RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask a Zombie professional.

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
The old topic in general chat was deleted, in lieu of this one.

I've studied Zombies for quite some time.
Logically, and seriously, and sometimes historically and jokingly.

Ask away.

Quote from: Djangonator & Irockman 1
<Irockman1>------Djang lacks a brain in that pic.
<Djangonator>---ur mom lacks a braen.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Do you honestly study fictional beings?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Did you seriously study zombies in a logical and historical way? If so, how?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
Do you honestly study fictional beings?

Yessir. The mythology behind them is quite entertaining. And they aren't fictional.
There are four definitions of Zombies:
1)An animated corpse that feeds on living beings.
2)A voodoo spell, with which to raise the dead.
3)A Voodoo Snake god.
4)One who acts lin a trance, or dazed-like state -(In reference to a zombie).

I've studied all four definitions.
The real one, of which the "idea" of Zombies originated (Voodoo) and the fake kind of Zombies, of which are dipicted in movies, like 28 days later, and 28 weeks later.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Did you seriously study zombies in a logical and historical way? If so, how?

Zombies, come from Voodoo. Apparently, (And this is VERY true) the Bokor (Voodoo Sorceror) would poison people with a special potion, to alter the heart fate and make them appear "dead". Once, after the proper amount of time was passed, they would "ressurect" the "zombies" and use them for whatever they needed. Basically, they enslaved them. As a zombie you had little mind of which to use. You could still perform basic funtion, but the ability to stop and ask "Why am I not getting payed?" is destroyed.
Science has yet to learn the mysterious liquids used in this ceremony, but it could be a great source for the future.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:08:15 PM by Sshadow »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
An animated corpse, that's the fiction one. A voodoo spell and a voodoo snake god? I'd have to say that's pretty fictional, too. And for the last one, that just sounds like someone who's sleepy. Where did you study these things? And how is is entertaining? It's pretty creepy to me.

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
An animated corpse, that's the fiction one. A voodoo spell and a voodoo snake god? I'd have to say that's pretty fictional, too. And for the last one, that just sounds like someone who's sleepy. Where did you study these things? And how is is entertaining? It's pretty creepy to me.

Online is a great resource. Books also. MANY books have been made on this subject. What got me started was a show I once saw a long time ago. It was about Voodoo, and this tapped my inner lust for knowledge, to ask if it was real. And as it turns out, it's not real, but NOT entirely false. I've traveled Haiti myself to speak with voodoo preists about it. Although tranaslation boundries were difficult, I learned what I could. I've never seen a ritual myself though. It has not been practiced in the open for some time.

Also, for the fictional kind, I know a great deal about too. Like the best weapon to use, and the actual virus from which this stems. I believe Max Brooks, son of Mel Brooks, has written a very in depth book about it.

What entertains me about it, is MOSTLY the fictional Zombies.
And as any general interest comes along for me, I must know the origins.
Yin/Yang, if you will.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Are you attracted to Zombies, like Furries are attracted to their respective fictional creatures?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
Are you attracted to Zombies, like Furries are attracted to their respective fictional creatures?

Oh wow, I did not see this coming.
As serious as your question may be, I could not help but chuckle.
I am not, in any way, attracted to the living dead, fiction, or historical.
I AM a SLIGHT necrophiliac, however.
Please DO NOT assume this means I have an erotic, attraction to corpes and the like.
A necrophiliac is defined as BOTH the erotic attraction, AND someone, who may have an obsession with corpses and death.

I am the second one, because I find myself slighty drawn to both death, and corpses.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's still pretty disgusting... Hmm.... How long have you... pursued this knowledge?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
That's still pretty disgusting... Hmm.... How long have you... pursued this knowledge?

It IS disgusting, but I have this unique gift to smell death, I can tell if a corpse is nearby by the smell, and I always seem to find them. Mostly small rodents and animals. But the smell, no matter if it's a human or an animal, is always the same. I've persued this knowledge since about age six. And even though my resources were limited, it was something I did. And once I really become older, I had chances to go to Haiti, and read documents and interview people.

So all in all, it's been around 11 years.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's pretty dang disturbing. How can you smell death? Do you smell a corpse or the act of killing? How beneficial is this knowledge?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!

Oh wow, I did not see this coming.
As serious as your question may be, I could not help but chuckle.
I am not, in any way, attracted to the living dead, fiction, or historical.
I AM a SLIGHT necrophiliac, however.
Please DO NOT assume this means I have an erotic, attraction to corpes and the like.
A necrophiliac is defined as BOTH the erotic attraction, AND someone, who may have an obsession with corpses and death.

I am the second one, because I find myself slighty drawn to both death, and corpses.

"Necrophilia" is a type of paraphilia. So if you were a "necrophiliac", you WOULD have a sexual attraction to death/corpses, whatever.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
That's pretty dang disturbing. How can you smell death? Do you smell a corpse or the act of killing? How beneficial is this knowledge?

No. The smell, isn't OF the act of killing, but rather, the smell of the deceased.
This knowledge, isn't benificial to me. But I've searched for missing people, for the Hiedi search center.
I can smell the corpse several hundred feet away. Almost as well as dogs can. Which sucks because people tell me I have no snese of smell for anything else.
=[
You can bet, I have the worst feeling in my stomach when I smell someone dead... who I was searching for, hoping she was alive...

"Necrophilia" is a type of paraphilia. So if you were a "necrophiliac", you WOULD have a sexual attraction to death/corpses, whatever.

nec·ro·phil·i·a (n?k'r?-f?l'?-?) pronunciation also nec·roph'i·lism (n?-kr?f'?-l?z'?m, n?-)
n.

1. Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
   2. Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.

I'm the FIRST one. I have an unhealthy obsession with corpses and death. I'm not sexually attracted to them. I've searched for a definition of what I am, and this is what I come up with.

If you find the difinition for someone who is JUST obsessed with death, and NOT sexaully attracted, then I'd be glad to have your help.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:46:23 PM by Sshadow »

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Do you believe in an afterlife?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
Do you believe in an afterlife?

A very vague question. I do not have a religion. So the afterlife is something I'm not very familiar with. As you can see, I tend to give way from beliefs, to science. I do believe, that any "Heaven" or "Hell" even if it IS true, would only be our own thoughts and mind, self inflicting pain on OURSELVES for what we think we have done wrong.
I truly believe God is a fictional charater, made by humans, FOR humans.

But that's something else. Maybe I should make an "Ask an Athiest" but I think that's been made.

Getting back to your question. No, I don't believe in the afterlife.
Although I'm hoping there is one, because even though I obsess over death, I'm afraid of it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
How can you believe in science but also believe in zombies? What happens to zombies in terms of an afterlife?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
How can you believe in science but also believe in zombies? What happens to zombies in terms of an afterlife?

I said I "give way" to science. There are many things we don't understand.
Zombies do not have a life. Life, in terms of humanology, is the presence of a spirit.
Zombies, are not technically alive.
So they CAN be defined as an afterlife, in their own right.
But for the most part, they lack life, and a spirit.
So once they are "destroyed" (You can't kill what's already dead) they are destroyed, and they cease to function.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Quote from:  Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Main Entry: nec·ro·phil·ia
Pronunciation: "ne-kr&-'fi-lE-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
: obsession with and usually erotic interest in or stimulation by corpses

A very vague question.

I meant it to be, specifically for the reason that I didn't care what your views on god or religion were. Just curious on what you thought about in terms of afterlife.

Next question: Do you plan on going into any specific career field parallel to your interests in death?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
I meant it to be [vague], specifically for the reason that I didn't care what your views on god or religion were.

I'm not sure I understand this logic? If you just wanted a straight answer, then why not ask a sraight question?
I'm sorry if I bored you with my religious life.
You're not mad at me for stealing that topic, are you?
It was an accident...

Quote from:  Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Main Entry: nec·ro·phil·ia
Pronunciation: "ne-kr&-'fi-lE-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
: obsession with and USUALLY erotic interest in or stimulation by corpses

Note the "usually".

Next question: Do you plan on going into any specific career field parallel to your interests in death?

I do wish to become an actor, and I hope to start in a zombie flick.
Aside from that, I don't think I'd like to become a zombie hunter or anything, if that the focus of your question.
[Edit]
I seem to be reading these questions wrong.
NO I do not wish to have a career, relating to, in any way, a corpse or death.
I've seen enough for my time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:10:52 PM by Sshadow »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Um, I'm pretty sure anybody can smell a dead body.

How do you believe this makes you special?
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
Um, I'm pretty sure anybody can smell a dead body.

How do you believe this makes you special?

Well...
It's more of an enhanced sense.
I cannot smell for shit.
My sense of smell is dead.
It's just that I can smell them, from very far away, or even if it's been buried.
Some cemetaries that do not do things correctly, can upset my stomach.
And it's ONLY death, only.
I smell this everywhere I go.
Off of another person, while driving, while walking.
Pretty much anywhere you go, there is a hint of death.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
So if I came up to you, would you smell death in me?

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
a- It was a yes or no question that I wanted a yes or no answer to ?_? and LOL no I'm not mad
b- Necrophilia is still considered a paraphilia, which means it's a "mental disorder that characterized by sexual fantasies, urges, or behaviors involving non-human objects, suffering or humiliation, children or other non-consenting person" according to the DSM-IV/-TR

So, we know when you started becoming interested in zombies, but WHY did you?

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
So if I came up to you, would you smell death in me?

That depends on if you had recently walk past a corpse of some sort.
Or had come into contact with someone who did.
Most people have at leasts LITTLE smell on them.
Barely noticeable though.
So I'm not sure.

a- It was a yes or no question that I wanted a yes or no answer to ?_? and LOL no I'm not mad
b- Necrophilia is still considered a paraphilia, which means it's a "mental disorder that characterized by sexual fantasies, urges, or behaviors involving non-human objects, suffering or humiliation, children or other non-consenting person" according to the DSM-IV/-TR

So, we know when you started becoming interested in zombies, but WHY did you?

1)OH! Sorry then. My answer is yes. =]
2)Okay, I get what you're saying, but what's the point of that differece? Do you WANT me to say I have fantasies about corpses? Or, are you just pointing out a mistake? (Seriously)

The sory:
One time, when I was young, I saw a really bad zombie movie, one of those old black and white ones.
For the longest time my uncle teased me, telling me they were real.
I trained myself for this "Army of Death" for when they came for me.
I would debate on the best weapon. [Meelee- Poles, spears, sticks, bats, and swords]
And the best escape route and vehicle. [Off road trucks, or a bicycle]
I watched tons of movies, figuring out the mistakes, and the triumphs.
Needless to say, this never happened.
Until one day I was watching the television.
And a documenty on voodoo came up.
I heard that this was the TRUE originatings of the "zombies".
I went to my local library and the rest is history.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
For the record, my question was really just a joke. I wasn't trying to turn this into a flame war, and I wasn't trying to accuse you of being sick or a sexual deviant. :\

:tinysmile::tinysmile: