RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Hunt the Cows

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Okay, I was planning on getting feedback from Zeriab before I posted this but I think he is away now so I'm just going to post it. This requires the use of many switches and variables (under 10) :D I'm not sure people would put this into their games. XD Also, being able to get prizes and stuff, I can do, but I just didn't do it yet. Hope people like it! Also, please give feedback.

You are now able to set the amount of cows you want! Remember that more cows = more lag.

Technically, this fulfills requirements. It has screenshots, character info, a demo of 15 minutes (if you make it that long ;D) and story basics. ;D

Story:
Spoiler for Story:
As you all know, I am the King of Cows (not a cow myself *Cough*). I decided that I have too many cows so I have hosted this event called "Hunt the Cows." Join others in the race to kill (er capture) many cows! Earn rewards (only one so far)!

Character Info:
Spoiler for The one and only...:

Zeriab! Not knowing what he looks like, I have assumed that he looks like Arshes/Aluxes.
Name: Zeriab
Job: Cow Hunter
Hobbies: Killing (er capturing) cows.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for Entrance:

This is where you begin. I made it so that when you walk all the way down and say yes to leaving, it shuts off the game. ;D You can read what the tree sign and the wooden sign say.

Spoiler for Inside:

This is inside of the huge tower. You can talk to a couple of things. Talk to the girl to begin the minigame.

Spoiler for Minigame Grounds:

A couple of events here.... COWS! ;D

Spoiler for BUG!!!!!!!!:

LAWL!!! I forgot that this could happen. This screenshot is courtesy of Zeriab.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:18:23 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The timer stopped, but nothing happened. :o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think I forgot to set something to parallel process... Game is removed for now.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes I noticed that too. Also, when she asks you if you want to play, and after she says yes, she can still keep asking you the same question(not that it matters)

Otherwize, great system. It was fun(The 50 cow was the first one I found) Maybe if they werent as crazy and/or had abnormal movement it would be a bit better.

Just suggestions
Sig by MacGravel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I did abnormal/crazy movement because I was too lazy to set move paths. If I did, however, it would be easy to tell where they go. In addition to that, the events get moved around randomly so that'd be weird. I'll change the girl now.

EDIT: Changes made and a new version is up.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:23:24 AM by mastermoo420 »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ffs everything was going fine then this one cow made me chase it for almost 30 seconds.  :tpg:

P.S. When timer stops, still nothing happens.

Edit: I just looked at your event; I think the bug's due to you doing the 'erase event' command on the page one of the autostart/parallel-checking event. It's unnecesary and it erases the event before it can do the parallel checking, so removing that line should make it work.

Edit2: Confirmed. And I got 140 points or something. :'(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:37:41 AM by Reives »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Edit: I just looked at your event; I think the bug's due to you doing the 'erase event' command on the page one of the autostart/parallel-checking event. It's unnecesary and it erases the event before it can do the parallel checking, so removing that line should make it work.
LAWL I'M SUCH A DUMBSHIT. I'll change it. Oh yeah. I forgot. I forgot to erase your scores once you get it. And chasing is fine. You're hunting. UPDATE TIME!

EDIT: OMFG! YOU CAN LOOK INTO MY GAME?!?!? T_T

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Yes, we have mind powers.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wow, spam. Anyways, update! I added some new features (get 200 points to find out ;)) and I think some bugs have been fixed as I have tested it myself.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Bump de hump doo-ba doo bump de hump, doo bop. Hump de bump doo-ba doo.

BUMP BUMP.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Is it okey to see some screens please?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
CRAP! The person doesn't start in the right spot. Downloads will be down for now. And sure, screenshots will be up as soon as the downloads are.

EDIT: Things are up. Hope people give feedback, both negative or positive. No flaming, though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:27:32 PM by mastermoo420 »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
This is a special idea  :tpg:
I like the insanity and stupidity in the game.

It requires some touching up before it is finished.
If you want the cows to reappear if you enter the game again just erase the event instead of turning on local switches.
If you want their positions to be random you should arrange them at startup

I think you should add the ability to stop the game if all cows are caught.
You should allow the player to specify the number of cows in 2 digits ^_^
Well... You can make max whatever you feel like.

A couple of things to think about ;)

P.s. I meant it as a joke when I said you should make a cow hunting game  :P

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
UPDATE! You can set the number of cows you want (1 - 99). Remember that more cows = more lag. Also, I'm not sure if it is bugfree. By the way, Mods, is this considered a full project?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:48:39 PM by mastermoo420 »

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Ffs everything was going fine then this one cow made me chase it for almost 30 seconds.  :tpg:

P.S. When timer stops, still nothing happens.

Edit2: Confirmed. And I got 140 points or something. :'(

Just make an extra switch (so when the girl talks the switch goes on), and a common event (with the switch), make a conditional branch, choose Timer or whatever it says, then it should be equal to or less than 00:00 and then Teleport if the timer's at the given time. Also remember to remove the timer, and turn the switch off. Sry if this doesn't work, I haven't tested.
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
WoW... great Necropost. Next time Demonic, though it was helpful, we generally don't respond to problems in threads from 7 months ago. Thanx
Sig by MacGravel