RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Level System

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
What is it?
Now on topics, instead of a member's displayed postcount, you see a "level". Pretty fitting for an RPG Maker forum.

What determines a level?
Postcount along with how long you've been a member.

TELL ME MOAR ABOUT IT
It uses a special algorithm on your postcount and also takes into account how long ago you registered to work out a corresponding level. As you gain higher levels, it becomes harder to attain the next one. Example: A newly registered member won't have any trouble progressing through the first couple of levels, though somebody like zypher on 8,000 or so posts will have to post much more to gain a level.

So it's basically the same principle as postcount? Why bother?
Shutup, this is cooler. But seriously though, it adds mystery to a member's postcount. Far too often people are judged solely on something like it, or people feel they can bitch. If you absolutelymust know somebody's postcount, you'll always be able to see it by going to their profile. Of course the level system still gives an idea of postcount, but it's less precise. Also, it's very easy to progress through the starting levels. You can also see a member's postcount by hovering over their level. It'll show their count and also member number in a tooltip.

How can I level up?
Post on the forum. The only other thing that affects your level is how long you've been here, which you can't change. You can just sit there not posting and as new people register over time, it'll bump your own level up (albeit slowly).

Can I have the algorithm? I want to workout when I'll change :O
No :mad:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 11:32:36 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Cool. Can I have the algorithm so I know when I will change?  ;8

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Awesome! :lol:
+ rep for this useless thing.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
So it's basically the same principle as postcount? Why bother?
Shutup, this is cooler.
Lol. I'm suspecting an exponential function (yes, my class just learned it. XD). But seriously, you're rising at an... well, an exponential rate, so yeah...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I just love this system <3

Can I have the algorithm? Lol, just kidding.
I have already it. (Well... It hit dead on with 5 different members ^_^)

No, I can't tell you or Silvy would ban me and then kill me. (Why did I lent that weapon to him >_<)

This is something that gives the forum that little thing extra.
I love it, yes even enough to repeat myself

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
yay! I love the system!  :D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait, doesn't this mean that people will be judged by level instead of post count? XD Also, Zeriab, was I right about the algorithm?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
People are usually judged by rep I thought...
I bet my sister could figure it out!  ;8

EDIT:
You can still see peoples post count in their profile....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:56:16 PM by Mexneto »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I liked the post count :(
but this is neat as well.  :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
*looks at Silver*

Can't tell you  :'(
Just do some analyzing, plotting and guessing. You will be doing fine then I'm certain.
You could do the easy way with hacking. All that can happen is Silver catching 'n' banning you ^_^

Just enjoy the system.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
EDIT:

H4x! BANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBAN

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
EDIT:

If you absolutely must know somebody's postcount, you'll always be able to see it by going to their profile.

:)
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I saw it cause I'm changing my sig, so I went to my profile...and saw it!  ;8

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
I know what the algortithm is, Silverline gave it to me himself.  Not directly, but I still have it.  Unless he deleted it.  Then, I don't.  So, I probably don't.  :(

EDIT:  Yes, I do.  I have to decode it from PHP, though.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
You're an idiot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Hehehe... I saw it too. Just can't remember it.  :=:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think it has to do with square rooting and then some stuff.

Rep:
Level 102
No square roots here =p

I'm planning to update it probably sometime tomorrow so it shows the second part as a percentage.

So say your level could appear like this:

"Level 20 (88%)"

Or if it's one digit it adds a zero pad:

"Level 15 (30%)"

Or if your level is dead on;

"Level 54"
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Quote from: IRC
<Silverline> Red: y = x / 123 * 2
<Silverline> Blue: y = 50(1-e^(-0.001x))
<Silverline> Pink: y = (log(x))^3
One of those?

Rep:
Level 102
Silverline: http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6554/graphleveljk0.png
Silverline: Red: y = x / 123 * 2
Silverline: Blue: y = 50(1-e^(-0.001x))
Silverline: Pink: y = (log(x))^3

Silverline: (I'm not using any of those ftr)

Lol, it's not some huge secret really, I only put that in my post for lulz. Zeriab figured it out in a matter of minutes ;8
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, Zeriab's a genius. I'll figure this out in school tomorrow. I'll take my post count or something and then figure it out.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'll give you a hint, moo, someone with 1000 posts is level 27, and someone with 100 posts is level 9

Actually, I might be wrong, I'll go test it out
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:21:49 AM by modern algebra »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
And someone who's 10,000 is 70. Lol. I'll just have to make a value table or something.

EDIT: Wait, Ferenn is 101 posts and he's level 8.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I think I might have gotten it wrong  ;9

Ok, never mind, I just mixed it up a little.

Here's your new clue:

100 posts = Level 8

1000 posts = level 27

10000 posts = level 64

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:35:44 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Ok.

You should find a way to factor in joined dates, so elder members that don't post as much don't suffer.

LIKE ME. WHO JOINED OVER A YEAR AGO. BEING ONLY A FEW DECIMALS OVER MASTERMOO. WHO JOINED, LIKE, 3 MONTHS AGO.

:mad:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:35:20 AM by Samurai Pizza Karl »

:tinysmile::tinysmile: