RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] The master plan: My primary story idea.

Rep:
Level 89
I feel like sharing this. This is the story I have been cooking up for years. The namesake for my screenname.

Draylorn. A half-vampiric mercernary from the westernlands journeys to the main continent, which is ruled by humans, after deciding he wasn't welcome in his own land. He isn't welcome here, either. The main continent is centralized in a main city, as in this world, there was never any "Babel incident" (Reference to the bible story of the tower of Babel, in which man was spread over the earth because they were made to speak different languages) and thus never spread through the land. The result is a world in which is futuristic, and yet medieval. The central city area is ruled by business, technology, and corporate syndicates. The outlying lands consist of Kingdoms that do not share the citydweller's ideals or chice of living styles. Draylorn's land, the "unexplored continent" is more primitive still, yet because of it's largely unknown status, can assimilate the city's technology, and is fast becoming a great power in the west.

Vampires such as Dray do not match those in most stories. His parent race walks in the daylight, and only feeds on blood at a young age (though they have an uncanny ability to eat raw meat without becoming sick ;D) They are more agile and strong than humans, yet are actually less beatlike than man. They are a smart, resourceful race that although are not technologically up to the standards of the central city, could bypass them within a few centuries. Only time, prejudice and fear keep mankind at the top for now.

The first part of the game would feature Dray defeating an enemy in his own land, the Saccra (a race of anthropomorphic spiderlike creatures whose skill in poison and blades is actually greater than most vampires). After defeating them, his reputation will be tarnished by a rival, and he will have to escape his continent while being chased by a dragon who was sent after him by his own land. On the way through the border forests, he finds a staff (quite by accident) which was spelled to look like a tree branch, and uses it to fight off the dragon. After the battle, the staff plays a message made by it's previous owner. The wizard Geffen. It is a warning.

he had heard that name. Geffen. But this was a human.

Humans did not know elemental magic. Simple magic of the body perhaps, but not this. And dimensional magic? No human could possibly.. who the hell was Geffen, and who was his enemy?

A stealth/action/rpg by Draylorn

EDIT: I'm sorry; this belongs in PROJECTS, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:24:30 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 91
once your small brain put himself inside a story, even if it was good, and sadly that's not the case , this belongs in SPAM

you do not post stories for future project, it sux and project section is loaded with them

and beside your story made me go to the toilet and it doesn't usually happen
oh and mr moron, you are not supposed to tell everyone what will happen during the entire game... people are supposed to play...
people don't really realize that usually and their games look like that

heh well, when you'll have screenies maybe just maybe you could dare and post it but it better not be crap like your last game ...
oh yeah.. nice title screen.. that's all it had.. shame -.-
oh and it sucked.

cya.
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Thats a bit harsh isnt it?........

ye game sounds ok.....*loves vampires*

Charlie

Rep:
Level 91
I kidda have to agree with BlueXx. Dispite the fact that I don't like the story. This dosn't really belong here, and there are plenty of story topics allready.