RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Mysterious Cities Of Gold

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hello, I recently finished my very first RPG Maker 2003 project called ''The Mysterious Cities Of Gold''. Here are some screenshots (old and outdated, now the game use different fonts and have a minimap on the worldmap with cursor showing your location):

Trailer (old too): http://youtube.com/watch?v=TtmUHgUfkns

The oldest people on this forum, especially french and japaneese people, probably are familiar with an old anime/cartoon serie where in the 16th century, 3 kids with 3 spanish men went to search for 7 cities of gold in South America. Dating back in 1982, this co-french-japaneese production was shown on TV over here every summer until 2001 or 2002, then released as a 6 DVD pack containing all 39 episodes and bonuses afterward. All episodes are avaliable by searching Youtube in english, altough badly translated.

The RPG version of MCOG is meant to be some kind of sequel to this TV serie. The story occurs after the one in the original TV show. You start in a small area of Barcelone, however there is something different since a few days ago. Every night a very huge star can be noticed in the lowest part of the sky, and doesnt move like the other stars as earth rotate. Zia, the girl kid, tells the two others, Esteban and Tao, that this star comes from a foreing kingdom Southwest from here. It appeared because Gaspard, who was thought to be dead, came in the kingdom to get treasures in the 6 others cities of gold located here, but they are sacred. If they get in bad hands, a curse will be unleashed on the entire kingdom, causing monsters to be summoned everywhere in the place, and if the thief reach the Orb that emit that light that make it look like there is a huge star in the sky at night, something very bad will happen in the entire world. So the 3 kids jouney starts once again...

This RPG features many things from most RPGs and a quite good and long storyline for a freeware RPG. If you are quick you will take at least 15 or 16 hours to finish the game, but some RPG lover prefer to explore everywhere and want to finish all side quests so if you are one you may end up playing this game for at least 30 hours! There is over 300 maps to explore and several dungeons and side quests.

Download link: http://omnimaga.unitedti.org/mcog2.zip

As you could see, yes, most of my tiles are 2003 RTP. Those who aren't are scaled down graphics from XP and there maybe only 10 tiles made by me. Same apply for monsters and some of the charsets. Other charsets were done in Charas.Ex . I know people here doesn't like RTPs from 2003 very much, but since I suck very bad at art and it is my first RPG Maker project, I decided to focus more on the non graphical elements of the game. Don't worry, in my next RPG Maker project, I'll make my own tiles and use monsters graphics other than the RTPs. Also I'll make my own music. But for now, this is what I have to offer. -.-

I still hope you like the game though despite of the graphics. :)