
Sry, forget it... just realized I deleted it, because sth else was wrong with the scripting (another standard script), and I had to start over my game... I'll put it into my new version (3rd) of the game... I'll edit this post when/if the problem occurs again...

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Just so you all know, i'm alive. I've just been rather busy is all.

@D B - Sorry to hear that matey :( all apologies if any part of it was my fault
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 86
No no, that isn't your fault. It's just that I like to personalize my game with a bunch of script to make it really original, and well, doing that can be fatal. I've become wiser though. Now I first test the scripts in Test Games I make... ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
sry but im a noob...ummm where do u put that $cene thing

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
From an event: In the event you wish to call the Savepoint from, make a Call Script and shove it in there.

From the menu: It would need another option to be created.

PM me if you want it to be accessible from the menu and send me the menu system you're using so I can alter it and get back to you.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
How would I go about making it so the healing price varies depending on how much hp is lost. I haven't tested the script yet but I was wondering if it's possible to do something like Shin Megami Tensei where you pay per character to heal. I just pretty much repeated myself but I would love this script even more if I could get that to happen.

Whether or not it's possible I want to thank you for the script. =)

Edit: I tried it out and I keep getting this error.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:29:10 PM by vacancydenied »