RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trinity Project

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
This is a project that I've been working on for a while. I don't every little detail summed up, but I have the bulk of it down so that I can start telling people about it.

So here's the scoop:

This SERIES of games will take place in 4 chapters. Three with one main character and one that will conclude the saga. Here's the basics of what I got so far........

World
   The world is named Yukai. This world has existedfor eons and is nearing it's end. Occupied by nine intelligent life forms that have co-existed for several years, many confrontations have resulted. Wars ravaged supplies and destroyed resources. Technology is seldom found because of the massive energy needed to mass produce. Flowing water is hard to find. Minerals are growing scarce. The forests and wood are little. As a direct result of the inhabitants of this planets' confrontations, the planet's life span has been decreased. The end draws noticably closer by the day.

The Solution
   A legend. Hard to be motivated by such a story, but it's the only hope for this feeble existance. A legend of three people, skilled at what they do. The people of the legend are reffered to as "Trinity" in that their unity is boundless and unbreakable. The three seperatly cannot do too much, but together they were said to have slain legions of armies in the past wars. These three people need to somehow come together and find the Trinity Crystals. With the trinity crystals together with the power of the Trinity group, the planet will be restored to its former prosperous glory.

The Cast of Heros
   The cast ecentially consists of the three main characters, but there are MANY others. I may not name them all, but they will be there. I think by the end of this project, there will easily be around 60 characters that you'll get to have in your parties. In between all 4 games of course. Here They are........

Shoga
A skilled swordsmen with highly reviered skill. His youth paired with his prowess makes him appear like a living legend to anybody. Appears in Chapter One: The Dwindling Flame.

Ingrid
A fencer with unrivaled speed. At one point she was said to be the fastest living thing on the planet. With her combined knowledge of ninjitsu and childhood of theivery, she is a skilled tactician that no one would be able to get around. Appears in Chapter Two: Rough Obsidian.

Niko
Said to be the greatest archer on the planet. He can shoot a pigeon from the sky, sitting down on a paint can, sipping from a beverage. His ability to multi task and see things extremely far make him an excellent archer. Appears in Chapter Three: Fallen Arrowhead.

The Support Characters:

These are some of the characters that I'm planning on putting into the game. Some of them I thought of during the creation of the story, but others I still need to find a place for. There isn't too much details available on these characters for now, so try and bear with me. Here they are.....

NOTE: All the support characters listed are from Chapter One.
Yuu
Race: Human
Class: Fencer

Shyuu
Race: Vampire
Class: Vampire

Hall
Race: Inu-Terran
Class: Cleric

Tia
Race: Dunpeal
Class: Theif

Shon
Race: Neko-Terran
Class: Royal Guard

Shina
Class: Royal Guard

Yoko
Class: Berserker

Kyo
Class: Lancer

Kim
Class: Fencer

Kyle
Race: WereTiger
Class: Berserker

Ray and Rei
Race: Inu-Terran
Class: Psyclone Berserkers

Tam
Race: Crocket
Class: Defender

I'll update the list of support characters as I put them into the games. Look out for it.

Races
There are nine races in this series.

Human- What you hopefully are.
Inu-Terran- Half Dog half Human. Ecentially demon forms of human born with agenetic abnormality.
Neko-Terran- Half Cat half Human. Ecentially demon forms of human born with agenetic abnormality.
Vampire- A creature with shape shifting abilities. Has abnormal strength and speed, and cannot be exposed to direct sunlight due to skin sensitivity. Must drink blood for sustanance because they cannot produce lymphocites properly.
Dunpeal- Half Vampire half Human. They are ecentially the same as their parent Race in that they need blood to survive and have abnormal ability, but Dunpeals can go out in the sun for certain periods of time.
Crocket- Insect like Humans that usually possess vast knowledge due to their ecclerated brain activity. Thought they are slow in physical action, they eccel greatly in magic and psychosis.
WereTiger- The result of a genetic abominationcaused by human researchers. Human's spliced with tiger genes that give them a humanly shape with tiger qualities.
Merfolk- Sea people. Mermen and mermaids with legs and webbed feet and fingers that are able to breathe both in and out of the water. Though they have enhanced abilities in the water, they are extrenly weak on the ground.
Sages- A form of human that is so superior it doesn't seem like the same thing. They are bigger, stronger and more mentally capable than normal humans. Also, unlike normal humans, who have to learn psychosis abilities, Sages are born with the ability naturally.

That's pretty much all I'm gonna tell you guys for now, until I get more of this project done. I'll keep this post up to date for those of you that take interest. I'll try and post some screens soon, too.

Thank you for listening.

Bridget is SOOOOOOOOOOO kewl XD

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some new characters.

Setsuna - Shoga's childhood friend. Always tries to be there for Shogawhen he needs him.

Elliot - Setsuna's little sister. An over-educated schoolgirl who works as a librarian. Always looks concerned and has a short-fuse.

Mina - Shoga's little sister. Tends to get better at things rapidly. With her amazing  adaptability, many people know her as a growing figure of Hokai.

Sheila - Shoga and Mina's mother. A worrysome middle-aged lady that tends to be quite hyperactive for her age. She always seems to be busy with something.

Roy - Setsuna's cousin, Shoga's childhood rival. A mercenary from the Lan family. Enjoys battle and tends to take jobs that involve killing. Although he is a mercenary, his family is wealthy.

Town update

HOKAI- This is the city that you start the game in. This is basically some info on the city so that you can have an idea of Shoga's upbringing.

One of the biggest cities in Kurenai. Hokai is believed to be one of the first cities of its size to flourish without the massive usage of technology. With one of the largest populations in the world, Hokai has a considerble rate of crime. As a result, the classes were segregated into three dofferent districts, or living quarters. The larger criminal organizations were driven to the slums, which is now teeming with thugs of all sorts. With politics going off the meter and the government teetering in the balance, the authorities take it upon themselves to do what they like. As a direct effect of the corrupt authority, there are many under the table dealings from behind the scenes. With the government in constant jeopardy and the local authorities at large, the aristocracy grows more incompitent by the day. Hokai is constantly on the edge of disrepair. This fact is known throughout the city, but word of this corrupt natured city cannot reach outside the walls, as the militia is not organized, nor prepared for a war with another community.

NOTE: Kurenai is the name of the continent in which the chapter one game takes place.

If I had a scanner I'd post some screens of characters and what not, but I'll have to do it another time.

Thanks for listening.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Another game with potential  :D
I look forward to seeing screenshots  8)

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
For the record, I do belive this game is going to be HUUUUUUUUUGE considering my attempt at doing everything possible by hand. I'm the only artist on the project as well, so I may need colorists and what not to help me out.

But basically I just think all the games are gonna be pretty big, especially the last chapter.

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some screens of my game. I plan on changing all the default sprites once it's complete, but for now I'm gonna use the defaults.

My mapping could use a little work, but that's not really one of my strong points.....

That's it for now. SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Your maps look good to me, dude. A few things that can be fixed here and there, but overall they're not so bad.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
yeah, mot is right, good mappin, some more details and you

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
I guess my mapping isn't bad, but I'll do what I can do to fix what I see wrong. I'm finding trouble implementing various things to the game, but I'm sure I'll work all the kinks out by the time I release a demo.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
-TOPIC REVIVED!-

WOW, this sounds really good!   You're a great writer!  Sorry I never noticed this before...

Rep:
Level 90
I eat leather belts
It's all gewd. Writing and art are what I do best. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so I tend to try not to learn anything. If I get a taste of it, I'll wanna master it.

I'm currently doing alot of "Off-Scene" work with this title (drawings, writing story, etc etc.) so this game may not be updated until I'm done with Mugen Ryu.