RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sealed Stronghold (not your ordinary puzzle game) *9 levels*

Rep:
Level 90
Download the game 1 MB
http://cixe.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/rpg/SealedStronghold.exe

9 full levels! (originally there were 6) Install this over your old install and your saves *might* work

UPDATE 1: New rocks! Red rocks and yellow rocks. Red rocks when touched magically move forward instead of being pushed. With normal rocks, the player would follow forward pushing the rock. New yellow rocks work via a teleporter. You step into the yellow teleporter, press a button and the player is exchanged for the yellow rock.

PRELUDE: Done in RPGXP, this is a little puzzle game I made 6 weeks ago. I haven't touched it since, so I think I will release it. It is not your average push block puzzle game.

Not only do you push blocks, but you avoid spikes, and control robot warriors to guide them to the safety of the exit. Give it a try, tell me what you think.

To make things more difficult there is a par time. Beat the par, go to the next level. Don't beat the par... eh you beat the level, but you don't go to the next. Oh yeah to spice things up, there are also jump plates to leap across spikes.

link to page :
http://cixe.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/rpg/index2.html

Tell me what you think, tell me if the link is broken. Here are some of the photos, they are huge, so I am only posting two. You can go to the site to see more.

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Very interesting. I have't played it yet, but it looks great.
The force is strong with this one. LOL I'll try it later.  8)

I love puzzle games.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Puzzle games pwn. This seems like Zeriab's mini-game, only more in-depth. I'll definately be trying this out.
:tinysmile:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I like it.
The idea that you have to control a robot is good.

There is one thing in level 5:
You can walk on the grass. It gives a feeling that you just can walk all over the puzzle. I don't like that.

On level 6 the game crashes. This can be because I may have a corrupt dll-file.
Other than that it is a good game.

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: Zeriab
I like it.
The idea that you have to control a robot is good.

There is one thing in level 5:
You can walk on the grass. It gives a feeling that you just can walk all over the puzzle. I don't like that.

On level 6 the game crashes. This can be because I have a corrupt dll-file.
Other than that it is a good game.

You shouldn't be able to walk on the grass, I will look and see if I can duplicate it. You have the corrupt dll file or is it in the game itself. And hmmm... I wonder why it would glitch in level 6. There are jump plates and the dragoon in level 6.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 92
I meant that I might have a corrupt dll-file. I will investigate this.
A fix to the grass sounds good.

Edit: I had corrupt dll-files. I got some uncorrupted and it works fine

Edit2: I don't like you follow after the stone when pushing it. It is very annoying on level 7 as you have to time your pushing right or else you've end up on the spikes.
Also I am in assuming level 7 being last?

Rep:
Level 90
I meant that I might have a corrupt dll-file. I will investigate this.
A fix to the grass sounds good.

Edit: I had corrupt dll-files. I got some uncorrupted and it works fine

Edit2: I don't like you follow after the stone when pushing it. It is very annoying on level 7 as you have to time your pushing right or else you've end up on the spikes.
Also I am in assuming level 7 being last?

You should assume that you can't beat level 7 at all, due to the push rock. I thought about fixing the push feature, but realisticly, if you are pushing something, you follow it. If you throw something then it would go with its own momentum. I will think of something if I continue the project.

Rep:
Level 92
I see the logic in that.
I just thought when having pushing all the rocks unto the buttons. What now?

Realistically, if you push something you move in the other direction.
Realistically, if you stop pushing something it will continue an given amount of time.
I just thought you had to make a run-up before being to give the rock enough force for it to slide long enough.

Besides in the case of a choice between maintaining reality versus maintaining gameplay I will always chose to maintain gameplay.

Rep:
Level 90
I see the logic in that.
I just thought when having pushing all the rocks unto the buttons. What now?

Realistically, if you push something you move in the other direction.
Realistically, if you stop pushing something it will continue an given amount of time.
I just thought you had to make a run-up before being to give the rock enough force for it to slide long enough.

Besides in the case of a choice between maintaining reality versus maintaining gameplay I will always chose to maintain gameplay.

I suppose one should not get involved in a discussion of realism in a game. An object would continue, but there is friction and gravity, hence why the object stops when your character stops pushing.

Anyway, I know it is a problem, I will get to it if I chose to continue the project :-) That's why there are only 6 levels. There is a 7th, but you cannot beat it.

Rep:
Level 92
That's good.
After pushing all the stones to the buttons I just thought: "What the...?"
Anyway it being solved if you continue the project is a good prospect.

Rep:
Level 90
I've updated the download, new types of rocks, new switches, and 3 new full / playable levels. :-) Making a total of 9.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
I guess i'm really dumb,cuz i can't get past level three!LOL.I have to ask for help.I'm sure its very simple,but i have tried,and i failed! :oops:
ok,so the last rock,you only have one space,that gets filled by the rock,how am i supost to get behind it and push it???
Here's the pic,so you can see what i mean.
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 90
Quote from: mark
I guess i'm really dumb,cuz i can't get past level three!LOL.I have to ask for help.I'm sure its very simple,but i have tried,and i failed! :oops:
ok,so the last rock,you only have one space,that gets filled by the rock,how am i supost to get behind it and push it???
Here's the pic,so you can see what i mean.

Come in from the north... you can push a stone tile to tile or you can push it out of the tile. So fill that last one first, then fill the rest :-)

Oh I'm also happy that the game isn't a breeze. Because push rocks have been done to death, its tough being challenging. I think there should be challenges with the 7th-9th levels, due to jump plates and different colored blocks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Meh...i thought once the rock was inside the thing,you couldn't get it out...
Thanks,and really cool game!! 8)
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Rep:
Level 92
You still got the problem with level 5.
The grass is walkable.
This makes the level quite easy because you can just steer the robot through the grass and into the goal.

At level 8 (or 7) there's 1 button being partiel hidden. I think you should illuminate it a little, or in another manner visualize it.

It says PUZZLE 1 at level 9.

At level 9 there's an extra button where you start.
This is not used though.

It's some nice levels you've made. I like 7 and 8 the best.

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Gaming Hearts Studios Director
I like it, but It's real phasy on my computer for some reason....I dunno, I only got to level 5 because the phasing got on my nerves.

Rep:
Level 90
You still got the problem with level 5.
The grass is walkable.
This makes the level quite easy because you can just steer the robot through the grass and into the goal.

That could have been a secret :-)

At level 8 (or 7) there's 1 button being partiel hidden. I think you should illuminate it a little, or in another manner visualize it.

Eh the game is easy enough, something has to provide a challenge.

It says PUZZLE 1 at level 9.

Fixed, it will be in the next update.

At level 9 there's an extra button where you start.
This is not used though.

Yeah, I noticed that too after I uploaded it.

I've made a 10th level for the next update, where the robot warrior has to push the stones for you. Also it will be 2 stones on the correct 2 triggers will open the door.

Rep:
Level 92
Quote from: maia
That could have been a secret :-)

Ups...  :oops:
If you want I can remove that.

Anyway the fixes sounds nice. :D
I'll look forward to your next version.

Rep:
Level 90
Another fun little thing in the next version will be mine cart puzzles :-)

Rep:
Level 92
That sounds sweet!     :D

Rep:
Level 90
Its been a month. Since then due to a RPGXP error, I lost all of the scripts and common events. So I've had to go back and redo things. The trigger tile scripts and the spike scripts are more stable than they originally were. I went through each level and detailed everything a little more to make it look less bland. I have added 2 new levels.

The robot also can now push blocks with a special button. Its the whole point of levels 10 and 11.

I have also added another dimension to the game, you can pick your own character, just to be more eye pleasing, and it comes into play with other puzzles.