RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NASVBS

Rep:
Level 87
If you're wondering, NASVBS stands for Non-Animated Side-View Battle System. It's a small script edit designed by me. The long name for this script is just to fit into the trend of battle systems being called things like: Time Action Turn Based Physical Mouse Input With Cherries On Top Battle Sytem.
TATBPMIWCOTBS for short.
(Not, that battle system doesn't actually exist, but if it did that would be cool.)

At the bottom Game_Actor in the script editor are these things:
Code: [Select]
Get Battle Screen X-Coordinate
and
Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate
Copy the Get Battle Screen X-Coordinate section, and paste it over the Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate section.
Now comes the important part.
Where is says: return self.index * 160 + 80, replace the 160 + 80 with
40 + 500
and where it has these numbers in the Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate section, replace them with
40 + 180
This system looks best with the character facing left graphic.

I did have a screen shot of this once, but that vanished...

For covering my ass reasons:
And one more thing: This is nothing like RPG Advocate's version, his has a huge pointless part under Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate, which just changes the layers. Petros is a complete dumb ass :P

If you don't understand a thing I wrote (Like myself) then here's a simpler version but you'll have to do the thinking yourself.
At the bottom of Game_Actor, replace from part with def screen_x, to the end of def screen_y with this:
[CODE]def screen_x
if self.index != nil
return self.index * 40+500
else
return 0
end
end
def screen_y
if self.index != nil
return self.index * 40+180
else
return 0
end
end

I originally posted this at hbgames.org under the name el felixio, so some hbgames.org immigrants might say: Hey! I've seen this before![/code]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's cool. Simple and it works well.

Rep:
Level 87
This was quite popular back in the day. But times have changed and people now want fast-paced battle systems with flashy animations.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's pretty damn cool none the less. For people like me, especially, since I would hate to waste the time making all the animated sprites. If I were to use a side view battle-system, this is the kind I would use for sure. Good job.

EDIT:

Also, the Time Action Turn Based Physical Mouse Input With Cherries On Top Battle Sytem would totally be an awesome script.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:48:50 PM by modern algebra »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I've seen part of this but then the guy asked for help on the "Get Battle Screen" whatever coordinates. Cool thing!

Rep:
Level 84
im coolz
please,give me a DEMO ;D