RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
1 of the new consoles ?

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Is assasins creed on Playstation Xbox and wii ?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm having the same dilema..  what it comes down to for me is Zelda vs Oblivion..  Have any of you guys played either?  Which is more fun?
I played both, but I think I am biased because I love fps games.  But think of all the other great games Wii has.  Wii is the best.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.

Yes, except Wii, though.

I just can't trust Nintendo no more. There games are too kiddy and how much fun can you have with the Wii remote? The Wii remote won't and doesn't work with all games. Some games are meant to be played the old fashion way. Nintendo should have never slacked on the graphics and hardware. Why couldn't they just have the remote and great graphics? Also think about games that are on all consoles. Lets take NHL 2008 or NBA. On the Wii you can probably throw controller around and that is about it. On the other systems, you have stunning graphics, a bit of movement from the PS3, increased content, and amazing presentation. The PS3 and XBox 360 have better hardware and DVD discs. They have more content and more to offer. The Wii experience doesn't match up to the experience of the others. Plus, we know how Nintendo is. "We like to make unique games," yeah, games that suck ass. :mad:

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90

Yes, except Wii, though.

I just can't trust Nintendo no more. There games are too kiddy and how much fun can you have with the Wii remote? The Wii remote won't and doesn't work with all games. Some games are meant to be played the old fashion way. Nintendo should have never slacked on the graphics and hardware. Why couldn't they just have the remote and great graphics? Also think about games that are on all consoles. Lets take NHL 2008 or NBA. On the Wii you can probably throw controller around and that is about it. On the other systems, you have stunning graphics, a bit of movement from the PS3, increased content, and amazing presentation. The PS3 and XBox 360 have better hardware and DVD discs. They have more content and more to offer. The Wii experience doesn't match up to the experience of the others. Plus, we know how Nintendo is. "We like to make unique games," yeah, games that suck ass. :mad:

Good that takes 1 care away !

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well they carry the RE series, and the Wiimote is more fun than any controller.  If they had great graphics, the system would be huge and ugly, and I like the graphics.  I don't want DVD discs on my game system, its a GAME SYSTEM.  Wii is better than all the other companies out there, and if by games that suck ass you mean Legend of Zelda, Mario, and all the other videogame classics, then yes, I suppose they can't make a game. 

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
I have a Wii, though I very much dislike it. I actually despise it.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well you can go fuck yourself, because it is the best system ever  ;8

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If I was you... I would buy a new PC, or upgrade your graphics card and Buy Crysis... It's the only game you will ever need.

Oh... Hold on...

White Knight on the PS3 looks amazing... and Blu-ray is amazing...

The XBox 360 isn't much better than the Xbox... and the WII is just a toy.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Well you can go fuck yourself, because it is the best system ever  ;8

I really don't know, but for some reason I actually get no enjoyment out of playing any of the games for it. As for the PS3 I enjoy just staring at it and playing with the menu.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I can't believe how much you people hate the Wii. Is it because Nintendo pulled off a great console again? Is it because you thought Nintendo was dead after the Gamecube? Do you honestly think the Wii's a toy? It's a game console with innovative controls. Just because  something's different doesn't mean it's a toy, or a gimmick. You can sit down and play games like you could in the past. Do graphics surpass gameplay to you guys? The graphics aren't ugly, but they aren't 'amazing.'

I think some of you are just afraid to try something new.

And nets07, you can go
fuck yourself

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
ITT: new-gen console elitism

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
     Well, other than Nets, I think all the wii-bashers who haven't actually played one for more than a demo at some electronics store should certainly reconsider, if not ashamed for making such harsh commentar against a perfectly good gaming medium. The wii most certainly takes a lot of getting used to, but in the end it is a far better controller. Less time spent worrying about graphics means more time that can be put into making the game longer and deeper. Perhaps you should consider that. And unique games do not, "suck". The latest iteration of Wario Ware, for example, is a fantastic game than can be played and replayed for a vast amount of time. The new Zelda game (although not nearly difficult enough) was barrels of fun. I suspect the new Mario game will be no less.

Furthermore:

Since when did videogames become some war where you had to pledge your allegiance to some company's console? Videogames. Not Videoconsoles. The whole point is to play a good game, not say "I love *box" or "*3" or "*tendo *". Personally, I wanted to buy a PS3. All of my favorite series are pretty much Sony exclusive. That doesn't mean I threw a hissy-fit when I was forced to op for a Wii or get nothing. Yes, there are no visible improvements in GRAPHICS over the old system, but the games themselves are a brand new experience. Yes, the Wiimote is a very new and different concept, but isn't this what the supposed "hardcore gamer" community has been clambering for all along? And yet, when it does finally reveal itself, they tear into it? Well, damn! Why bother? I am suddenly reminded of the flash movie, "Is this what you want?" rather strongly. This is not to say I am not partial to the other systems. I love the Playstation 2. I love it not only because I think the controller is perfect for what I love to play most, but because I get more of what I want, with plenty of sequels. I find something I like, I complete it, and then there's more. I don't care if it's the same game, because then it's just like playing an extension of the last one I played, and if I bought this one then I must have liked the last one a lot. And though I have never played an X-box for more than a few hours, I have respect for it also. The multiplayer, when you have the right amount of people, is endless entertainment. It wasn't hard to learn, and using the somewhat complicated controller quickly became almost second nature to me. Plus, I was very much impressed with the hit titles that those working for the system produced. Every console has it's pros and cons, there's no use fighting about it.

The console's strength or value is meaningless, as it is nothing more than a vessel. The console wars, doubly meaningless. The point of games is to relax and enjoy yourself with a game made to push the limits and make a name for itself as the ultimate time waster. There's no point in arguing over how you do it. It's like everybody is driving to the amusement park, and suddenly the whole group starts saying someone sucks for arriving in a Chevy. Why bother? Get past it, and go ride the roller coaster and eat funnel cake.

And nets07, you can go
fuck yourself

See that? Completely unneccesary.

...the WII is just a toy.

Also not required of him in any way.

The topic was a simple question. "Which do I buy, I personally do not want a Wii." And within...a page, even. (Sad.) It's turned into this...B.S.

Just stop the madness and go play whatever system. Gaming is about the games.

Now to make my answer to the question in this topic:

Find one with the most games that interest you, and GOGOGO.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
okay so arrow wrote an essay on my thesis

thank you arrow

Rep:
Level 96
I actually didn't see yours until I went to post mine.

We really are brothers ;8

Rep:
Level 88
Welcome to the Console Wars

Anyway, I don't play games very much anymore. I support the Wii because of its innovative gameplay. Its getting closer to my dream of ultimate virtual-reality. I support the PS3 because I have seen what Sony can do and I think it will be a good console. And finally, I support Xbox 360 because fo the nice casual games that are made on that system fo rpeople who aren't insanely into games.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The Xbox 360 has a great array of games...

But the PS3 looks and feels better...

I think in about 6 months the PS3 will be so far ahead this topic would be null and void...

Try viewing Fight Night Round 3 on both consols... you will see what one is most superior...

I don't think the PS3 is a waste of cash, when you can't yet get a Blu-Ray player for any thing less than you would pay for the PS3.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
You know I never finished Twilight Princess, wasn't as I expected it. The reason I do not like the Wii, is that the games I like would be kind of weird on the Wii, and all my favorite series are mostly PS3 exclusives(some going to 360). Most of the types of games I like for example basketball games, Action/Adventure i.e God of War, RPGs like Final Fantasy(NOT Crystal Chronics) would not really appropriate for the Wii. I'm not saying the Wii is a Horrible System, I'm saying that some games genres many people like can't be made for the Wii. So please don't tell me to go f*** myself because I'm not saying Wii is horrible and I'm not trying to insult anyone in anyway Including Nintendo.

Rep:
Level 96
See? That's the proper reason to not like a console.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

Yes, except Wii, though.

You people.... :kill:

Not only do you rely on graphics to define a good game, you also have no gaming sense what so ever. Pretty games on PS3 are useless, why would you go and spend 60$ on graphics and not 60$ on game play. People like you know nothing. Every single Mario sidescroller has not only been a blast, but it's better than almost every "pretty game" out there. Games can be fun and pretty. Yet it's sony's PS3 who takes out the "F" in fun and adds a "C" and "T".

I can't believe how much you people hate the Wii. Is it because Nintendo pulled off a great console again? Is it because you thought Nintendo was dead after the Gamecube? Do you honestly think the Wii's a toy? It's a game console with innovative controls. Just because  something's different doesn't mean it's a toy, or a gimmick. You can sit down and play games like you could in the past. Do graphics surpass gameplay to you guys? The graphics aren't ugly, but they aren't 'amazing.'

I think some of you are just afraid to try something new.

And nets07, you can go
fuck yourself

I respect you. Although RMRK+ Advance can keep you.

Hmm....but the graphics on the Wii are better than GC.

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Alright, I'm locking this topic because you're all stupid. Snailer, you got some recommendations, but this is turning into too much of a shitfest.