RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2 Q's How To Make It Night And Be Able Use Key Items

Rep:
Level 87
Any Way I Be able to make event and it gose night and stay night till i make it go moring agan any one? And is the any way like put a sword on the wall and take it off agan and be able to reuse it Like on pokermon gold where your able to adjust your House? thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:34:38 AM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yes, just use the tint screen to change the darkness and color.

And, I don't understand your second question.

Rep:
Level 87
My second one is kinder hard i bet no one knows how to do it any way.

I Want to make something like you take a book and you put it down in your house on the game and you be able to remove it and put it back any time?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You just need to set up a couple events. One for the place where you get the book, and one for the book itself. The first event for the bookshelf needs to have your option for taking the book out, and it needs to turn on a self-switch if you select yes, and then it should have a second page which looks like this:

Conditional Branch: [Book] is in inventory
   Text: Would you like to put the book back?
   Show Choices: Yes, No
   WHen Yes
     Control Self-Switch: [A] OFF
   When No
   Branch END
Else
   Text: THere is nothing interesting in the bookshelf
Branch END

Then you should have another event which has no graphic, but has through on, and is set to Fastest Speed and Highest Frequency on an Approach movement path. It should also be set so that it has a precondition of the [Book] switch being on.

I am not sure how you want the ability to place the item down, if you want it to be when you use the item in your inventory, or if you just want it so that if you press enter, it gives you the option to put it down. The only majot difference is the use of a common event, rather than just setting it up inside the book event itself. Either way, what you want the event to do is turn on a self-switch which shows the book, essentially. Just tell me how you want the event to go, and I'll tell you the rest.

There might be an easier way, but this is the first that popped into my mind.

Rep:
Level 87
You Use It As A Item Wen You Go To A Book Or Something You Get As A Item Whats Not useble I Can Work out how to put a book down but i dont no how to remove it

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What do you mean it's not useable?

Are you trying to use it as a key or something? And so there is only a certain place where you can put it down? Or do you want to be able to put it down anywhere?

Rep:
Level 87
Use It Like A Key But You Can Remove it as well

Rep:
Level 97
yes, but do you want the player to be able to put it down anywhere, or just at certain spots? Removing it is easy, all you have to do is put in the event where you have placed the book down a question to pick it back up with the yes option changing your items and turning the switch off. I can make a demo for you, but just answer this question:

Do you want the item to be allowed to drop anywhere, or only in specific places?

Rep:
Level 87
Anywhere Please if you can if not in a specific place
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:08:58 PM by DrHojo »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Hmm...
This doesn't seem to be resolved yet.
I'll remove the tag so people can find their way to this topic to help you ^_^