RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Read this before asking about how to script RGSS

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
doesn't the help file in rmxp contain something about scripting?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You're quite right.
Added

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
you should also note that it is in the legal english version only which means we only get a months peace before we get stormed by idiot noobs again.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i wouldnt talk if i were you...

anyways, they can (if they evolve out of noobishness) copy the text to word and then post it. Thatd be nice...

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Quote from: Lord Dante
i wouldnt talk if i were you...

oh, im so offended[/sarcasm] keep in mind i wasnt referring to anyone specifically. im just saying there's a lot of noobs out there. im done my, er... rant.

Rep:
Level 92
Meh, you can download the help file from CrankEye.com, yes that's here.  :roll:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
shouldnt this be stickied

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: ahref
shouldnt this be stickied

Fine.... if you insist.  :roll:
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 92
Requesting resticking. (I can't report my own posts :'()

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'll report you then!

Rep:
Level 89
lol that sounds like a threat
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Nay, t'was a friendly favor!

Rep:
Level 92
Yay. It got stickied  ;D
Thanks

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Nice  ;D

What would you all suggest for me to read if I were to script a CMS?

~Winged

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
First read the code of the basic Scene_Menu. Then go over to more complex codes, learn how they work, what they do and how they do it. No real tutes are actually needed here.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks, I'll read them tomorrow when I'm awake...

Good night everyone  :)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 92
Dubealex's tutorials seems to involve window management, so you could also read them.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks Zeriab (This took a long time, I didn't check up when I woke up, sorry) I'll edit this post to see if I got any of this scripting

~Winged

Rep:
Level 92
No problems.
If you still have problems I suggest you make a topic in either Scripts or Troubleshooting depending on the problem you have. (Possible also Tutorials)

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I'm gonna give it a go at scripting  in rgss ruby ^^  Any tips i need to know :P ?

Rep:
Level 92
I don't really know any tips you need to know before reading the tutorials.
If you have problems I suggest you make a topic in either Scripts or Troubleshooting depending on the problem you have. (Possible also Tutorials)

Rep:
Level 88
I read through the tutorials and part of the default script, but there are a few things I don't understand. what are the functions of the attr_ codes, and what does self. mean?

I'm getting anoying, but I'd like to know what the @ in code means as well. Like in this method from Game_Variables:

def initialize
    @pdata = []
  end
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:59:18 PM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
1. An @ before the variable's name means it's a class variable. An example would be an actor's name. The Game_Actor class represents the actor and the class variable @name is a string with his name.

2. attr_reader, attr_writer and attr_accessor are just what they are saying.
- attr_reader lets you read a class variable from "outside"
- attr_writer lets you write (that means change) a variable from "oustide"
- attr_accessor does like the two above together: read and write

3. the self. is actually accessing the class from "within" like it would be from the "outside". If you try self.name within the Game_Actor class, but there is no defined attr_reader :name or attr_accessor :name, it will give you the "Undefined method 'name' for class 'Game_Actor'"

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT:

BTW, the attr_reader is often used instead of an attr_accessor like for example he actor's HP. Then something called "encapsulation" is done instead and instead of just "writing" the actor's HP the given value for the actor's new current HP is first processed little bit, so the HP won't exceed the max HP and won't go lower than 0. Check out def hp=(hp) in the Game_Actor class to see what I mean. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:39:01 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
That makes sense. Thanks!