RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event Trivia - mark has won!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I didn't finish what I wanted to write, but the score's right.
GilgameshRO: -2 because an answer, though not correct, was given.

Mark: +1 because question 1 was fully and correctly answered and question 2 was only partly answered.

You forgot the most important issue: "event 1 may not exist".
Why is this more important than being stuck?
If event 1 does not exist the game will crash.
If event 1 is placed some wierd place you'll only get stuck. You could imagine that you just could use another item or skill to teleport you out of it.

If you understand why it is unsafe you have better chance of preventing unsafety issues.
You can do this by being very consistent.
Just always use that system you've planed when making a new map,
You can see this in my GamosMapPack, where the first event in the levels is the start place.
I placed them to see where I should teleport to from other maps.
I used a unsafe common event simply because it was a short and easy way to solve the problem of having the ability to restart any given level.

Unsafe events can be very powerful, but also dangerous if you don't know what your dealing with. Therefore this 'real' event knowlegde is needed.

Edit: No new event will be posted before blueXx post the results as the chance of a winner is prominent.

Rep:
Level 91
only mark sent an answer

mark how to tell you that...
we are talking about 100 games ,even blaze would understand that every time he say a high number you say a low one and vice versa
it's still ok if the rich lady is a moron...
it's not really likely though...

here is my solution:

2 lines longer than yours (removing message and opening random)
and yet no matter what she will never be able to find out
(if she said 7 only if my number was 7 it would become 8, though for her 7 i could get every number but 7)

you got 2 points for making it shorter but i am going to damage your score for having such an obvious pattern, sorry.

i think 5 points are enough so in total -3

so that as you can see the table is

1. -6 points - mark
2. -15 points - GilgameshRO
3. -22 points - halo
4. -24 points - d"d

d"d is out for having the lowest score
however halo doesn't stand a chance anymore and he gets removed too

with -6 and -15 it's still possible if mark gets it wrong and gilg gets the next one perfectly right (assuming we are playing +2 to -10)

but i'll leave that judgement to zeriab, the next riddle is his.( if there will be one)
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 92
I had one lying around anyway, so I'll post it.
The possibility of GilgameshRO winning is still there, but it will require both skill and luck.
As this is the final event you will get 48 hours from the start of this post to answer.

This time you have to design an event. No questions, just this one event with the requirements.
You do not have to consider the triggering condition of the event.

Let Q, R and S represent the trueness of 3 switches where true means the switch is turned on and not true means the switch is turned off. The following actions must be taken under the circumstances:

Action 1: Q AND R
Action 2: !Action1 and S

No further actions are necessary.

For those who don't understand wtf I am saying here's a version easier to understand:
This time you have 3 switches. They are called Q, R and S.
You must make an event so it will do certain action when Q and R are ON. This action will be called Action 1
This event must also do a certain action when S is ON. This action will be called Action 2
There is also another condition. If Q and R are ON so Action 1 is triggered then Action 2 must not be triggered regardless of S's state.
No further actions are necessary.

You must illustrate the placement of the action by inserting a comment containing "Action 1" for Action 1 and "Action 2" for Action 2. Make NO other comments.
You may place the same action (1 or 2) several times in the event under the condition that a action cannot be triggered several times.

Now you may say: This can easily be done with conditional branching.
Yes, it can. There is however a catch. If your event works it will be awarded points.
Your event receives 1 point per branch or something similar.

If your event receives 3 points your answer is consider to be full.
Receiving less points is better and more is worse.

Also an excess use of lines will also be taken into account.

Now begin eventing!!!

Rep:
Level 92
First of, here's my solution:

The only one who actually answered was mark with this:
Quote from: mark
[img=http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5564/finalanswer9ie.th.jpg]

I did not change the tags to actually show the image because I though you didn't do that to prevent breaking the layout.

Anyway your event is wrong.
Consider the following to be true:
    1. Q is ON
    2. R is OFF
    3. S is ON[/list:u]

Under those circumstances should action 2 be triggered, but your event does not trigger  action 2. In fact it does nothing under those circumstances.

You will receive -5 points.

GilgameshRO will receive -10 points for not answering.

Results:
    1. -11 point

Rep:
    Level 91
    yay only -11 points...
    all of the questions were easy, we didn't manage to take you to the hard part
    none of you is worthy of being called an eventer, i hope you realize that.
    actually the person who impressed me the most
    no, delete that, the only person that showed signs to skill is gilg which decided he doesn't have to answer the last 2 questions, of course resulting in a loss.
    (but sadly he didn't manage to answer those questions perfectly now did he?)

thanks for playing...
    actually hardly anyone played
    most of you ran away crying (aka stopped answering or admitted the running)

good luck on the other sections of rm. >>

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
    Rep:
    Level 93
    The RGSS Dude
    Quote from: blueXx
    yay only -11 points...
    all of the questions were easy, we didn't manage to take you to the hard part
    none of you is worthy of being called an eventer, i hope you realize that.
    actually the person who impressed me the most
    no, delete that, the only person that showed signs to skill is gilg which decided he doesn't have to answer the last 2 questions, of course resulting in a loss.
    (but sadly he didn't manage to answer those questions perfectly now did he?)

thanks for playing...
    actually hardly anyone played
    most of you ran away crying (aka stopped answering or admitted the running)

good luck on the other sections of rm. >>

Lol, why so pesimistic?

Maybe next time, do (much) harder questions, and a week to solve them? Lol, that way I'd be able to answer them. I usually only have access once or twice a week.

EDIT: Forgot to congradulate Mark, congratz dude, you won with, *checks*, -11 points!!! rofl
    "The wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is Tiggers are wonderful things
    Their tops are made out of rubber
    Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
    But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
    Level 97
    Definitely better than Hitler.
    2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
    LOL

Well, I didn't quite "quit", I just forgot about several things I had to do for school, and it all caught up to me at once. Although, I won't make any excuses, I'm sure I wouldn't have won if everyone had played.

Maybe next time I'll be more active.  :twisted:

[LMAO]Congratulations mark.[/LMAO]
    :tinysmile:

Rep:
    Level 91
    yar tsu, you are the one person that got a good excuse cause you said you don't have access to rm too often really long ago
    (and halo, i thought you just forgot to answer like you did in "clue" ~.~)

but if we will make another one of those with hard questions everyone will reach -200 or so after 1 question ~.~

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
    Yay...
    It's not i like i won...more like i was deserted :roll: .
    Anyway,thank's to BlueXx and Zeriab.I really learned a whole deal with this thing.Especially with variables.See,im still quite new to the rpg making scene,and i had just started fidling with variables,so this really helped me a lot.That last answer thought,makes me wanna hide in a whole and not come out again.I managed to f#<k up the only answer i actually knew!!Now the one before that ,of the rich Lady:Blue,i knew that it was to obvious,but i just couldn't do any better.I spent a lot of time,reserching about variables,random numbers,even how to make percentages and stuff.In the end,that's all i came up with.Even thought i knew about the obvious pattern,i sent it anyway,in the hopes i could still get some points(wich i did).But after seeing your answer.It looks so simple and so easy,and then you just think "how couldn't i think of that?".But truth is i couldn't.But know if i ever face something similar,i'll know what to do.That's why i'm very happy to have played this,regardless of any opinions here,i think it helped me alot.So thanks to the two guys in charge.Oh,and thanks to everyone for deserting me!! :evil:
    "Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
    Level 91
    yep, mark truely is the winner of this little topic.
    it's just such a shame everyone else decided to flee as soon as they lost the leadership >>

also, about the rich lady, i thought of a better way, i rushed doing the first

basicly doing what i did give 2/13 chance for the number above the guess to show up

to avoid that, you could loop the randomizing like

loop
    -c14number = rand(1,13)
    -if c14number == richladynumber then
    --(nothing)
    -else
    --end loop
    repeat

this will give every number an equal chance and will be impossible to spot even if you make a number chart

Rep:
    Level 92
    It does seem like mark is the true winner.
    There might be some stalkers (people just reading, not post) around. If any of them learned something that's good too.
    Also you should know the existence of problems that look similar to the ones we made, where the smart solution does not work. The solution may indeed be totally different. Keep that in mind when trying to solve a problem.
    If you consider the girl changing appearance depeding on the ground With maps that are not so linear, like this one:

Another solution is better, but it involves a tiny bit of scripting:

The conditional branch should be called with:
    $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x,$game_player.y)==0
    You can't see the whole line on the picture though.

Anyway you just have to give the sand another terrain tag and you're running.
    The only problem is that you have to use some RGSS-code.

That event is however out of this topics scope, therefore we didn't include it, but I'm showing it now as it might prove useful.